Want a Blue response, post a silly thread?

90 Night Elf Hunter
Why do the blues only seem to comment on silly threads and never in a thread that has substance, provides meaningful insight, or merits actual discussion? This seems a complete waste of time and valuable resources.

Seriously, I am stumped. If you don't believe me, just scroll through the pages and see which threads a Blue has posted in. The vast majority are nonsensical.

I would much prefer actual developer insight to the many issues facing the game and our current game play. There are so many valuable questions that a Blue could address with their posts, yet they seem content to let those slip through the cracks while they post in a thread about being "a proud gnome".

Is it just because this is the General forum and they don't care to put that much energy into the moderation?

#boggled
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Warrior
wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
01/01/2013 12:02 PMPosted by Crepe
wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com

Thank you, I did not know that was available. I will use it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Because heaven-forbid they have fun?
Reply Quote
Entertainment.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Because those are the only threads really worth responding to.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
"I have no idea what a CM is or what it does"

Fixed for you.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I completely get that, but there seems to be an imbalance between actual informative posts and silly posts.

There's plenty of jokers on the forums to keep me entertained, but only a select few that can actually enlighten me on the game I am investing time into.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Do you really have to give them crap TODAY? I mean i can agree to some extent but today is not a day to complain about silly stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
"I have no idea what a CM is or what it does"

Fixed for you.

No, you miss the point of the post in your desire to quickly post a snarky reply. Which is not unexpected.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
I believe I read a blue poster respond to this exact question before:

In most cases, the forum posts you are referring to that have "Substance" and "Meaningful Insight" are duplicate threads built on a discussion from a previous post. In most cases, players will refer the original poster to the original thread.

It comes down to a blue poster posting the exact same information in 10+ threads on the same topic.

Silly threads can be original and are rarely duplicated.

If the blues have already responded to the topic in a previous thread, chances are, they will not contribute further to a new thread on an old topic.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Warrior
01/01/2013 12:05 PMPosted by Cortland
I completely get that, but there seems to be an imbalance between actual informative posts and silly posts.

They're not here to answer questions on demand. They're here to pass information from the development team and from us to the development team. As it's a holiday, it's quite unlikely the development team has a new blog or message for us.

Let Rygarius have some fun. It's a game board.

If you have feedback, use the email address.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
01/01/2013 12:06 PMPosted by Shaofanger
Do you really have to give them crap TODAY? I mean i can agree to some extent but today is not a day to complain about silly stuff.

It's been a question I have had for a while, just posted it today because I finally had a moment to do so. I assume I would have the same question tomorrow.

I am less upset than actually curious. I would LOVE to see some valuable feedback on the game and wish we had a better flow of information from the developers to the players. To see one logical and accessible avenue of that be wasted is confusing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I posted a reply to this exact thing in another thread, so I will copy/paste it for you.

Because when someone sees one of the CMs post an answer to anything, they immediately go into the mindset of "Well a Blue said suchandsuch, it HAS to always be true, from now on out, and I can always just throw this back at anyone who says otherwise."

Anyone who has ever worked in Customer Service for any large company has probably been told by their upper management "watch what you say, when it comes from your mouth it becomes law". So what do the CMs do? They only post in safe threads where someone isnt going to twist their words around and throw it back at them a month later.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Not to derail your concern, but those insights may have to wait for at least a bit longer. Most of the development team are out on break until after New Years.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I believe I read a blue poster respond to this exact question before:

In most cases, the forum posts you are referring to that have "Substance" and "Meaningful Insight" are duplicate threads built on a discussion from a previous post. In most cases, players will refer the original poster to the original thread.

It comes down to a blue poster posting the exact same information in 10+ threads on the same topic.

Silly threads can be original and are rarely duplicated.

If the blues have already responded to the topic in a previous thread, chances are, they will not contribute further to a new thread on an old topic.

I guess I am just missing these informative posts. That is certainly a possibility.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
01/01/2013 12:09 PMPosted by Cortland
I am less upset than actually curious. I would LOVE to see some valuable feedback on the game and wish we had a better flow of information from the developers to the players. To see one logical and accessible avenue of that be wasted is confusing.

Like I just posted, the information you are looking for is there. You might find that "Blue Tickers" such as the one on mmo-champion are very informative. It's a list of threads where a blue has posted in the thread. Chances are, you will find a blue post in response to the topic you are looking for information on.

01/01/2013 12:11 PMPosted by Cortland
I guess I am just missing these informative posts. That is certainly a possibility.

I typically browse mmo-champion and at the top left is the recent blue posts. You can click on the link at the bottom of that box called "GoTo Blue Tracker" to browse threads that blues have posted in.

There you will find 866 pages of threads Blue's have posted in.
Edited by Bagamut on 1/1/2013 12:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I rather like seeing the blue posts on some silly threads...shows they like to have a bit of fun too
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]