Shadow Priest ignored again in 5.2!

01/09/2013 03:52 PMPosted by Ivanaflay
equally geared guildmates are doing 25% more single target DPS than you

O.o how do you manage that

while there are a few utility changes I would like to see to Shadow all we really need is a 10-15% buff to mindflay
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
01/09/2013 10:42 PMPosted by Xenthia
equally geared guildmates are doing 25% more single target DPS than you

O.o how do you manage that

while there are a few utility changes I would like to see to Shadow all we really need is a 10-15% buff to mindflay

Its easy when you exaggerate lol.

Agree, 10-15% buff to mind flay would be perfect.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
how can you love the when shadow aparitions are the worst spell in game, worthless in my opinion blizzard makes fun at shadoe priest by buffing a spell that doesnt even work correctly. am sick and tired of watching aparitions just fly/walk around me doing nothing
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I really think shadow priest need a damage buff in PvE, after clearing all content in regular mode I could not compete with other players when entering nto heroics and reason is groups really focus on meters when working heroic raids and that one thing shadow priest are not good at when it comes to single target is just sad to see every class at 130k+ while am stuck at 90k last team I attempted to join for heoic progression decided to pick a second hunter instead of me and i dont blame them why have a shadow priest doing so low damage while you can have any other dps class that can do big numbers, and yes i can say that shadow priest have been ignored all this time and after reading the 5.2 tier bonus sets i can tell is just gonna be another bad patch.

This might sound OP to people but just as an idea I would really like to see Mind Flay chance to reduce the CD on Fiend come back, or some kind of single target damage buff for that matter.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I was hoping they would scrap Shadow Apparitions but instead we got BOTH set bonuses tied to them, lol.

I mean the set bonuses won't be so bad when they fix all the SA bugs but I don't see that happening in time.

sadface:(
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
What's a Shadow priest?

Oh. That's the white thing on the bottom of Recount.

HAH. You play that.

I like you :) that was a good one...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
If you want to top the meters single-target DPS, then don't play a shadow priest. It's not our strength and it shouldn't be our strength.

This game is all about balance. Making us king at single-target DPS would mean many of the other non-scalable classes (like arcane mages) would be completely broken. Why would anyone ever play anything besides a shadow priest if we were top single-target as well? If you like destroying the meters on a Patchwerk-style fight, then go play an arcane mage. If you want to beat the #2 DPS on Emperor by over 10 million damage, drop 65k heals per second on Tsulong on top of your already-good DPS, or instantly heal a tank for 600k health right before a wipe, then play a shadow priest. The choice is simple for me.

Bottom line is we are gods at multitarget fights, pretty decent at single-target, and bring one of the highest raid utilities of any class to the table. Yea, it's not fun to watch other classes beat us single-target, but for many of them, that's the ONLY thing they can do well. Not to mention we do beat them sometimes and it's fun to rub it in their faces :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Shadow priests are not, and should not be, masters of necromancy.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Shadow priests are not, and should not be, riders of monster trucks.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

Bottom line is we are gods at multitarget fights, pretty decent at single-target, and bring one of the highest raid utilities of any class to the table. Yea, it's not fun to watch other classes beat us single-target, but for many of them, that's the ONLY thing they can do well.

I wouldn't say we are gods at multi target fights, it's not like we dominate the meters when there's multiple targets, we are competitive at multiple targets yes but there's plenty of specs that don't have an issue keeping up with us.

Single target assuming all equal skill we aren't even close.

Mind Flay IMO is the smartest spell they can buff to effect single target PVE without making us OP in PVP or multi dotting since it looks like they aren't gonna touch our dots and after the giant slap in the face on Mind Blast they aren't gonna touch that either.

01/09/2013 10:17 PMPosted by Qah
I completely hate the new set bonus.

