The easiest solution to gear disparity

90 Goblin Mage
Extremely simple, just match make or tier the BGs. New 90's use BGs to gear up, but it is not fun and extremely frustrating to play vs fully geared people with just the contender's set. Also, with the gear upgrade system, you now have people fully honor geared (+ conquest pieces) still playing in the same BG where before they wouldn't of had a reason too.

Simply tier the BGs by ilvl. That way, even a fresh 90 would be able to contribute and have fun. People would stop complaining about how hard catch up is. Obviously, you would have to disable changing your gear when you join the queue. As it is now, BG queues are < 3 min, I wouldn't mind waiting 2-3x that if I could get an evenly matched game where I dont feel completely useless.

Arenas are the other problem. Though since it is already match made, you will eventually reach a level where you can win games, even with greens. This is not the case with BGs.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
no thanks

queue times are long enough

Maybe depends on the battle group, I rarely have queues above 3 min. Usually 30s average.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
12/17/2012 07:49 AMPosted by Shichibukai
Simply tier the BGs by ilvl.

It's not simple, unfortunately. It would a) require a retooling of how Battlegrounds assemble teams and b) even under ideal conditions, it would likely slow down queue times dramatically. As Ovenmitz demonstrates, there are a lot of players who are very opposed to that.

It's not that we aren't interested in making Battlegrounds a better experience, it's that we need to make sure that whichever steps we take actually meet that goal.
Reply Quote
Dax, do you think that making gear upgradable only increased the gear difference?

It honestly makes gearing an alt mid season impossible.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Dax, do you think that making gear upgradable only increased the gear difference?

The upgrade system was a way to get people to keep queing even after they geared up. I think it was misguided personally but the goal was noble.

Yes it's making the gear gap even worse. I would like to have seen some sort of gold reward for people who keep queing. Higher the rating the more gold you make for example. I would also like to see honor in arenas for that matter.

It's clear that some incentives are needed. 3v3 ladder on reckoning barely has 1000 active teams....
Reply Quote
12/17/2012 10:48 AMPosted by Sabrinakyle
It's clear that some incentives are needed
Vanity rewards are all we need.

that will get the 1400-1800 bracket queing again easy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
It's not simple, unfortunately. It would a) require a retooling of how Battlegrounds assemble teams and b) even under ideal conditions, it would likely slow down queue times dramatically. As Ovenmitz demonstrates, there are a lot of players who are very opposed to that.

It's not that we aren't interested in making Battlegrounds a better experience, it's that we need to make sure that whichever steps we take actually meet that goal.

Give the players the chance to catch up please. I was playing WOW since the start of MOP, it just happened that I didnt play the arena season yet. Since my favorite part of the game is PVP, I dont feel like there is any incentive for me to lvl to 90 and play Arenas or RBG. People are 10 times stronger gear wise than me. I won't unsub or anything, WOW is still the best game in the world:), but I wish I could do some PVP to and not just level alts all day and wait for the next season.

How about a cumulative 1500 conquest per week since the start of the expansion? It would give the players who started earlier an advantage, but also would give others a chance to be at least somewhat equal.
And of course, there would still be no way to catch up with people who pushed their rating and raised their conquest cap every week.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Make the game less dependent on gear

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

*perma banned from forums*

http://i.imgur.com/KXziF.gif

12/17/2012 08:05 AMPosted by Ovenmitz
as alliance, my queue times are usually 6+ minutes. sometimes closer to 10.

I have been getting around 2-3 min queues lately. Even with those gearing up alts, no telling how the impact would be either good or bad with queue times. :S
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/17/2012 10:41 AMPosted by Daxxarri

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7384358496?page=1

Pay attention to the good ideas, please
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman

They actually just want to make you quit the game I think.

Feeling locked into 1 character, 1 spec(If a hybrid), just isn't very fun. I have 4 90's now; this shaman is so far behind in gear it just makes me want to quit the game regardless of the other 90s, because I simply wanted to do something different. It took a few 90s to see what type of gameplay I wanted, and now I suffer for it. I probably would have just healed on druid if it wasnt such a waste to dump feral gear.

Even though according to GC, "This is to reward players who keep playing." What about us that have alts Mr. GC? Good lookin out. I feel so rewarded getting nearly flamed out of my guild because I wanted a blue pvp weapon for my 4th 90. I feel like I wasted my money and time is what I felt like, since this season feels way harder on alts then the last 2 xpacs I played around in.
Edited by Healubaddies on 12/17/2012 10:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/17/2012 10:41 AMPosted by Daxxarri

A major step in the right direction would be to change how BGs are queued to make sure each team has a reasonable number of healers, while still trying to make sure queues are quick and efficient.

Perhaps a range of say 2-3 healers per team, 0-1 tanks per team and the rest DPS. A lot of situations of people getting steamrolled is when the other team simply has healers when you don't.
Reply Quote
12/17/2012 10:55 AMPosted by Sardiirus
I did grind bgs for about 5 hours or so each day, but if you don't want to put in an effort then don't complain when people out gear you
Being full dreadful is not what we( or at least I) are talking about.

Being full dread because you decided you wanted an alt mid season against poeple in fully upgraded malev with 50k more hp is not complaining because "we didn't put the effort in".

I could grind 7 hours a day if I wanted, it wont get me any more gear because of how the system works.
Edited by Novâ on 12/17/2012 11:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
[quote]The upgrade system was a way to get people to keep queing even after they geared up. I think it was misguided personally but the goal was noble.

It definitely gave people a reason to jump back in and spend all that excess honor, but it was short lived. It barely took any time to upgrade the dreadful pieces I have, and now I find myself wishing I had something worth while to spend honor on.

I got excited when I saw that you could get Polished Battle-Stones for 1000 justice points. It's not huge, but it's really cool to see items like this purchasable with this tier of currency. Purchasing something you can easily buy from the AH isn't near as exciting as something like this. We need more things like this to dump our points.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
They could just remove the weekly conquest cap and increase the honor gained in regular BGs by 15% --- that would put everyone into dreadful and mal gear fast --- but honestly that would piss off the people who took time out of their schedule to be present and cap each week early in the season

The botting issue along with not reacting to huge class imbalances in a timely manner have already put pvp in the toilet for casual to moderate players and the advanced players who figured out and leveraged the imbalances hate the idea of the masses getting into the same gear they've earned early. It's a mess.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
12/17/2012 10:53 AMPosted by Playpal

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7384358496?page=1

Pay attention to the good ideas, please

^This
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]