Want a Blue response, post a silly thread?

90 Worgen Death Knight
01/02/2013 12:54 AMPosted by Rygarius
A 'this has been read by a blue' tag may not be as useful or have as much of an impact as you'd think. Reading a large number of threads about class balance doesn't directly imply that a post about that topic was imminent. Criticism would turn to our reading habits; the threads we've been reading or not reading.

What about a tag just for posts that are being discussed/looked into, so on important threads when you or another blue reads and deems the issue/idea/etc. is worth looking into but there nothing to reply with at the time, just just check a box or click an extra button that basically says "Blizzard has viewed this topic and is looking further into it"? That way not everything looked at by Blues is spammed with "Blizzard has been here" but the important threads get confirmation that they have been seen and are being addressed.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
OP is just confused, is what it boils down to.

OP spoke with Customer Service and CS could not fix his issue. They suggested he post his concerns on the forums, as they always do and have done for 8 years.

The problem is, OP thinks they sent him here to the forums for an actual resolution, thatg someone would fiz his problem once it was posted here.

What he hasnt understood is that the problem (whatever it may have been) was not presently fixable and he was sent to the forums to post a suggestion to the Dev's to make changes so that his issue could be addressed SOMETIME IN THE FUTURE.

Customer Service does not send anyone to the forums for instant problem resolutions, if a problem can be rectified, they will do it for the customer while they are on the phone with him.

OP is angry because his problem was not immediately fixed by a CM after he posted his issue here on the forums, not realizing he was supposed to have been posting a suggestion to have changes made so that his issue could be fixed down the road.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
12 Human Mage

If customers are directed here by in game support, then I would hope there are customer support representatives reading these topics.

Are they not blues?

NO - Customer Service folks do not post on the forums. Even the Customer Support forum, is there to direct players to the proper resources to get an issue solved, not to "fix" things for them in most cases. People often confuse customer support (information) with customer service (action being taken). Customer Service types are reachable by Phone and by Ticket. Blizzard, like most companies, has different departments who are responsible for different things. All "Blues" who post on the forums are Forum Support Representatives or Community Managers. They are not the GMs, Developers, QA team, Billing Department, or Account Admin. Expecting them to "fix" your issue when they do not have the tools or ability is silly. They are here to communicate information and interact with the community, not do the job of other departments.

They send you to the forums so that you can find out more information about your issue by discussing it with other players or to give you a chance to make a constructive suggestion. Common examples of things people are sent to the forums for are issues with quests (player needs the quest explained and GMs are not allowed to give "hints"), bug reports (use the in game report feature or post on the Bug report forums), and suggestions (use the in game suggestion feature or post on the most relevant forum).

And Bowshot nailed it - most of the folks sent to the forums are sent there so they can post a constructive suggestion that will be conveyed back to the Devs who may or may not do what you want sometime in the future.
Edited by Mirasol on 1/2/2013 7:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
OK then how about this then?

Add a tab to the general discussion area along the lines of "Replied forum posts by Blizzard Representative".

TY drive through.

Wow that was easy wonder why blizzard never thought of that before? Took me 6 seconds to figure that out you guys have had over 8 years.

No disrespect intended but really cmon.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
01/01/2013 12:01 PMPosted by Cortland
Why do the blues only seem to comment on silly threads and never in a thread that has substance, provides meaningful insight, or merits actual discussion? This seems a complete waste of time and valuable resources.

Because the silly thready have no substance and are usually meaningless.

Blues have to be extremely careful in what they say as the community will jump on and over analyze and dissect every word they say. One wrong, like replacing word in a post can cause a firestorm in the forums.

You will notice how non-committal the blue posts are, unless they are actually committing to something.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
NO - Customer Service folks do not post on the forums. Even the Customer Support forum, is there to direct players to the proper resources to get an issue solved, not to "fix" things for them in most cases.

This is not what I have seen...
Example:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7414956329

and others I can find. I had a missing quest in Shatt to pick Aldor on an alt that they fixed once as well.

01/02/2013 03:36 AMPosted by Virtutis
This really depends on the particular forum being read. For instance, this would probably not work on the general forums however the bug report forums should be done this way.

Actually, most messages on the CS forums are responded to rather quickly, so it does depend somewhat on the forum and whether they have information to give.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
I lol'd when I saw the 2 posts in the general-forums with blue responses.

