EMERGENCY!!!! in game pst about suicide

(Locked)

90 Pandaren Monk
Anyways according to

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2016083724

Suicide should be reported as a Real-Life threat.
90 Night Elf Druid
@Appi
You sure seem to know a whole lot about this person who has claimed that they're going to take their own life based on so little. As someone who lives with someone that thinks about killing themselves on a daily basis, it makes me sick to think that there are people like you that would simply shrug off a cry for help. Sometimes all it takes is simply talking to someone, to let them know that someone is there and cares for them.
89 Night Elf Death Knight
OP, have you asked the person that received this whisper to right click on it and use the options that come up to tag it as a problem? Considering response times to things like this are important, and it sounds like you're doing all that you can, good luck.
90 Troll Priest

It is a cry for help. However, if that cry isnt heard or ignored then a good amount of people take the next step and go full out.

That was what I was saying. Anyone who has really decided to commit suicide and doesn't want anyone to stop them wont tell you they are going to do it. If they do tell you then at least part of them wants you to stop them.

Sorry. Might have msiread it. Kind of personal for me.
90 Pandaren Monk
01/02/2013 02:12 PMPosted by Erras
If someone wants to off themselves... let them do it in peace.

If someone really wanted to do it they wouldn't tell someone about it first.
81 Blood Elf Death Knight

First this isn't a suicide hot line.

Second if we had to find every person that "said" they were going to kill themselves, we would be here ALL day.

Third, this has happened before (many times) not just WoW. People LIKE to bring attention to themselves, it doesn't mean they will ACTUALLY do it... because someone like you was concerned they tried to help, only to find out it was ALL a cruel joke

They can pick up the phone just as easily to CALL someone for help.. they wouldn't whisper you..

So bottom line is, we can't assume everyone is telling the truth, so it's not an "emergency"... If they REALLY want to commit suicide, they would have done it ALREADY they wouldn't send a text before hand...

Or here is another thought.. we are taking your word... maybe YOU took it out of context.. People use phrases like "I am going to kill you" or "I am going to kill myself"... It's a GAME duh, you sure they didn't mean.. their TOON?!?

There could be MANY ways this can be construed not just IRL.

Youre retarded. Flat out retarded. Any sort of physical harm threat, to oneself or against others, has to be treated seriously.

And what if the person who said it was actually saying it in a way that wasnt actually meant to be taken literally. And now somone see's it and thinks it was meant literally.

Cant blame anyone for thinking that its not a big deal.

Attention. Its all people are looking for. Good or Bad.
Edited by Aydorae on 1/2/2013 2:20 PM PST
90 Tauren Druid
can i have their stuff?

lol'd. give it a rest you internet super hero's. he's either dead or he's eating some cheese cake right now.

Blah blah blah, insert something about posting on your worgen druid here
Edited by Yzzami on 1/2/2013 2:21 PM PST
90 Troll Priest

Youre retarded. Flat out retarded. Any sort of physical harm threat, to oneself or against others, has to be treated seriously.

And what if the person who said it was actually saying it in a way that wasnt actually meant to be taken literally. And now somone see's it and thinks it was meant literally.

well the it was the original person's fault for being an idiot and thinking this was some funny joke not meant to be taken seriously.
90 Undead Warlock
01/02/2013 02:17 PMPosted by Kyriana
If someone wants to off themselves... let them do it in peace.

Because emotionally unstable people never commit actions that they later regret, and every human is 100% sure about every decision they make, ever.
90 Pandaren Monk

Cant blame anyone for thinking that its not a big deal.

Attention. Its all people are looking for. Good or Bad.

The difference is in how someone says it.

If someone misses out on loot and says "OMG I am just going to kill myself now" that is a fairly normal response and not to be taken seriously.

However if someone tells you they are gonna kill themselves then immediately logs out and doesn't come back it is better to take that seriously.
81 Blood Elf Death Knight

well the it was the original person's fault for being an idiot and thinking this was some funny joke not meant to be taken seriously.

You and many others in here are way to sensative to this. Claiming one is going to kill themself after wiping a raid, or 5 man, or accidently disclosing embarrasing secret to your guild when it was meant for a whisper happens ALL THE TIME. Theres alot of people are completely desensatized to it.
89 Night Elf Death Knight

You and many others in here are way to sensative to this. Claiming one is going to kill themself after wiping a raid, or 5 man, or accidently disclosing embarrasing secret to your guild when it was meant for a whisper happens ALL THE TIME. Theres alot of people are completely desensatized to it.

Context was not provided.

As such, those replying are required by law to read into this that someone is going to take their own life. As this thought is not considered lawful, and should be taken as a threat against the person, made by said person, how are we jumping to conclusions when there was no reason provided as to why this whisper was sent to the OP's guild mate?
90 Tauren Druid

While it is true it could be false. If maybe it was a joke someone was saying after doing something really silly then logging off not realizing it. Or maybe it was a troll. But still better off safe than sorry
90 Pandaren Monk
01/02/2013 02:23 PMPosted by Captnronn

Because emotionally unstable people never commit actions that they later regret, and every human is 100% sure about every decision they make, ever.

Again I think you are misunderstanding. I am not saying that they won't do it because they told you but rather than when they tell you they are going to do it part of them is hoping that you will stop them.
85 Goblin Warrior
I have a very strong feeling this thread is going to go downhill very fast unfortunately.
90 Troll Priest

I may be sensitive because ive been in a situation where i was calling for help but no one answered so i took a drastic step. So i know a bit more about it than most people. And by calling for help, i mean "Can i talk to you about something? "nope Im busy" repeat x5

and I understand the sentiment. Ive used it a few time smyself out of frustration, but i think the OPs statement leads to a more serious interpretation.
Edited by Kelanas on 1/2/2013 2:29 PM PST
90 Undead Warrior
the problem with suicide nowadays, these morons tend to aim the gun at a few others first and then themselves.
90 Human Mage

It's not a risk many people are willing to take and finding out the guy did take his own life...would be a horrible burden.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]