5.2 Best Range DPS Class? Top 5?

90 Human Death Knight
What is your prediction for the best range class in 5.2? I'm making this thread as help for myself, as i do not have MoP and i plan on coming back to the game and i have every class 85 i think. I was wondering if anyone could help me out and give me a top 5 of what YOU think is going to be the top 5 range DPS in 5.2 Thanks beforehand <3
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
Mage
Warlock
Druid
Priest
Hunter

not specifically in that order.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Mage
Warlock
Druid
Priest
Hunter

not specifically in that order.

If we are ONLY counting ranged, this is pretty accurate actually, put Mages in between lock and druid though.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I think Lightmane was trying to be diplomatic and say "They're all good, play whatever you want."

But, in the end, not diplomatic at all to the 6th ranged class. =(
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I think Lightmane was trying to be diplomatic and say "They're all good, play whatever you want."

Now I feel really, really bad that I forgot about Shaman :( I'm sorry :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
think Lightmane was trying to be diplomatic and say "They're all good, play whatever you want."

Hahaha! Sorry! This is both hilarious and very sad at the same time.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter

Now I feel really, really bad that I forgot about Shaman :( I'm sorry :(

No worries. Unless some major changes show up on the PTR some time soon, your omission was spot on. Shaman doesn't have a ranged dps spec right now.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Rex
elemental shaman are among the strongest ramged hybrid in 5.2 assuming tier bonuses stay roughly the same and that the blatantly broken mushroom damage gets fixed.

just the chain/beam changes alone are enormous, then throw in some very strong t15 bonuses and you're gravy.

also, as much as it sucks to not have raidwide stormlash damage included in your blue bar, the raid dps increases from having shaman in your raid is pretty significant.
Edited by Snaxattax on 1/29/2013 10:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
elemental shaman are among the strongest ramged hybrid in 5.2 assuming tier bonuses stay roughly the same and that the blatantly broken mushroom damage gets fixed.

just the chain/beam changes alone are enormous, then throw in some very strong t15 bonuses and you're gravy.

also, as much as it sucks to not have raidwide stormlash damage included in your blue bar, the raid dps increases from having shaman in your raid is pretty significant.

So.. what you are saying is elemental shaman are among the strongest in 5.2 among elemental shaman, Spriest and Moonkins. But they are worse off than Shadow Priest and unless mushroom damage changes they are worse off than Moonkins. Doesn't that make elemental shaman the worst of the hybrid dpsers which makes them them one of the worst ranged dpsers?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Mage
Every class can be as good as another when played to it's full potential. There is technically no class that is "better" than another.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
There is mathematically.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
01/30/2013 06:36 PMPosted by Entmoot
Every class can be as good as another when played to it's full potential. There is technically no class that is "better" than another.

Wrong.
Reply Quote

The Chain Lightning/Lava Beam changes are nice, but Elemental already has beastly AoE/cleave, I'm kind of baffled why they decided to buff that, of all things. A buff to single target would be nice. Elemental is amazing with all of its cooldowns popped (Ascendance is fantastic), but the rest of the time, it's lackluster. This is especially a problem when Elemental has absolutely no execute. In order to compete with the specs that have them (which are most of them), Elemental has to do above average dps for the first ~80% of a fight, but that's not the case.

Stormlash is a nice buff, but it can also easily be brought by Resto or Enhancement Shaman.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage

Play an Elemental Shaman.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman

Did you come to this conclusion because an elemental shaman did the same dps as you? If so, I hate to break it to you...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
What is your prediction for the best range class in 5.2? I'm making this thread as help for myself, as i do not have MoP and i plan on coming back to the game and i have every class 85 i think. I was wondering if anyone could help me out and give me a top 5 of what YOU think is going to be the top 5 range DPS in 5.2 Thanks beforehand <3

Based on my observations for MoP thus far, my predictions are:

Best 5.2 tanking class: any 5.1 caster
Best 5.2 dps class: any 5.1 healer
Best 5.2 healing class: any 5.1 tank
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Ele shaman single target damage wont change much come 5.2, they buffed our aoe which was perfectly fine before instead of adjusting our actual problem area. Ascendance is great and for the first 30 seconds of the fight my dps is on par with the other classes, but our sustained damage is lackluster and that number just drops as the fight goes on.

Not very many fights where chain/beam can be used.
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Hunter
Holy Priest is the top ranged DPS.

I am not trolling or joking.

Wait, so holies are viable as dps now?

Christ, I abandoned my holy priest ages ago because i was tired of eating !@#$ in pve. Or rather, I was surviving for a really long time, but not doing any meaningful damage.

I'm tempted to dust her off once more.
Edited by Tulyn on 2/1/2013 3:06 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]