Onyx Eggs

(Locked)

90 Human Rogue
When these respawn, is there a set number that spawn in random areas? Or do they spawn the same amount in the same spot every time? Also.. anyone happen to know the respawn rate?
90 Night Elf Warrior
They all spawn in the same places. But they spawn completely randomly. It took me about 8 hours of egg farming and 3 days worth of dailies to hit exalted.

The egg spawn points are easily listed on Wowhead. All you have to do is fly around the 4-5 mountain tops in a circuit with your eyes constantly searching the ground and mountainsides and peaks for eggs. You can see an egg on the ground on the water's edge from the top of the mountains in the sky if you have the eye for it.

The longest I went without an egg was about 2 hours. The most eggs I found was about 15 in 5 minutes. As I said, it's random like that.

As I did the daily quests back in the first few weeks of MOP, I went out there at 3 am, did the dailies, hunted eggs for about 8 hours that day and did the dailies again, so I basically went from no rep to exalted in a 24 hour period. This was after the egg nerf.
90 Dwarf Paladin
I like this transmog too. Very nice.

Google was my friend for this rep grind:

http://sneakysams.blogspot.mx/p/onyx-egg-locations.html

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1210314-Help-with-Onyx-Eggs

http://www.wowhead.com/item=89155/onyx-egg

The maps were what helped me the most, from the first website.
14 Night Elf Hunter
Can somebody tell me why it is easier to farm the eggs when to do the dailies? I have three toons exalted with them and their dailies are mostly fun. Why would I want to waste my time to look for eggs?

I did Netherwing and found 6 eggs during the whole time. Can't imagine doing that rep without the dailies.
90 Human Death Knight
It's not easier. It's a lot harder and a lot more time consuming.

But since the amount of rep you can get from dailies in a single day is capped and the amount of rep you can get from eggs is not, you can theoretically get the mounts sooner by farming the eggs.
Edited by Tyrathius on 1/4/2013 8:32 AM PST
01/04/2013 08:27 AMPosted by Littledeer
Can somebody tell me why it is easier to farm the eggs when to do the dailies? I have three toons exalted with them and their dailies are mostly fun. Why would I want to waste my time to look for eggs?

I went from honored to Exalted in two days by hunting eggs. I probably spent about 6 hours total across two days.

Sometimes I would find 5 eggs in 5 minutes, and other time I would fly around for 15 minutes and find nothing. However it doesn't take long to hit exalted if you spend a few hours hunting for eggs daily. (Be sure and get the 2x honor commendation after hitting revered - it's 1100 rep per egg)
90 Troll Shaman
I found about 30 eggs in 2 days. 16500 rep for not much time invested. That is roughly a weeks worth of dailies. Will take not doing those dailies all day long.
90 Human Death Knight
The eggs are great rep bonuses. And some people just hate dailies. I liked all the dailies and never found a single egg.
90 Tauren Hunter
I used the addons tomtom and cloud serpent to find the eggs. Granted I had bonus rep from having done it all before, but between dailies, quests, and egg hunting I got from 0 to exalted with cloud serpent in the course of a single evening that way.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]