Flagged for rename after Realm/Faction change

(Locked)

89 Human Warrior
This is regarding my warrior I recently transferred/faction changed to cairne (currently named "Hannibal"). I had the name reserved under a level 1 alt (for quite a while). After the transfer was complete, I deleted my level 1 alt and renamed the warrior to Hannibal and completed the faction change (and got no error). However when I try to log in to the character, I get a message saying the character is flagged for rename. Reading through similar issues on the forums, I assume this is the known issue with the transfer/faction change, where the character inadvertantly gets flagged for rename when it isn't necessary. Would it be possible to remove the force rename flag on my warrior so I can use him this weekend?
Support Forum Agent
12/28/2012 06:05 PMPosted by Katastrophy
Reading through similar issues on the forums, I assume this is the known issue with the transfer/faction change, where the character inadvertantly gets flagged for rename when it isn't necessary.

To clarify, it isn't as much of a "known issue" as it is a limitation in how the system currently works.

Basically, if you transfer a character and the name is already taken on the destination realm, your character will be flagged for a rename. When you log into the character you'll be prompted to select a new name that isn't currently in use.

In many cases where a faction change is done in addition to a transfer those using the service often change their character's name through that service, giving them a name that should otherwise be unused.

Unfortunately, this method of renaming does not remove the flagging that was placed on the character in the first place. In these cases the flag must be removed manually by a Game Master (by submitting a petition or support site ticket) or by selecting an entirely new name.

You should be set and able to log in once more. I closed the ticket you opened to avoid any complications. Thank you for opening the ticket, though Support Forum Agents like myself try to help when we can, we aren't always able to get to each and every post. :)
89 Human Warrior
Thank you very much!
I am having the same issue with Bhambhoo on Kilrogg.. cna you help?
14 Blood Elf Priest
Bhambham, this thread is from last year. Best to start your own thread to ask for assistance when a recent one doesn't exist.

Also, you really should put in a support ticket in case a Blue here is unable to get to your request. Depending on the circumstances, they may or may not be able to help out.
Support Forum Agent
02/14/2013 05:59 PMPosted by Bhambham
I am having the same issue with Bhambhoo on Kilrogg.. cna you help?

I looks like you gave the character a temporary name, Bhambham. I'm able to remove a naming flag but beyond that, we are usually unable to assist. A Game Master should be help and restore the character name though. Just leave your ticket open and someone will be along as soon as they can.

I'm going to lock this one up since it was from last year. :)
Edited by Vrakthris on 2/14/2013 6:37 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]