Funnest Healer?

I realize this question is biased by default but hopefully getting some input from various people will give me some useful information.

I have recently started healing and found that I greatly enjoy it. I tend to prefer sticking with one class at a time rather than having numerous alts, so my question would be if I were to play only one class, which healer would be the most fun?

My focus will likely be PvP, however I will also be doing PvE content. I currently have an 80 Monk and am leveling this Shaman, and would be willing to level a Priest/Druid as well. I am attempting to avoid basing my decision off current imbalances/fotm since new patches will hopefully address these issues.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Shamans have been quite good and fun in pvp ever since mastery was introduced. They also make good all around pve healers. Definitely a good choice.

Atm, monks are a little clunky and they'll take quite a while to balance. Along with most of their current healing being easily interrupted.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Can't go wrong with shaman in pvp, even after the nerfs. They were my vote for most fun healing class in pve as well in Cata/wrath.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If you're looking for the most 'funnest' class i'd have to say a Monk.
after playing every single healing i most enjoy playing a monk(not becuase its new) i find their healing machnic is very unique from the others.
if you're looking for the best in PvP/PvE i'll have to go with shammys, they're a solid healer with alot of utility.
hope i helped.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
I find monk to be by far the most fun healing class, but that's personal preference. Also, I don't pvp.

I find all healers fun though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
i find pally healers the most fun
Reply Quote
The hell is "funnest"
Reply Quote
Mistweaver > Disc > Rest
for me
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I pvped as a priest for years, but switched to resto druid for this expansion, and I haven't regretted it. The healing nerfs have hit resto hard, because we depend on hots so much but we still do well.

What I love about resto so much is that a) I can be slippery, and b) I can really disrupt a team.

If I go tree form, I can literally root an entire team. I can put down ursol's vortex so they can't chase us, or I can disrupting shout to interrupt all their healers. Symbiosis gives me access to a fear (everyone needs a fear right?).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
If you want a traditional "fun" healer, go Shaman or possibly priest (especially since both of their specs are quite different). If you want a hot-based healer with a lot of mobility, go Druid. If you want some weird mechanics and dealing with constant changes, somewhat clunky spells and, as of now, terrible in Arenas, go Monk.

Monk's are probably the most "different" class but that doesn't necessarily equate to fun. Honestly, only Paladins are straightforward and would be considered a bit boring by some but to others that's exactly what they want. They are also excellent raid, tank and PvP healers.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I'd say from easiest to hardest for pvp ***IMO***

-Pally - pretty straight forward, plenty of instant cc, limited invulnerability cd, can tank or melee dps for offspec
-Druid - Easy enough to figure out, top healing charts every time, harder to lock down due to great mobility, tank/melee/ranged dps offspecs
-Priest - Fairly straight forward, disc relies more on absorbs, more offensive abilities, strong dps offspec, or another healing spec!
-Shaman - Not terribly hard to play out of the box, but many utility spells/totems and a ton of keybinds! Both dps offspecs are decent
-Monks - Their perceived high skill cap is mostly due to unfamiliar mechanics. Lots of cc and mobility. Tank and melee dps offspec.
Edited by Spammer on 12/28/2012 10:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
MW or Disc in my personal opinion. Find the others relatively straight forward and/or boring.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Im having a lot of fun on my lvl 53 Holy Paladin, I tried Resto Druid, just didn't feel right to me, my Pally feels fluent, smooth and easy with all my Mouseover healing macros.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I've been playing a resto druid since cata and I started leveling my priest a few days ago.. I like it more. Holy is pretty fun, since I can't just spam my big heals and have to watch my mana. Something that I feel is missing from druid. I like the difficulty.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I realize this question is biased by default but hopefully getting some input from various people will give me some useful information.

I have recently started healing and found that I greatly enjoy it. I tend to prefer sticking with one class at a time rather than having numerous alts, so my question would be if I were to play only one class, which healer would be the most fun?

My focus will likely be PvP, however I will also be doing PvE content. I currently have an 80 Monk and am leveling this Shaman, and would be willing to level a Priest/Druid as well. I am attempting to avoid basing my decision off current imbalances/fotm since new patches will hopefully address these issues.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Mistweaver, I always get a good laugh everytime i look at my dusty monk.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]