Should the healer call out defensive CDs ?

Should the healer call defensive CDs like cloak ????? (pvp)
Edited by Adsfadsfad on 12/30/2012 9:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Assuming you are talking about pve, do you mean like cloak of shadows? No, not really. Like a raid leader might call out "personals" or something to that effect, but actually singling out cloak call in a raid is not on the healers. You should know before a fight begins when you'll need to use your personals (as well as group raid cooldowns).

If its a group wide cooldown, anyone can do it, but it often will come down to the tank / healer calling those out since they are the ones that usually have the cooldowns in the first place, but not always.
Reply Quote
Talking about PvP
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Should people post on their main so they get taken seriously?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
mybad xD
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
If the healer gets CC'd then it's usually a good idea to tell the DPS that is getting focused to use a defensive CD to stay alive through the burst. It's almost always a good idea to announce CD usage or ask for somebody to use their CD's. It's nobodies "job" to always do that though unless you want to be permanently stuck in the 1300 bracket.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yes. I do anyways. I call out when I'm CCed (especially if it's something that can be dispelled by someone else) and when I'm being focused in case I need to blow cds to stay alive/get away.

12/30/2012 10:00 PMPosted by Masseý
Should people post on their main so they get taken seriously?

But that takes the fun out of finding them ;)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
The more you call out, the better...generally.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Definetly. The healer is the one who knows whether or not he/she will be able to perform the healing necessary. Usually in my my case I don't call for anything in specific, becuase being THAT aware of my partner's cooldowns is somewhere I'm still working towards but have not yet grasped.

Usually I just say something like "I'm in a fear, you have to live, you have to live, I have NS for you out of this, 2 seconds!"

You are making your dps aware of your situation and your intentions. Then they can make informed decisions as far as what cool downs to use.

Yeah its your responsibility.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I use Button Timers so I know when something is about ready and I'll call out when I'm screwed and can't be helpful. I would think my partner knows what of their own CDs to use to deal though.

I've done next to no serious pvp this season (grrrr disc and lack of pvpers on my server) but I use to run with a rogue who was brilliant about his own CDs and just needed to know when I needed help or was about to set up a chain cc to help him focus something. I'd say "when he's out of his fear I'll MC" or I'd see that all my CDs were up and needed 2 seconds to get away before something was available, and so on.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
this post was made due to the fact, He was on his rogue, LOS our healer and the healer called out "i am in a polly with a blanket cc right after" OP used no defensive CD's and then said he needs to be told when to play defensive......Hence this post
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/31/2012 09:49 AMPosted by Pyroballin
this post was made due to the fact, He was on his rogue, LOS our healer and the healer called out "i am in a polly with a blanket cc right after" OP used no defensive CD's and then said he needs to be told when to play defensive......Hence this post

Ah...well then OP you have a lesson to learn from this. You have to be aware and hold your own, if you expect everyone else to call everything out for you....then there's a phrase for that; getting carried
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/31/2012 09:49 AMPosted by Pyroballin

This is the part where he was told to play defensively: "i am in a polly with a blanket cc right after"

:P
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I just think he is a bad rouge TBH.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
LoS was mybad, but healers should call out defensive CD, who knows if you can get ur teammates up , its abd to overlap defensive cds with healing cds .
Reply Quote
12/31/2012 02:09 PMPosted by Totemz
LoS was mybad, but healers should call out defensive CD, who knows if you can get ur teammates up , its abd to overlap defensive cds with healing cds .

If what the above poster stated is true, there would have been no cd overlap as he was cced. If you can't hear "I am locked down" and know you need to use personal cds then you should probably not pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
If i am about to die i block ---> snap then the healer gets me back up without using CD's
As a rogue if you cloak to get a kill and you dont get the kill and they see your a Sstep with a cloak down they will focus you....
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
My healer just told me I was LoS at the same time I died, didnt hear him being CC'd, iunno i might be deaf haha :P

nd yes man ! you are able to cloak to get the kill, esp if your playing a comp that involves a good opener.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
He LOS his healer and didn't use cloak of shadows?

GG.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This really has nothing to do with pvp/pve but basic game playing standards.

It's not a healer's job to tell a tank or dps what to use or when to use it. Nor would the reverse be true.

It is a healer's job to tell you when they cannot heal you (due to CC, stun, silence, OOR, LOS, etc). It the dps's/tank's job to react accordingly to that information.

Same would apply in reverse for any role, regardless of pvp/pve. If the tank is losing agro, they should call that out so the priest can fade, rogue could vanish, mage ice block, so on.

If a dps can't dps anymore or CC anymore, they should call that out, so the tank could pick adds up, or someone can take you out of Amber, etc.

This applies loosely less in 25 man raids because people may be spamming up the chat/vent channels constantly, but the core idea remains the same.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]