Pulls statistic in character's feed

1 Tauren Paladin
From some point, can't find "pulls before kill" statistic in char feed. Bug or intended?
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Paladin
Could you please specify if this data supposed to be not public (as part of stated in known issues) and just been cleaned? Some developents depend on it and i should know if i should go on.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
this data is not in the api and i cant find it on the bnet site ither but i could be missing it too..
Reply Quote
Web & Mobile Team
That data is not meant to be public and has been purged from the character feeds.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Any chance you will be replacing it with the character statistics at some point soon?

17 months has been a long wait =(
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Paladin
Any chance you will be replacing it with the character statistics at some point soon?

May i ask why? And is this point final or discussable?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
The use of this on WoWProgress was quite unique, is there any way to bring it back and maybe have it private unless you allow websites to see it or something? Because it was useful being able to see how many pulls it took your guild on a certain boss, who was in, comparing to other guilds, looking at their pulls for bosses you haven't killed to see where to go next etc.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Paladin
12/17/2012 11:08 PMPosted by Hakushi
The use of this on WoWProgress was quite unique,

Actually it was just badly cloned by wowprogres from wowraider.net
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/17/2012 11:18 PMPosted by Hurricup
The use of this on WoWProgress was quite unique,

Actually it was just badly cloned by wowprogres from wowraider.net

Maybe or maybe not true, either way, the fact that it gave us availability of useful data like this, and now it's removed.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Paladin

Maybe or maybe not true, either way, the fact that it gave us availability of useful data like this, and now it's removed.

http://manaflask.com/en/article/2071/heart-of-fear-heroic-progress-25-man-top-20-plus-empress-heroic-pulls/p/2/#comment-area
One week before WP
But doesn't work anymore and that's sad :(
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
12/17/2012 05:05 PMPosted by Peratryn
That data is not meant to be public and has been purged from the character feeds.

Ever thought for a moment that your customers WANT to see this data? The customer is always right and in this case I don't see any harm in giving them what they desire. Quit being scrooges and share the goodies with us already.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Paladin
12/18/2012 05:38 AMPosted by Gnomecontrol

Ever thought for a moment that your customers WANT to see this data? The customer is always right and in this case I don't see any harm in giving them what they desire. Quit being scrooges and share the goodies with us already.

A-ha-ha, i belive there are lot of things that customers and competitors wanna see. but that doesn't mean that B should show it. But in this particular case - i can't see any harm too.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage

The customer is not always right.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Well i don't wanna say much, just that i really enjoyed seeing that data. Hopefully it will return.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Any chance we could get a reason why? I was very disappointed when I noticed the pulls information was removed from WoWProgress. Being able to see how many pulls other guilds are doing in comparison to our own guild is very useful. It helps us analyze what we could be doing better, and it gives that competition factor that helps everyone find the motivation to keep trying as hard as they do to down these bosses quickly. Not to mention if ever looking for a new guild, it can help to show where they may have struggled and where they shined.

I obviously don't have any facts, but I can't really see how letting us view the number of pulls on a boss by a character/guild can hurt anything.
Reply Quote
2 Tauren Druid

"Customer is always right" is not really a good argument, because more often than not the customers are not right :)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

Why?

This
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Just found this thread now through a Google search while wondering why WowProgress no longer displays pull information. :(

Blizzard probably needs the pull/kill numbers for raid balancing, but if they make the numbers public, people try to game them (to e.g. look better on WowProgress). This makes the metric less useful for development.

It would probably be possible to fix the pull meter so it more accurately corresponds to the number of tries, but removing it from public view is easier.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You know, World of Logs has an XML API.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/feeds/guilds/_GUILD_ID_/raids/?t=xml

And so does guildox.

http://www.guildox.com/go/guildxml.aspx?n={guildname}&r={realm}-{US|EU|TW|KR}

If I'm not mistaken, don't these sites specialize on raid statistics?
Keep in mind, we're programmers. We're supposed to find copacetic work arounds to brick walls. Even if these sites don't cut the nut, there is likely a different solution.
Edited by Cosine on 1/28/2013 8:31 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]