Want a Blue response, post a silly thread?

90 Tauren Paladin
The developers use to post on the forums and to be honest when they did there was a lot more constructive discussions going on than the derailed threads that have nothing constructive in them lately.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
01/01/2013 12:45 PMPosted by Lohtoko
The developers use to post on the forums and to be honest when they did there was a lot more constructive discussions going on than the derailed threads that have nothing constructive in them lately.

There was very little constructive discussion and a lot of people whining about how they know what's obviously right for the game while the devs are clueless. Luckily, the devs don't waste their time with that crap anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
01/01/2013 12:04 PMPosted by Deewalt
Because those are the only threads really worth responding to.
This^ Blizzard understandably gets tired of hearing about how much players are hating the game, the ones that simply don't just quit. 100% of threads that are lamentations or fulminations are ones that are frankly just a waste of time. If they don't like it, quit. These GMs are not developers, what do you want them to do about it? GMs have been called many things, omnipotent isn't one of them.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
01/01/2013 01:16 PMPosted by Pennoyer
There was very little constructive discussion and a lot of people whining about how they know what's obviously right for the game while the devs are clueless. Luckily, the devs don't waste their time with that crap anymore.

You and I view things very differently which is fine because everyone is allowed their own opinion.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Hey look, its another one of those ignorant "blues should post where I want them to an no where else" posts. Gee, we don't see these popping up a few times a week do we?
Reply Quote
93 Night Elf Hunter
Blues need to get a good laugh once in a while, thus they post in said threads. :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I've gotten the same impression before.
Reply Quote
58 Blood Elf Death Knight
Why do the blues only seem to comment on silly threads and never in a thread that has substance, provides meaningful insight, or merits actual discussion? This seems a complete waste of time and valuable resources.

Seriously, I am stumped. If you don't believe me, just scroll through the pages and see which threads a Blue has posted in. The vast majority are nonsensical.

I would much prefer actual developer insight to the many issues facing the game and our current game play. There are so many valuable questions that a Blue could address with their posts, yet they seem content to let those slip through the cracks while they post in a thread about being "a proud gnome".

Is it just because this is the General forum and they don't care to put that much energy into the moderation?

#boggled

They're people too. Unless you're their boss, they don't need your permission or approval to post in any kind of topic, no matter how 'silly' it seems to you.

Maybe you should have named this topic 'Want a blue response, post a stupid and pointless thread' because you sure got your blue post.
Reply Quote
11 Orc Hunter
01/01/2013 12:01 PMPosted by Cortland
Why do the blues only seem to comment on silly threads and never in a thread that has substance, provides meaningful insight, or merits actual discussion? This seems a complete waste of time and valuable resources.

Posting in a thread of substance can end badly in 2 ways:

If the CM gives an answer without consulting the dev team and being 100% sure, it will cause a forum explosion upon either when it is said or when it is retracted. Everything the Blues say is watched religiously for any sign of nerf or buff, and they know this.

If a Blue poster posts in a good discussion, this unfortunately has the habit of turning that good discussion into pure crap and Blue begging.

Posting in silly threads carries neither of those risks, and this CMs are more likely to do it. It also helps humanize the CMs a little bit, which in turn encourages people to be more civil toward Blizzard staff.

I know it is frustrating to see issues you feel passionately about seemingly ignored, but there are very good reasons for Blizzard's policies. Maybe one day, when people aren't questioning GC's job status because Combustion was nerfed, we'll commonly see developer posts in threads of substance.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
01/01/2013 12:11 PMPosted by Arkimus
Now look what you did. You made the bird get all serious.

I lol'd.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
Based on CM's I've seen come and go over the years

Short Summary: All major and official answers must be worded very carefully if it is to be responded at all. Better no official response than be met by pitchforks, lynch mobs and personal attacks for someone only being a messenger

It's easy for a light hearted blue response. Some CM's would be met with tar and feather if there is a typo in an official communication they copy and pasted. A lot of forums users are not fully aware of the amount of vitriol, garbage and hate speech that used to flood the forums.

If you see a blue response great, if you don't get a blue response, deal with it. They read it, and just may not be able to respond.

Much respect to all the CM's and Blue Posters past and present for putting up with at times, a very negative community.
Reply Quote
Oh look, it's this thread again. I love seeing this pop up every-single-week.

See that blue text? That means the person posting works for Blizzard. That does not necessarily mean that aforementioned person is a developer, nor are they exclusively a loudspeaker through which the developers relay information to the players, though they often serve in such a capacity so the community can be informed of design decisions without having to pry those who make such things a reality away from their work.

Rygarius is our feathery Community Manager. As that would imply, he manages the community (and plucks small parasites from his plumage on occasion), which involves a lot of time on the forums, making sure unnecessary and/or inflammatory threads are dealt with, redirecting players who have inadvertently posted in the wrong forum, and other related tasks.

Speaking from six years of experience with these forums, I would say it's not only acceptable, but perhaps even necessary for CMs to take a little time to post in silly threads after a long day of wading through the cesspool that these forums often become when tensions are running high.

Keep in mind that one of the job skills of a CM is typing, which means that in spite of his large talons, Rygarius likely has an impressive WPM count. Hence, when he graces one of those silly threads with his presence, those one or two sentences he leaves behind likely took only a few seconds to formulate and type. Furthermore, such a response promotes a sense of community between the blues and the players, as if we're all friends playing the same game, rather than the blues being emotionless heralds of impending game changes.

Do you understand now, OP? CMs posting in silly threads IS community management.

Respect the bird! Respect it!
Edited by Hanners on 1/1/2013 7:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Just because they don't respond to it doesn't mean they don't read it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Well if all I had to read was "you guys suck lol" and other colorful things. Speaking with the more "laid back" crowd seems better.

Just because they're blues doesn't mean they all have a huge say into what goes into the game. I guess a good comparison would be they're like life guards. And the forums are a big shark filled pool.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
umm cuz they are people too and have the right to comment on threads they like about their game, just cuz they are game devlopers doesnt mean the only thing that they type or say has to be about the game
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
W
O
W

is the game we play, as well as my feelings on this.

*edit* wow choke down more please, this is just pathetic.

Can we RP with people who never cared about this game and do a JOB some more please?
Edited by Optimuze on 1/1/2013 10:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
SSC
Rygarius I have a few questions for you.

1. Are you aware that both the phone and in game support staff direct people to these forums to ask questions when they do not have answers?

2. Are you aware that your a representative of Blizzard, so therefore when you donn't take the time to respond to serious threads and topics but do for the none serious ones, it appears both do not have concern for the cares of the community and for serious feedback.

3. What is it you view your job as being? There seems a very wide gap between what you think and much of the community thinks.

The simple fact that your customer support team will advise people to take issues to these forums and to provide feedback lead to the anger over what the community managers choose to post about. When told to do so by company reprensenstives you would hope your concerns would be taken serious on these forums. Sadly they do not appear to be since the community mangers do not take the time to respond to those threads and instead choose to respond to the silly ones.

Either you need to take your job serious or the support staff needs to quit sending people to these forums for help when they cann't provide it.
Edited by Genada on 1/2/2013 12:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
01/02/2013 12:10 AMPosted by Genada
2. Are you aware that your a repsentive of Blizzard, so therefore when you donn't take the time to respond to serious threads and topics but do for the none serious ones, it appears both do not have concern for the cares of the community and for serious feedback.

It's kind of hard to take someone seriously when they can't even spell. Oh by all means. Continue to give advice.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
SSC
Right Rosenivy because you have never made a spelling mistake...ever....it's hard to take a person that would try to ignore a person based on that serious but by all means keep up with the being a spelling !@#$.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]