Crit extending inq

90 Human Paladin

While that's not exactly a bad idea, there was no need to necro an old thread as it doesn't really have any bearing on this particular subject.

Who made you forum moderator?

His idea in particular was pretty good, so I replied. If I see another 7 month old thread with a good idea, I might just reply to that too. You can moderate my forum usage when blizzard hires you, or you're paying my $15 a month.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
07/22/2013 12:48 PMPosted by Vir
Check post dates, people.

Oh no, don't discuss an interesting idea because it's seven months old!

You didn't discuss the seven-month-old idea, you just posted a different and vaguely-related idea. A new thread would be more appropriate.

Bumping an old thread to post a completely new idea in only loosely the same vein is exactly what the no-necro rule is designed to prevent.
07/22/2013 01:20 PMPosted by Vir
Who made you forum moderator?

Nobody, which is why we're just asking you "please don't do this", rather than locking the thread.
Edited by Ravicana on 7/22/2013 1:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
07/22/2013 01:20 PMPosted by Ravicana

Oh no, don't discuss an interesting idea because it's seven months old!

You didn't discuss the seven-month-old idea, you just posted a different and vaguely-related idea. A new thread would be more appropriate.

Bumping an old thread to post a completely new idea in only loosely the same vein is exactly what the no-necro rule is designed to prevent.

Bumping old threads for no reason is "necroing".

Bumping old threads to discuss the same topic is legitimate forum sheriff.

I suggest you go reread the rules you think you're authorized to enforce (or nag about).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Dude, I'm not trying to play forum police. I'm asking you to please not piss in the pool; we swim here. We use this forum, and bumping old threads like this is detrimental to the quality and clarity of discussion.

I think your idea of a talent tier that lets you choose your favored stat is very interesting, and deserves its own thread rather than being a sudden topic change buried halfway through an old thread that was about something else.

A lot of posters read only the first post, or sometimes the first page, of a thread before deciding whether they care about the rest. When the topic being discussed fifty posts in is almost completely orthogonal to the topic in the OP, you miss out on a lot of quality discussion, and instead get a lot of people responding directly to the now-irrelevant first post.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]