EMERGENCY!!!! in game pst about suicide

(Locked)

People who joke about suicide should have the cops called on them
People who aren't joking should have the cops called on them.

I really don't see what you would gain by NOT calling the police, except being smug that you know the internet hipsters didn't fool you again.

Fine call the cops, I hope it's for real.. but every time someone cries wolf every person in a forum doesn't need to come to their aid it only takes 1.

It might be true as far as just a thing for attention but try not to be such a douche who parents did not love you ok? Hoping it is real is kinda messed up. I hope you never breed :/
Edited by Fînn on 1/2/2013 2:05 PM PST
90 Worgen Druid
Pretty sure the police have better things to deal with than some snot nosed, selfish kid wanting to off himself. It's a free country.
90 Tauren Druid

I really don't see what you would gain by NOT calling the police, except being smug about how you weren't fooled by those damn internet hipsters and their suicide pranks.

exactly.
Edited by Pachewychomp on 1/2/2013 2:05 PM PST
2 Gnome Warrior

I really don't see what you would gain by NOT calling the police, except being smug that you know the internet hipsters didn't fool you again.

Fine call the cops, I hope it's for real.. but every time someone cries wolf every person in a forum doesn't need to come to their aid it only takes 1.

You sound like a complete B.

I don't think you mean to but this is a serious thing, many people use World of Warcraft as an outlet to their emotions and problems and the fact he made such a statement, and I would believe the OP has reason to believe this could be true, then the Police should be called and contacted just in case.

Edit: Also please Edit out the "I hope it's for real" thing, thats a little messed up.
Edited by Haaely on 1/2/2013 2:06 PM PST
80 Pandaren Mage
01/02/2013 01:58 PMPosted by Appi
Please have a GM contact me immediately, I am on shamwownow on senjin, dranei shammy, someone just pst a guildie of mine, said they were going to kill themselves, and then logged off

First this isn't a suicide hot line.

Second if we had to find every person that "said" they were going to kill themselves, we would be here ALL day.

Third, this has happened before (many times) not just WoW. People LIKE to bring attention to themselves, it doesn't mean they will ACTUALLY do it... because someone like you was concerned they tried to help, only to find out it was ALL a cruel joke

They can pick up the phone just as easily to CALL someone for help.. they wouldn't whisper you..

So bottom line is, we can't assume everyone is telling the truth, so it's not an "emergency"... If they REALLY want to commit suicide, they would have done it ALREADY they wouldn't send a text before hand...

Or here is another thought.. we are taking your word... maybe YOU took it out of context.. People use phrases like "I am going to kill you" or "I am going to kill myself"... It's a GAME duh, you sure they didn't mean.. their TOON?!?

There could be MANY ways this can be construed not just IRL.

Youre retarded. Flat out retarded. Any sort of physical harm threat, to oneself or against others, has to be treated seriously.
90 Undead Warrior
01/02/2013 02:02 PMPosted by Appi

I certainly hope that no one you know ever threatens to or discusses killing themselves.
100 Tauren Druid
01/02/2013 02:06 PMPosted by Pandamonïum
Any sort of physical harm threat, to oneself or against others, has to be treated seriously.

Especially in this day and age, where madness is just...everywhere
90 Pandaren Monk
01/02/2013 02:03 PMPosted by Lelliana

First this isn't a suicide hot line.

Second if we had to find every person that "said" they were going to kill themselves, we would be here ALL day.

Third, this has happened before (many times) not just WoW. People LIKE to bring attention to themselves, it doesn't mean they will ACTUALLY do it... because someone like you was concerned they tried to help, only to find out it was ALL a cruel joke

They can pick up the phone just as easily to CALL someone for help.. they wouldn't whisper you..

So bottom line is, we can't assume everyone is telling the truth, so it's not an "emergency"... If they REALLY want to commit suicide, they would have done it ALREADY they wouldn't send a text before hand...

Or here is another thought.. we are taking your word... maybe YOU took it out of context.. People use phrases like "I am going to kill you" or "I am going to kill myself"... It's a GAME duh, you sure they didn't mean.. their TOON?!?

There could be MANY ways this can be construed not just IRL.

A plea for help is usually consistent with people who take their lives. And blizzard takes it very seriously so take your tinfoil hat and go elsewhere.

If someone is found to be a threat (even a POTENTIAL threat) to themselves, it is a mandatory 24 hour hospital stay and psych evaluation by the way.

While I generally consider suicide someone right if they want to do it, if they tell people about it beforehand it is more a cry for help than being something they actually want to do. That is not to say that they wouldn't still go through with it if someone doesn't stop them and give them that help.
90 Human Mage
Take life threats seriously it's a life and death situation. I wouldn't risk that it's a joke. People's lives are not a joke.
90 Troll Priest
Coming to the forums is thw WORST thing you can do, as seen by a couple of "can i haz thweir stuff" "caops have better things to do" comments.

You can either call, or put in a ticket that has the word suicide. i think that word gets blasted to the very top of the ticket queues because of the immediate seriousness.
1 Human Priest
01/02/2013 02:05 PMPosted by Hugetrunk
Pretty sure the police have better things to deal with than some snot nosed, selfish kid wanting to off himself. It's a free country.
Yeah, right now they are drinking beer and watching that stupid "sport" you guys call American football.
90 Troll Priest

A plea for help is usually consistent with people who take their lives. And blizzard takes it very seriously so take your tinfoil hat and go elsewhere.

If someone is found to be a threat (even a POTENTIAL threat) to themselves, it is a mandatory 24 hour hospital stay and psych evaluation by the way.

While I generally consider suicide someone right if they want to do it, if they tell people about it beforehand it is more a cry for help than being something they actually want to do. That is not to say that they wouldn't still go through with it if someone doesn't stop them and give them that help.

It is a cry for help. However, if that cry isnt heard or ignored then a good amount of people take the next step and go full out.
1 Troll Warrior
Someone just "Please Send Tell" a guildie of yours? what?
90 Pandaren Monk

It is a cry for help. However, if that cry isnt heard or ignored then a good amount of people take the next step and go full out.

That was what I was saying. Anyone who has really decided to commit suicide and doesn't want anyone to stop them wont tell you they are going to do it. If they do tell you then at least part of them wants you to stop them.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]