How do Healers do Dailies?

I don't. Life is short, I refuse to spend hours a day doing something that makes me miserable.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I have a ret off-spec. Very occasionally I end up doing some dailies in my holy spec. It's possible to kill things as holy, it's just very annoying as you can only single target things down and you are pretty much restricted to denounce spam.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
For the most part its easy as holy and since I cant stand ret it works for me

Only real complaint is aoe against low hp mobs
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I do dailies as disc just fine, things were a little bit rough the first week of the expansion, but gear easily helped with that. Atonement is pretty nice for it too.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I really should do a guide for this, so I can just point people to it instead of answering this question 2-3 times/month...

The long-and-short of it is to cherry-pick your dailies, especially if Rep is not your primary goal. If you are doing them for Rep, then find a friend, otherwise, just do the dailies that you can do quickly and easily by yourself as any spec. There are more of them than you might think, btw.

I am sure I'm going to forget some, (hopefully someone will add the ones I forget) but here is a place to start for you:

Golden Lotus - in no particular order, and not all are available on any given day

Behemoth, either one. If it's the kill quest, just wait until someone else is killing it, or until it gets to the bottom of the hill (you can pull it down there, too) where the npc's will fight it with you.

Band-aids on fallen GL members
Lightning Rods
15 spirits
All of the (many) quests that involve grabbing something off of the ground
Putting out the building fires
Stamping out the fires
Visiting the shrines
Apples from the trees
Survival Ring
Spinny blades/fire arrows

Klaxxi - There simply is no reason not to do these if you grab the enhancement from Kil'ruk the Windlord. Gather up lots of appropriate mobs, and he will take roughly half of their health (plus dot them) once every minute. This enhancement is seriously almost better than bringing a friend. If said friend has the same enhancement...

Shado Pan - if you take the materials that are on the ground (Sleep Dart, Smoke bomb, and some sort of distracting Coin) at the camp you get the dailies from, you can do most of these very easily. It seems that you have to grab the smoke bombs seperately for some reason, so don't forget them. Take the rogue companion (the first one you are allowed to take at all) because she gives you stealth once you've been on the ground for a few seconds, regardless of your class. These items are usable from Stealth, and don't break it.

August Celestials - whether or not someone else is there is kind of hit-or-miss, but if they are at the Temple of the White Tiger, chances are that someone else will be there when you arrive. All of the targets are full credit as long as you do some damage, just make sure you have the quest. The other three locations each have a couple of collection quests that you should be able to do easily on your own regardless of spec, but they may (or may not) be worth the flight time to you.

Cloud Serpent - your best bet for these is to find a friend, or use a dps spec, unless your primary goal is just the Rep. If Rep (and gold) is your only goal, then you can just do the ones that are tradeskill-based (Arch, Cooking, Fishing, and...First Aid?), along with trying to gather the eggs. Note that neither of these options gives Valor, but the rest of the dailies do.

Tillers - I know nothing of these, as I haven't done a single one. I have heard they are easy, though.

Dominance - Find a friend. The ones that I have seen are very group-friendly, but not really solo/collection/healer friendly.

I hope that helps you.

Riôt
Edited by Riôt on 12/18/2012 5:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
The problem is when you are a Healer with tank as offspec for raiding purposes... =/
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I just stay Disc, it takes a little longer to do the dailies. But with atonement healing, it's hard to die.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
For the most part I have been Holy/Holy seeing as I don't play much ret and I am sick of paying gold to spec jump.

Is there anyway to go about doing dailies as a Healer which isn't such a pain?

I did dailies for about 2 days in my pretty bad Ret gear before just going back to Holy to do them.

I don't even notice them being slow with 21K spell power self buffed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/17/2012 04:57 PMPosted by Noxella
I don't. Life is short, I refuse to spend hours a day doing something that makes me miserable.

At least do enough to get your 3 Elder Tokens weekly...it's not hard. Takes maybe 2 hours (as Disc) of dailies per WEEK to get 90 lesser tokens.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
For the most part I have been Holy/Holy seeing as I don't play much ret and I am sick of paying gold to spec jump.

Is there anyway to go about doing dailies as a Healer which isn't such a pain?

Having both specs the same is mostly useless, given that you can changes your talents or glyphs with tomes/dust--which are dirt cheap.

As others have said, have your off-spec as DPS and item swap if needed. That's what I do on my healer characters.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks Sparkle, it's been a couple months since I've done any Shado-Pan, and I did indeed forget about the other two sets of dailies.

While not terrible, neither set is particularly solo-healer-friendly, iirc. I suggested the Rogue companion for the mantid set, but I would take the Mage (most likely) for the other two sets. Yeah, you can take any of them, and they will *do,* but as a heal spec I'd want whichever made it the quickest, or the easiest, and that Mage is a fluffy pile of awesome (imo).

Not sure how I would have been super wrong with the Wind Lord?

Riôt
Edited by Riôt on 12/18/2012 10:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/18/2012 10:52 AMPosted by Sparklefever
You don't have the same set of companions for every set of dailies. :P

OMG, you saying that made me realize that I confused my friend (mage) with that companion the two times I've done the Yaungol set. I wonder what he'll think about that...

I did use the Brewmaster on those, who doesn't hold threat for schnikes.

No, I never tried Raining Blood (or any of the others), but the Windlord's enhancement does exactly what I said it does, and makes those dailies fast and simple. The only hangups with his enhancement are that sometimes he chooses poor times to show up (single non-boss mob), and if you don't gather the mobs correctly, he shows up too soon, and might even miss them all to boot.

I left these caveats out, because discovery and learning are part of the fun in life. :)

The point of my post was to show the OP that there are quite a large number of dailies that can be done as a solo healer without feeling crippled. Not all of them are available on any given day, but enough exist to reach any goal you might have for doing them, albeit slower.

Riôt
Reply Quote
Either OS ret or glyph HS, Harsh Words and Denounce. Spam your way to mob death?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Have a DPS spec at hand.

Else, just sit and cry in the corner hoping someone will help you do them. :l
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
well i had shadow spec, as my dual spec

but since I realized the massive buff it got to be nigh a dps spec with the same amount of heals, I havent bothered to go shadow at all
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
My first spec is Resto, my second spec is PvP Resto.

So I don't do very many dailies.

When I do need to kill a mob, I cast frost shocks and a lot of lightning bolts. They hit for about 20k, so I do mean a LOT of them.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
12/18/2012 06:33 AMPosted by Sàtàn
The problem is when you are a Healer with tank as offspec for raiding purposes... =/

No, not really. As a tank spec you should have no trouble with killing close to the full pack you need to kill for a daily at once.

To be fair though, druids are the one tank spec I've not actually seen do that live. Still, based off the amount of healing I've seen bear tanks put out I expect they should be able to.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]