Sha-Touched weapons?

90 Blood Elf Hunter
I've been raiding Endless Spring since it released, and I still haven't been lucky enough to get my weapon to socket my legendary gem in. And with the approach of 5.2, and an entirely new raid instance, I'm a bit afraid of actually socketing my new weapon if I even get it before the patch.

I want to know if ANYBODY out there can either confirm or deny the existance of new sha-touched weapons with the new raid, or if I can just socket my gem next week if it drops for me?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
You can just get another gem, although it will cost you 10k per new gem.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
No one knows what gear the next raid will bring. When you get your weapon, put the gem in it, it's a huge upgrade.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
10k a gem? Well. That's not bad. Thanks for the info!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
The sha-touched weapons are part of the legendary quest, no?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Yes, in the sense that you put your legendary gem into them, and that it's speculated that they end up turning INTO said legendaries, but they're drops from raids, not quest rewards.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Yeah, just put the gem in when you get it. You can further upgrade the weapon and the gem when you finish the 5.1 part of the questline as well. We currently have no idea, I believe, of what the 5.2 part of the questline will bring, but I highly doubt it'll just be, "here's a new Sha-touched weapon!" Partly because Throne of Thunder appears to have nothing to do with Sha, and partly because that would just be lame.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I've actually never seen the Tsulong sha touched, Lei Shi Hunter sha touched, Sha of Fear sha touched and Empress ones. I haven't killed them enough, though.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I believe that as we progress through each tier, we will continue to get new quests that upon completetion upgrade the sha weapons to keep them on top of whatever drops (or close to) in the current tier.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
It's only speculation currently on what will become of sha touched weapons in 5.2. There will be a new head enchant (that's the new quest line) but... what about the weapons? It could be incredibly unimportant or incredibly important to get a sha touched weapon. Barring an upgrade to sha touched weapons, it's likely heroic weapons in 5.2 would be more powerful than any sha touched weapon just due to weapon damage.

Now you can buy extra gems but a few things to note: 1. Heroic MsV bow I think may be better than the LFR sha touched gun. Don't know how close you are to that, but important to remember. 2. As mentioned in other thread there is only 1 available breath of the black prince to you right now, can't buy another so once you get there, don't use it yet until its known what will become of these sha touched weapons or if Blizz adds ability to buy them.
Reply Quote
55 Worgen Death Knight
6 weeks of LFR, no sha touched dagger, 7 kills and 7 coins from 2x rogues and not a single Sha dagger. Fun.
Reply Quote
40 Orc Warlock
01/02/2013 09:54 PMPosted by Paresthesia
6 weeks of LFR, no sha touched dagger, 7 kills and 7 coins from 2x rogues and not a single Sha dagger. Fun.

You have 2 heroic daggers.. isn't that better than having a LFR sha touched one?
Reply Quote
55 Worgen Death Knight
01/02/2013 10:05 PMPosted by Eldotsyou

You have 2 heroic daggers.. isn't that better than having a LFR sha touched one?

I do? but no, it's not. Even the LFR with the 500 AGI gem is a 1.3kish dps increase.
Reply Quote
01/02/2013 09:54 PMPosted by Paresthesia

That's why it is called random. I've killed the LFR Sha of Fear 5 times and I've got:
- 2 x dagger
- Sha touched staff
- Sha touched sword

The odd thing is that the dagger always drop together with the Sha touched weapons.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I have a Sha touched gem, but no weapon to put it it. Have killed the bosses in terrace 10 times over and still no drop. Not to worried about it , unless you need the weapon to continue the legendary guest or if their will be a weapon that could use the gem in the next patch.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
VS
Assuming our Sha Touched Weapons are going through a building type of quest chains, no new Sha touched weapons should appear. First off, it made sense for these weapon to drop in HoF and ToES because they were Sha infested areas. Isle of the Thunder King is untouched by the Sha, so it wouldn't make sense for them to drop there. Second, as I theorized before, we will probably transform our weapons by the Siege of Orgrimmar into the proper Legendary counterparts.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I have been doing LFR Terrace of Endless Spring for 5 or 6 weeks straight and I have not gotten anything. My gem is sitting in the bank collecting dust and is pretty much useless. But the icing on the cake is even if I did get the weapon in 5.2 it's pretty much vendor trash since the new weapons will be better. So the so called legendary weapon is useless.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
heh, we've killed lei shi every single week it's been available (Several on heroic) and had both rogues using coins on every kill on 25 man, and seen 0 daggers.

That's 11 chances of 25 man + 22 coins for nothing.
Reply Quote
94 Pandaren Warrior
We've sharded 3 of the lei shi daggers because we don't have a rogue.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I've had sha-touched weapons drop twice (in LFR) on three characters.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]