"Who wants a character sketch? Part 2.5!"
09/23/2012 03:38 PMPosted by Vaeflare
These pieces of character fan art are really fantastic! It’s great to see a number of artists jumping in to share their personality-filled creations

and "I got a new tattoo dedicated to WoW"
12/31/2012 02:08 PMPosted by Brennvin
Your dedication is impressive. And yes, it looks awesome!

I s'pose its their job to keep things fun in the forums.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Add a tab to the general discussion area along the lines of "Replied forum posts by Blizzard Representative".

You mean This?
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/blizztracker/

Wow that was easy wonder why blizzard never thought of that before? Took me 6 seconds to figure that out you guys have had over 8 years.

Except they already did?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
-
Edited by Fallkonia on 3/4/2013 6:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
I just wanted to say that I appreciate that Blizz employees can't always answer every thread "thoughtfully" and in that case it's best not to answer at all than accidentally be misleading; as well as that answering a silly thread is a completely different time investment.

And that I like that Blizz employees have a sense of humour and are able to reply to "silly threads"!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Multiple threads on the same subject. Should they all get a Blizzard symbol of acknowledgement?

It would make people more furious not to have the Blizzard "we see you" symbol of acknowledgement, than what is going on right now. People would still say they don't take time on the SERIOUS issues (theirs) vs the issues with a Blizzard symbol (an issue Blizzard wants feedback on). It would personally infuriate me to see other issues read but the ones I find important left "unnoticed". I think it would kill discussion, in that people not seeing their thread are read might actually give up talking about them faster than they do now. Plus there'd be thread "hijacking" (like there are now but in a, probably, lesser amount now) "Why are you looking at this thread and not mine? This is a silly subject! We have a game breaking issue we're discussing, and you're talking about...?" And that would be without taking into account people that might hijack threads without realizing the thread they hijacked was actually talking about the issue they find important (how many people go in a thread without reading the op?).

What people want is a direct back and forth with Blizzard employees. They don't only want a "ok we've seen your concern" symbol. So kidding yourself that's "all you want", means you've not thought this through.

The symbol is meaningless when you know it's someone's job to get through what's being posted here. To think Blizzard would keep them employed if they played minesweeper instead of reading our always polite, constructive and well written concerns is not very realistic.

Personally, I don't care. Only reason I offered the suggestion I did, is to try and avoid the QQ of people saying they are being ignore, or Blizzard doesn't care about issue X. I know they have a ton of employees and plenty of people working issues, and not just half-assing it.

Now having read your post, you are right, people would become to focused on "OMG MY THREAD DIDN'T GET READ BY A BLUE /RAGE" and just create another set of problems.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage

This really depends on the particular forum being read. For instance, this would probably not work on the general forums however the bug report forums should be done this way.

Actually, most messages on the CS forums are responded to rather quickly, so it does depend somewhat on the forum and whether they have information to give.

The context of that response doesn't match what i Was responding to so I am a little confused. What I was saying in hat paragraph you quoted was that a system whereby posts are marked with "read" by blues or similar would not work on most forums such as general. CS forums are generally responded to quickly but the bug report forums do not seem to be treated as CS forums and for the most part have no blue interaction, which I think is a problem communication wise.

Part of the problem Blizzard have with forum communication is caused by strange and inconsistent treatment of the forums. "Feedback", "suggestions" and "issues" are all very different things though they can be related, however in many cases are treated the same. The idea of wanting acknowledgement over reading a thread tends to revolve around feedback and suggestions but not issues but a thread devoted to issues gets treated as the same as feedback, thus communication problems ensue.

In addition, the class forums are the most appropriate place to discuss class related mechanics and any problems or feedback however GC himself has said several times that he doesn't bother reading the class forums. Personally I find that attitude rather unprofessional and exacerbates the idea of feedback not being read, especially when the lead designer states he doesn't read them.

All I am saying is that communication issues can be kept to a minimum with good policies. Blizzard has a track record for bad policies in this area and continues to do so even now. If you want to reduce the problems in this area improvements should be made by Blizzard to do so. Nothing will ever stop some people feeling slighted but it seems rather silly to invite that behaviour through bad policy on top of that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]