5.2 Pally PTR Patch notes

90 Human Paladin
Paladin

*Hand of Purity now reduces all incoming damage by 10% in addition to its other effects.

*Eternal Flame's periodic heal now provides 100% more healing when self-cast.

*Judgment now costs 5% of base mana.

*Protection
The base damage of Consecration has been increased by 789%, and it now scales less efficiently with attack power by approximately 11%.

Ok what your thoughts on this, and what you guyz think we need in 5.2
Discuss
Edited by Scar on 12/23/2012 8:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I dont like patch notes
They need to give Rets more stuff
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
you forgot illuminated healing is now granted for all heals except for the beacon heal. out of them all, i am most excited about this one, say hello holy radiance, light of dawn, and lights hammer.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Truly doesn't effect me, i guess i can use Hand of Purity more often for a heavy dot raid boss? not really sure. SS is still seeming better and 'The base damage of Consecration has been increased by 789%, and it now scales less efficiently with attack power by approximately 11%." WA???
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/23/2012 01:43 PMPosted by Covial
'The base damage of Consecration has been increased by 789%, and it now scales less efficiently with attack power by approximately 11%." WA???

That one does look funny, just seeing the percentages :p

Currently Consecration's base damage is really low, 103 per tick. That's increased to something like 916, but they reduced the AP scaling from 9% to 8%. So that's +800 base damage, but -1% AP per tick, which makes it stronger for <80k AP, and weaker above 80k, if I've done the math right.
Edited by Ravicana on 12/23/2012 1:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I play ret live and despite all the qq over ret currently. I'd have to say the only thing we could really use would be a buff to our self-healing. Screw healing over players now, make our healing have an extra benefit towards healing ourselves.

P.S. Templar's Verdict can use some love for real. For the ability to use 3 holy power it seems kind of lack luster for a free ability (cs or judgement) to hit harder.

Just my two cents....

Tweakn' :)
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I dont like patch notes
They need to give Rets more stuff

The more they fool around with ret, the more they typically screw it up. A short patch list is a good thing.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Pretty decent Holy Pally buff with everything (besides beacon) giving illuminated healing.

Prot is basically getting a number adjustment for consecration, I don't see much more into this.

EF change will buff rets self survivability and holy's survivability in PvP.

Hand of purity change is kind of nice, still probably won't be better then the other options for the appropriate situation but will be at least not be worthless.

Looking at the other classes, it appears as the classes that were outperforming Ret are getting hit to some degree of nerfs so that should bring PvE numbers a little closer.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
EF only ticks for like 3k..... they need to buff it by 500%
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Make Ret pally over all damage ,buff that people wont qq ,we will be fine
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
12/23/2012 12:03 PMPosted by Basilius
you forgot illuminated healing is now granted for all heals except for the beacon heal. out of them all, i am most excited about this one, say hello holy radiance, light of dawn, and lights hammer.

This is already the case, they're just updating the tooltip to make it more apparent which heals do and don't apply Mastery. AoE heals already apply our Mastery to every target hit; I am currently able to spam Holy radiance on my raiding group before specific bosses to stack a hefty shield to make the pull easier (Spirit Kings, Zor'lok). Throw out shields while people are buffing, drink, and renew it every 15 seconds until pull.

The change to Hand of Purity does make it a bit more attractive, but still not worth it without there being a heavy DoT. It feels more like a, "If you're going to grab it already, here's a tiny buff so you don't feel so bad about doing so because of a single boss mechanic." At best, it might gain usage in Heroic boss fights where there is predictable incoming tank damage to the tune of most of their health bar and you'd want to toss it out there along with Hand of Sacrifice and Sacred Shield. The benefit is dwarfed because 6 seconds isn't long, and why throw out this to prevent perhaps 40-50k, when you could instead pre-cast a Divine Light for twice that (and let's not forget the HP gain) AND select a different, powerful talent. Trying to manage every protective ability takes many Global Cooldowns that we may not have.
Edited by Wards on 12/23/2012 4:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
RET PALLY 4 LIFE
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
HoP still stinks.

HoP should just jump to the next target or something. IDK. It's the most pigeonholed spell of all time. That's including rogue talents.
Reply Quote
93 Draenei Paladin
Sweet. I might be able to keep agro on the first pull of CM Shado-pan after I get stunlocked the first time
Reply Quote
72 Pandaren Monk
Retribution provides too much utility, if they put the damage on par with pure dps classes it would break the game.
I still laugh at Hand of Purity and Unbreakable Spirit, in comparison to the incredibly broken Clemency.

Eternal Flame buff is bad, the only reason to give up on word of glory is to keep the hot on your raid.

Judgement is meh.

Consecration is a fair buff, this should allow you to keep aggro without waiting for vengeance to stack up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/23/2012 08:01 AMPosted by Scar
*Eternal Flame's periodic heal now provides 100% more healing when self-cast.
So I suppose this'll be better than selfless healer.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
EF change will buff rets self survivability and holy's survivability in PvP.

Hand of purity change is kind of nice, still probably won't be better then the other options for the appropriate situation but will be at least not be worthless.

Think from a prot perspective here.

Hand of Purity is downright OP in fights like Stone Guard. Especially for prot. What else are we going to take? Unbreakable Spirit is nice, but HoPurity is up a lot more often even taking into account Unbreakable Spirit. It might even be worth taking on non-DoT fights, especially if you aren't specced into Divine Purpose and don't have Divine Protection glyphed.

As far as Eternal Flame goes, 100% more healing on the HoT when self-cast DOES make it more attractive to prot, but not good enough yet. The fact that it costs holy power is the issue here.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I really do hope they make ret good again like all those years back (I <3 Pally's)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]