Has a GM ever been rude to you?

(Locked)

90 Draenei Death Knight
01/01/2013 11:47 PMPosted by Thunder
Never had problems with in game GM's, they have these weird RP things they do sometimes before talking to me, but that's cool, I dig. Anyway, if you have a problem send feedback, not sure what good it'll do ya though.

Nothing wrong with a little RP... can lighten an otherwise stressful situation
90 Human Death Knight
definetely bro they are out to get chu
90 Pandaren Monk
01/01/2013 11:55 PMPosted by Wyldefyre
Never had problems with in game GM's, they have these weird RP things they do sometimes before talking to me, but that's cool, I dig. Anyway, if you have a problem send feedback, not sure what good it'll do ya though.

Although now that I think about it I bet there are people out there that would think the RP thing is "rude". You know like people that are way too invested in whatever issue they filed the ticket for and so when the GM does the RP thing they are thinking that they are making light of their situation or not taking them seriously enough.
90 Draenei Death Knight
Depends they are people to and can get ticked off. If your trolling a GM don't be superised if he/she fights back in some way.

While I can appreciate that human nature is what it is, if someone did "fight back" then that unprofessionalism should be weeded out. I mean I'm fully aware of the fact that players are often horrible, but they are still paying customers and deserve professionalism.

We players follow the Code of Conduct, and are punished when we breach it. Is it really so wrong to ask the people tasked to uphold it to also follow it? Most of the time, across all the MMOs I've played from Everquest to CoH to ToR, and SWG, they do not appear to.

Nothing is quite as unprofessional as seeing a ticket replied to with words you'd expect from a Forum Troll. I've seen tickets in the past from other MMO companies * who's tickets read like this.

"Banned from forums. :)

Yeah. A smiley face was included. That is the epitome of trolling imho, and if Blizzard is wise they will make sure that their moderators do not abuse the power they are given. Player Trust once lost is not easily regained.

Be glad for what you have because it could be much, much worse. Look at ToR's Customer Service if you doubt it.

*- I'm not talking about any specific moderation action that occured on these forums, but just in general what I've seen in other places. It was a major turn off and a large part of why my guild left Paragon City / City of Heroes about seven years ago.

You don't necessarily have to fight back in a non professional manner so meh... There are ways they can fight back without being unprofessional.
Edited by Mælstromedes on 1/1/2013 11:59 PM PST
44 Orc Warrior
lol another GM told me what to do in game ty all for your replys.
100 Orc Warrior
01/01/2013 11:18 PMPosted by Seilow
I've never experienced it myself, but I find it a bit hard to believe that they would just randomly be rude to you. Perhaps you egged him on somehow with the wording of your question, or maybe you misread what was said?

Never had to contact one myself.

But to be honest, I don't really think your reading comprehension is that great, judging from how you type.
58 Worgen Death Knight
Just want to say.

1.Every ones job is stressfull if they were rude Big whoop.. not like they made a racial slur or cursed u out.

2. I see you wrote you don't want to get some one fired. You wouldn't. your opionon means crap to this Multi Million dollar company. So to think that you would get some one fired for rudeness is just SILLY.

3. After the ticket there is a Survey-Fill it out.
90 Draenei Death Knight
Kyriana, that's probably true... being an roleplayer on other MMO games I really never thought about those who aren't used to it...would be a bit of a shock
I stand corrected
90 Pandaren Shaman
01/01/2013 11:55 PMPosted by Wyldefyre

It wasn't really stressful though, just me asking them to free up a name (two names on two occasions). Which they did with no problems, very polite and quick and all that. I didn't mind just thought it rather amusing.
90 Pandaren Monk
01/01/2013 11:51 PMPosted by Nagralah
Depends they are people to and can get ticked off. If your trolling a GM don't be superised if he/she fights back in some way.

While I can appreciate that human nature is what it is, if someone did "fight back" then that unprofessionalism should be weeded out. I mean I'm fully aware of the fact that players are often horrible, but they are still paying customers and deserve professionalism.

We players follow the Code of Conduct, and are punished when we breach it. Is it really so wrong to ask the people tasked to uphold it to also follow it? Most of the time, across all the MMOs I've played from Everquest to CoH to ToR, and SWG, they do not appear to.

Nothing is quite as unprofessional as seeing a ticket replied to with words you'd expect from a Forum Troll. I've seen tickets in the past from other MMO companies * who's tickets read like this.

"Banned from forums. :)

Yeah. A smiley face was included. That is the epitome of trolling imho, and if Blizzard is wise they will make sure that their moderators do not abuse the power they are given. Player Trust once lost is not easily regained.

Be glad for what you have because it could be much, much worse. Look at ToR's Customer Service if you doubt it.

*- I'm not talking about any specific moderation action that occured on these forums, but just in general what I've seen in other places. It was a major turn off and a large part of why my guild left Paragon City / City of Heroes about seven years ago.

Are you new to the way Blizzard works? Because they have never had a problem with their employees giving as good as they get. They don't subscribe to the idea that the customer is always right or even that the costumer should always be treated with respect.

Which is one of the things I like about them.
100 Draenei Paladin
01/01/2013 11:59 PMPosted by Krigjer
But to be honest, I don't really think your reading comprehension is that great, judging from how you type.

It probably isn't right now. I'm not a very clear thinker this late into the night.
Community Manager
The appropriate place to submit feedback regarding the performance or concerns with a Game Master would be to reply to the survey that you receive after the ticket has received a reply.

01/01/2013 11:51 PMPosted by Nagralah

Speculative discussions on what may or may not have occured on non-World of Warcraft forums are outside the scope of this discussion. Nagralah, if you have a specific concern with regards to moderation action that have occured within the World of Warcraft forums, please forward them wowreportedpost@blizzard.com. Include the name of the Battle.net account that received the action along with a short summary of the concern.
Edited by Rygarius on 1/4/2013 12:56 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]