Yea not really a fan either, would rather a boring flat damage increase to an ability then depending on apparitions.
Edited by Deivias on 2/22/2013 4:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
02/22/2013 01:52 PMPosted by Breathkeeper
Shadow priests are not, and should not be, masters of necromancy.

clearly we are force users... really unsure why they gave dks force choke :-\ should of gone to spriests

Patch notes should include:
Minor Glyph of Lightning: Causes your mind-flay animation to be replaced by electrical arcs between your hand and the targets face.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I too am terribly disappointed with Blizzard's apparent disinterest in shadow priests with 5.2 notes; we began as one of the most interesting classes...but now, we're an odd melange of dot and blast -- like others I find that tier pieces are not that useful -- the male set meant or disc works out much better survivabilitywise. And even in our guild's modest raid progression I don't see the need for an spriest when the fights demand bursty big dps. My humble suggestion (as someone who only plays an spriest & who does computational modeling for a living) is have our dots STAY but start small in damage but increase non-monotonically as the fight continues. Allow mindflay to rienforce itself like adding two + signals. For pvp, let our dispersion be toxic, draining life; let our dots interfere with enemies' abilities as the fight continues.

And to the nonpriest postjng about fears, I agree with others -- you've execised more a dearth of understanding of mechanics than a legitimate complaint -- like arena's having become a basketball game with a minute left -- score is close...about committing fowls (STUNS) and not basketball. Arena is who has the best most silliest stuns---not combat

Most Respectfully,

The shy undead spriest Suetonius of Eredar
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
its simple really, MAKE US SCALE BETTER. we have never scaled well as expansions continue. They then over buff us on the PTR and nerf it to hard right before it goes live. GG
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
01/10/2013 12:03 AMPosted by Lykorys
how can you love the when shadow aparitions are the worst spell in game, worthless in my opinion blizzard makes fun at shadoe priest by buffing a spell that doesnt even work correctly. am sick and tired of watching aparitions just fly/walk around me doing nothing

Funny this should come up, I always seem to have two of them floating around right next to me. It looks like a Mage mirror LOL.
Reply Quote
26 Undead Priest
Comparing SPriest DPS with other classes DPS makes no sense. If you want an accurate measure of a shadow priest's worth in a raid, you need to add DPS, HPS, and Damage Prevented per second, and then compare that to the other classes. DPS is not the end-all, be-all that you think it is.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I've only started playing when MoP came out. I loved leveling as an spriest and I can say that out of the few toons I've worked on, it's been easily the most fun to play. That said I find that my usefulness in a raid is limited by the fact that I am out dps-ed by any hunters/arcane mages/afflic warlocks/WW monks (that know their rotations and are evenly geared) on single and multi-target fights on some/most occasions. Also that any off-healing that I do takes me out of shadowform which lowers my throughput for DPS and my PW:S uses way too much mana to be a viable option to assist with any damage mitigation. However, I love playing my priest and I'm a bit concerned with a few of the patch notes (fully knowing that these aren't the be all and end all of the live drop, the fact that they haven't made many significant changes to what I'm concerned about I'm going to make the assumption that they've made their decision) The changes to glyph of MS need to be re-evaluated, without the extra few instant casts of mind blast, any fights that require even small amounts of movement (most of the MoP raid boss fights) will result in a significant loss to DPS. I understand that there is a need to nerf some of the skills for PvPs sake *I've heard the rumor that it's the result of a whiny dev that plays a mage* but the changes made are going to affect PvE and raid content in such a dramatic way, especially if the fights going ahead are anything like they have been in the current raid content. As an example, I play at a 488 iLevel and in fights that I don't move around alot I average about 63-68k dps (for a full 5 minute boss fight such as Garaj'al) When fighting a boss like Tsu-long where movement is required my dps drops to 40k-43k. The nerf to the glyph of mindspike will affect the damage while moving even worse and the 20% buff to Mind Blast will not help because it will still need to be hard cast unless it procs from DI which is still only 1/20 ticks of Sw:P. I hope there is still time for Blizzard to consider this, or possibly making Mind flay castable while moving (which would REALLY imbalance PVP) or making a glyph for Mind flay that allows it to be cast while moving but it loses it's movement impairment affect. I'm not considering abandoning my priest all together but if I can't get into any raid content because my DPS is too low I'll have to consider re-rolling or playing my Monk full time which would suck because I hate playing melee dps :(

Edit: TL:DR sPriests already low DPS while moving will be affected which could ruin our chances for raiding consideration.
Edited by Mystrien on 2/28/2013 8:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Wall-of-text crit is a bad stat. You should be stacking more haste and paragraphs.

Buff to shadowform = shaddup to the whiners

ps. DoT nicely and you get all kinds of on-the-move procs nowadays
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Nothing to say im leaving this class right now tired of being a turd under the meter just because of my crappy class.
Only going to gear him in PvP
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]