Mistweaver Healing Spheres?

58 Blood Elf Death Knight
Can this spell be replaced? You think any dps is gonna look for one to walk through? No, they will just keep up their rotation so its all about random when it come to this spell.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
5 words. Read the 5.2 changes. They're making them pop and heal a nearby ally for a percentage of the heal. Seriously people. Read patch notes before you complain about something blizz is already working to fix.

It's like all these threads quoting the tooltip changes and whining about x class being buffed. Read through patch notes, hotfixes, etc, THEN you can whine and complain when you actually know what's going on.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
5.2 patch notes say they will explode for 50% damage if not used within the duration, oh, duration is also increased.

that's how I read it anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
5.2 patch notes say they will explode for 50% damage if not used within the duration, oh, duration is also increased.

that's how I read it anyway.

Reduced duration, actually. Currently it's like 3 minutes for the placed ones and 1 minute for the mastery ones, if i remember correctly.

•Healing Spheres now have a duration of 1 minute. Healing Spheres generated by Mastery: Gift of the Serpent now have a duration of 30 seconds.

Still makes a lot of difference that they won't be wasted.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/26/2012 03:54 PMPosted by Keirisonis
Reduced duration, actually. Currently it's like 3 minutes for the placed ones and 1 minute for the mastery ones, if i remember correctly.

ahh, I never played monk and had no idea on the duration, I assumed wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
12/26/2012 03:54 PMPosted by Keirisonis

That got nerfed in 5.1, I thought.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

I looked through the patch notes once. Hold on lemme check.

edit: nope no changes in 5.1 hotfixes or patch notes to it so the 5.2 duration is much lower than the duration currently (which considering the bursting mechanic they're putting is a buff to both mastery and healing spheres)
Edited by Keirisonis on 12/26/2012 4:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
12/26/2012 04:00 PMPosted by Keirisonis

edit: nope no changes in 5.1 hotfixes or patch notes to it so the 5.2 duration is much lower than the duration currently (which considering the bursting mechanic they're putting is a buff to both mastery and healing spheres)

Found what I was talking about:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2980-Patch-5-1-PTR-Build-16173

Might've been reverted at some point, but it was in a build for 5.1 at some point.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Found what I was talking about:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2980-Patch-5-1-PTR-Build-16173

Might've been reverted at some point, but it was in a build for 5.1 at some point.

I think that got reverted cus i'm not seeing it anywhere but on mmo-champion for that ptr build.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Wait... they inflicted pre-glyph lightwell on monks?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
12/26/2012 06:46 PMPosted by Ticktacktick
Wait... they inflicted pre-glyph lightwell on monks?

Yes and no. Since you don't have to click anything, and they often spawn right on top of people, mistweaver mastery does decent healing even without any effort on the part of the raid. They aren't like lightwell which can go entirely unused.

Still, a fairly hefty chunk of orbs probably go unused (or get popped by people at nearly full health on accident). The 5.2 change will normalize the healing between a realistic raid and an ideal raid that uses spheres perfectly, which is probably a better way to balance them than say, making them heal for more or something like that.
Edited by Asthas on 12/26/2012 6:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
12/26/2012 03:39 PMPosted by Curvz
Can this spell be replaced? You think any dps is gonna look for one to walk through? No, they will just keep up their rotation so its all about random when it come to this spell.

People don't walk through those? I seek those bad boys out. Mastery and placed ones. They're like health stones I don't have to click on. I love them!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Yeah, I thought they were pretty dumb in the 1st place. I'm surprised blizz put them out as they were because people wouldn't even click a light well let alone nerf their dps to walk over to one of the orbs. Another thing was, they were almost useless to tanks because of positioning concerns.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Yeah, I thought they were pretty dumb in the 1st place. I'm surprised blizz put them out as they were because people wouldn't even click a light well let alone nerf their dps to walk over to one of the orbs.

I'm guessing someone who worked on the abortion known as Diablo 3 convinced the WoW team it was a good idea. Since we're here, what's the healing range of the exploding orbs?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/27/2012 08:12 AMPosted by Songs

People don't walk through those? I seek those bad boys out. Mastery and placed ones. They're like health stones I don't have to click on. I love them!

Me too, but see, that's because we're healers. We see free healing and go WEE better make my way over there! Healers are also the people who clicked the lightwell.

The actual intended users (dps) don't even notice these things are there. :P

Currently (in my experience) the healing spheres can't be picked up by someone w/ full health. I am wondering if this will end up transferring into a lot (more) overhealing for monks?
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
'm guessing someone who worked on the abortion known as Diablo 3 convinced the WoW team it was a good idea. Since we're here, what's the healing range of the exploding orbs?

Bandwagon is fun but be sure you know what you're talking about when you post. The gameplay itself was amazing in that game. The complaints weren't primarily about the ability designs or gameplay in general, mainly the storyline, item drop rates and lack of further progress at end game.

The short answer is that Healing Sphere (Spell) is a great spell design. It's much more involving than lightwell and has a lot of strengths to it. You can build your healing strategies around it. Dropping orbs in the path of the melee running out during Elegon or putting orbs next to the tank for them to use when needed. That's good design.

Where the design went downhill is when they made it the mastery as well. This has no thought process behind it and designed in such a way that just random throughput instead of useful throughput.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
12/26/2012 03:39 PMPosted by Curvz

I don't think arcane mages or casters like moving: they're the best targets for healing sphere spothealing: you can't miss em :3
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
The spell is pretty much invaluable in PvP for Mistweavers as well. An absolute lifesaver, and likely their most used heal.
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
12/27/2012 06:59 PMPosted by Mythara
The spell is pretty much invaluable in PvP for Mistweavers as well. An absolute lifesaver, and likely their most used heal.

it's beastly for sure. It should only be our most used heal if we are getting trained. Our other heals are more practical for mana tea generation.
Edited by Primiez on 12/28/2012 11:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
To the person who asked the range of the burst, I saw someone mention 6 yards. Not sure of that's true, but it seems likely considering how often the spawn close to people.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]