Has a GM ever been rude to you?

(Locked)

44 Orc Warrior
Has a GM ever been rude to you and if so can you report them?
Edited by Workwork on 1/1/2013 11:06 PM PST
65 Pandaren Hunter
Uhm, no. They haven't.
Dumb topic.
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
No, never.

You can't report them per se, but you can send feedback (positive or negative) to:

WoWGMFeedback-US@Blizzard.com
44 Orc Warrior
Ok ty snowfox and Allkron one was rude to me and what's dumb is you replying if you really believe the topic is dumb.
90 Draenei Paladin
I've never experienced it myself, but I find it a bit hard to believe that they would just randomly be rude to you. Perhaps you egged him on somehow with the wording of your question, or maybe you misread what was said?
44 Orc Warrior
I didn't say it was random I wrote a ticket but that's not the point if you believe me or not that's on you.
Btw I didn't egg him on and I can read just fine ty.
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Yes, they're generally (from what I've seen) rude people, like everyone who works in gaming, though less so than programmers.

No you cannot report them. Even if you could, what purpose would it serve? You're not going to get them fired or anything.
90 Draenei Death Knight
Depends they are people to and can get ticked off. If your trolling a GM don't be superised if he/she fights back in some way.
44 Orc Warrior
lol I would never want to get anyone fired its just I been playing this game for years and this was the first time.

And as for a purpose it would make me feel better lol and maybe help stop that person from
making it a habit of being rude to customers.
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
In fairness though, I hear players level accusations of "rudeness" to gm's, mvp's, blues, gc... basically everybody that some might frame as "the man keeping them down" I've also seen first hand the effect where people demand something, and when they are told they won't get it - they call the person rude. That may not be the case here.

At any rate though, you got the info, there's no need to go any further in this thread.

Spend the energy on the feedback instead.
90 Human Paladin
I remember just one time I had a bad run in with a CM. I had been banned from the forums and had emailed a petition about it and had it unlocked. I think it was due to a heated argument that got out of hand.

One of the things I had mentioned about the ban that it was kind of for no reason considering the discussion that was had.

When I started posting on the forums again, being careful this time around, I found that I was banned.

The excuse - 'No Reason'.
90 Tauren Druid
No, never.

You can't report them per se, but you can send feedback (positive or negative) to:

I think the Positive feedback is an important part too that people overlook. Bosses like to know when their employees are doing their job properly, and how good they are at helping their customers.
90 Troll Death Knight
No, never.

I thought this email was disabled. As far as I know, now the only way to give feedback about a GM is to fill out a survey.

And to answer the OP, I've spoken with many GMs over the years, and only once did one act rather condescending towards me.
90 Draenei Death Knight
Absolutely NEVER.... but then i am always polite... Politeness goes a helluva a long way when dealing with people... I was a moderator and a GM on another game... I have always found politeness and respect works...even though you would love to strangle some posters and players....I find being polite sometimes calms flamers down...those that you cant deal with...just leave them be to rant
To be a GM is not an easy job... and I think the WoW GMs do a very good job....and no I am not a wow fanboy/girl...I just know by experience what a thankless job it can be.......
To the GMs of Wow a huge hug from me
90 Pandaren Shaman
Never had problems with in game GM's, they have these weird RP things they do sometimes before talking to me, but that's cool, I dig. Anyway, if you have a problem send feedback, not sure what good it'll do ya though.
90 Draenei Shaman
The best way to make a complaint is actually a written complaint, posted to blizzard. people do not usually go that far so it does capture attention and a REAL person has to open it and read it at least.

BTW putting a ticket in I have found, for other reasons, just get me a auto response. you said you wrote a ticket, so are you saying the ticket response was rude? If that is the case, that is their silly auto response for you. I sent in a ticket once and you could tell it was not read by a human being by the response I got.

I didn't say it was random I wrote a ticket but that's not the point if you believe me or not that's on you.

but you do sound like a guy who gets defensive real easy. Having work in customer service myself, occasionally there are customers, no matter what you say, try to do the right thing..take things the wrong way.
90 Pandaren Monk

Somehow I suspect you are one of those people that sees not getting what you want as rude.
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
No, never.

I thought this email was disabled. As far as I know, now the only way to give feedback about a GM is to fill out a survey.

And to answer the OP, I've spoken with many GMs over the years, and only once did one act rather condescending towards me.

Is it? Just the survey now?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]