As a Mistweaver, nothing bugs me more than...

90 Gnome Monk
Stampeding Roar! This ability bugs the heck out of me. Not because of the effect that stampeding roar has on me, or the group as a whole, but because every time one of our Druids decides to be helpful in a raid, I get locked out of one of my best heals (chi roll) for 8 seconds! Eight seconds is a very long time when people are dying and you need a quick spell to heal everyone around you, but oops, sorry you can't.

I really see no reason why Stampeding roar should lock me out of my one my best heals in my arsenal. I think I understand that the point is so you can't use crazy amounts of movement abilities when teamed up with a druid, but I don't see why Chi roll doesn't just drop the SR buff and override it by rolling you a short distance. Because, no matter how you look at it, if you SR and then roll 2-3 times right after it, you're still going to be further ahead then if you roll in the middle of SR and it drops the buff off of you.

Not sure if this issue will ever get resolved between Stampeding Roar and Chi Roll, but I needed to vent and see if it bugs others as much as it does me.
Reply Quote
Interesting, I didn't know that Stampeding Roar locked the use of Roll or Chi Torpedo.

I think you should be able to make a macro to fix that. I'm not that good at macros, but I think something like this should work:

#showtooltip Chi Torpedo
/cancelaura Stampeding Roar
/cast Chi Torpedo

If I'm right, it'll cancel Stampeding Roar when you cast Chi Torpedo.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
You're probably right, but from someone who doesn't use many Macro's, its an annoyance to say the least
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Just swap out your bind with that macro Flintte posted and you'll never notice the difference.

You are right though. The game engine must have some limitation where it can't allow Monks to roll + have stampeding roar up without Monk's either moving much faster than intended or much further (probably the latter). That's a pretty lame issue to have and Blizzard shouldn't have taken the shortcut and simply not allowed it. That's just lazy when we were between expansions and code changes hurt less.
Edited by Battlehippy on 1/1/2013 2:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Or Blizzard could change the game so that roll auto-cancels SR rather than being locked, if they don't want them being stacked. The effect would be the same except for having to make the macro -- you could either use roll and cancel SR, or wait until it wears on its own.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Or Blizzard could change the game so that the best healing talent in that tier isn't tied to a mobility skill.

You are right though. The game engine must have some limitation where it can't allow Monks to roll + have stampeding roar up without Monk's either moving much faster than intended or much further (probably the latter). That's a pretty lame issue to have and Blizzard shouldn't have taken the shortcut and simply not allowed it. That's just lazy when we were between expansions and code changes hurt less.

No, it's just considered a mobility skill, and Stampeding Roar automatically locks all other mobility skills for its duration.
Edited by Dysrhythmia on 1/2/2013 4:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Just use.. spinning crane kick?

I really don't remember having issues using roll when under stampeding roar.. so maybe it's a chi torpedo bug.
Edited by Karuzo on 1/2/2013 12:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
01/02/2013 04:03 AMPosted by Dysrhythmia
Or Blizzard could change the game so that the best healing talent in that tier isn't tied to a mobility skill.

They could be tuned tighter, but the pure mechanics here say that Torpedo should always have the strongest numbers since it has the highest opportunity cost and largest difficulty in optimization.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]