How do Healers do Dailies?

100 Human Paladin
For the most part I have been Holy/Holy seeing as I don't play much ret and I am sick of paying gold to spec jump.

Is there anyway to go about doing dailies as a Healer which isn't such a pain?
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
Find a friend or offspec a dps class.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
funnily enough, holy paladin has an easier time then most healers doing dailies in heal spec! other then that, you already found the solution, offspec a dps spec for dailies or just don't do dailies.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Thankfully we have dual spec, just use one for a dps spec if you want to do dailies or non-healer content. If you feel it's more beneficial to you to use both specs for healing and/or tanking, then you're locking yourself into a less than ideal situation.
Reply Quote
For the most part I have been Holy/Holy seeing as I don't play much ret and I am sick of paying gold to spec jump.

Find a friend to do with them, or don't use 2 holy specs...that is really... unnecessary.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Grabbing a Ret OS saves you a lot of headaches. And time.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I go balance, pretend I know what I'm doing, and then get the dailies done in half of the time.

I do the same thing with my monk if I ever do dailies with him. Just go DPS and get done with stuff so much faster.
Edited by Kuruption on 12/17/2012 10:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I toss down my statue and some Healing Spheres, then MASS PULL as many mobs as I can, since I can pretty much keep myself alive through anything.

Takes quite a while to kill them all, but it takes less time to kill 6-8 mobs in a group than it does to kill 6 - 8 mobs one at a time.

Use all the abilities you have available to you; I either bust out my lvl 90 talent Xuen, or use the shorter-cooldown lvl 90 talent Rushing Jade Wind to augment the Spinning Crane Kicking I'm doing. I then use Expel Harm on cooldown (heal for me, plus single-target dps), keep Chi Wave bouncing, apply Fortifying Brew near the beginning of the "pull" when damage is at its highest, keep Renewing Mist ticking on myself, am sure to use Touch of Death on a mob with *lots* of health left (since it heals me for 100% of the damage done), use Dampen Harm, interrupt heavy-hitting casts as much as I can, etc etc etc...

What sucks is when the quest you're doing is in an area where quest mobs are not densely-enough distributed, so you can only grab a few at a time. Or quests where you have to pick up quest items; if you grab all the mobs in the area and AoE them down, someone else will have come along behind you and nabbed all of the quest items while you were stuck in combat >.<
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Best thing to do is just get some mediocre ret gear and do dailies with that. With the way talents and glyphs are done now there is no reason to have 2 holy specs, just carry some tomes of the clear mind on you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't.
Reply Quote
Stay disc, put up videoes, proceed to do dailies.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I do all my dailies in my ret OS. I used to do them as Holy a couple of xpacs ago, but it was miserable.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I have to use annoying off-spec on my druid :( I collected kitty gear because I much prefer kitty to boomkin then I realized that I needed boomkin if i wanted mainspec gear from scenariios so back to annoying chicken spec have I gone -.-.

My priest does just fine as disc though :D Good thing because I'd really like to stick with holy/disc on her right now, it stops the "will you dps this fight" bullshiz and lets me roll with buff/nerf cycles better.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
It depends on which dailies you are talking about. The Shado-pan and Dominance Offensive are much easier to do either with friends, or with a real DPS spec. Silly stuff, like clearing the vermin on the farm, or the August Celestial dailies at the Temple of the Jade Serpent, I just stay resto, gather everything up, pop Heart of the Wild, and Hurricane them into a fine, red mist.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
But Feyanna ... I've had more Int gear in the scenario "cache of treasures" than Feral - and I always run them as Feral. So I don't think that be a Boomkin thing is necessary.

Which makes sense, since they are tuned for 3 DPS.

<S>
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Holy priests > disc priests do dailies great, holy priests actually do pretty close to real DPS damage now. I was going cat form for my druids dailies, which wasn't so bad, but I eventually got a real feral spec.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
I have played more as ret this expansion then in the last 7 years.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
My resto druid(main) has a boomkin offspec. Same gear from resto will work & it gets the job done.

This toon is NOT doing a single daily.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Find a friend to do with them, or don't use 2 holy specs...that is really... unnecessary.

This.

You can buy the ret green gear and just use that to get dailies done if you can't find friends to do them with.

I run with a friend for dailies, both of us are MS pvp healers so we just use our o/s (friend as shadow me as boomkin, although I plan on picking up feral once I get some more gear) and our 'normal' gear to do them in. Such a difference doing them with someone!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
carry tomes of the clear mind with you and have your 2nd spec as dps, that way you can dps dailys or whatever is going to slow as a healer and if you want to pvp holy and pve in the same day its as simple as using max 9 tomes cost 45s each to change your current holy spec, can be done on the spot and costs 4g50s max 9g if you want to do the swap back aswell
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]