Tailoring and 5.2

96 Human Paladin
the problem with the "how long it takes to farm spirits" thing is that its different for everyone as well. If theres 1 person just planting song bells on his farm he spends only a few minutes to get his vs a guy killing mobs spends a lot of time.

Again though, opportunity cost. You can only plant and harvest so many crops every 24 hours. You can farm as much as you can tolerate.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
01/10/2013 07:09 PMPosted by Zachfu
So the only metric for them is what else you can do with them, which if you arent a leatherworking/tailor/BS then they arnt worth all that much, maybe 100-200g each.

Take tailor out of that list and add Scribe.

Spirits haven't been worth more than 100-200g this entire expansion at least as tailoring mats past the first week or two. They were worth more than 200g each at times exchanged as Golden Lotus though.

As of my last check these were the rough value of Spirits of Harmony if used for tailoring on my server.

150g exchanged for Golden Lotus (still sell for 75g each on SwC as of this past weekend)
133g made into spellthreads (400g each, takes 3 SoH)
200g made into Spelltwister's robe (3600g each, takes 18 SoH)
200g made into Spelltwister's gloves (2400g each, takes 12 SoH)
165g made into Royal satchel. (sold at 6000g each, takes 36 SoH)

That's just the spirit value and assumes the value of the raw cloth is zero.

I should probably mention 3 things

1. My best bet would probably be to make and sell the robes or gloves but those prices are a bit volatile.

2. On my server anyway using the Spirits to make Royal Satchels has always been almost the worst possible use for them. At selling for 6k making them with Imperial Silk from daily cooldowns about 5k profit, making them with spirits about a 2k loss (value of cloth+ sprirts = ~8K according to Undermine journal for SwC)

3. It's only been in the last 2 weeks it was worth doing anything with Spirits as a Tailor other than trading them for Golden Lotus at least on this server, as it is it's probably only just now break even.
Edited by Sharmarli on 1/11/2013 7:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
99 Blood Elf Warlock
It seems we'll learn recipes through discovery when doing Imperial Silk.
I hope we can learn all recipes this way instead of only mop recipes.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock

If it affects all recipes, I wonder if it's going to include ones removed from the game or more importantly theoretically in game but no longer drop. Maybe I should unload my Cindercloth vest/glove patterns before they become available this way.
Edited by Sharmarli on 1/11/2013 7:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
01/10/2013 05:21 PMPosted by Brudarek
For the kind of people considering 28 slot bags, no price is too high. I could barely play my main until I bought 9 of them. That's 18 extra slots, which is huge when all you have free is the 16 slot backpack after you mail off everything that isn't soulbound.

You represent a minority. A very insignificant minority. Anyone who needs 9x 28-slot bags is likely to vendor and delete crap before dropping 100k on 9 bags.

Since at least WotLK, the drop rate on crap has dropped significantly. I can chain run dungeons all day long in Mists and not fill my original 16-slot bag. I only need a 20-slotter (really only 18) for each extra set of gear I carry, and with only two specs, I am normally only carrying 1 extra.

And keep in mind that the wow economy is like the real economy, 95% of your servers wealth is concentrated among 1% of the players. I gave out 20k gold to each of my friends last time I was planning to quit, and it was more gold then they ever had.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
From datamining there seems to be 4 new pieces available to Tailors. 2 head and 2 boot pieces. Probably just like previous ones 1 for each spec of healing and dps.

They seemed to be using the new crafted mat most likely from raiding.

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/94289-haunting-spirit
Reply Quote
96 Human Paladin
You represent a minority. A very insignificant minority. Anyone who needs 9x 28-slot bags is likely to vendor and delete crap before dropping 100k on 9 bags.

The opposite actually, anyone who NEEDS 9x 28 slot bags needs it because they don't vendor old stuff :P Souldbound stuff that is, as in xmog gear and other trophies/relics from the past. No one should be complaining about BoE/non-bound items clogging up their storage, that's what alts are for.
Edited by Brudarek on 1/11/2013 2:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
96 Human Paladin

Hopefully not. Would destroy the collector part of the game and lose a lot of players a lot of gold. Non-collector's don't care about old recipes anyways.

My tailor discovered Crafted Dreadful Gladiator's Silk Hood, so I'm guessing it's just new 5.2 recipes? Or just MoP recipes. Based on my excellent sample size of 1.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=93556
Edited by Brudarek on 1/11/2013 2:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
People will always sell items on the AH below "market value" as long as they're undercutting the lowest price. It's not smart, but there's nothing you can do about it.
The fact is, if people are selling the bags for 5k, as they are on my server, you'll never get more than that.
I'm not going to try to sell my Royal Satchels for 12k because that's what I think is a fair price when there are five other people selling them for half that.
small profit > no profit
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
I've never viewed the Royal Sachels as a major moneymaker but more of a convenience thing - a free way to increase my toons bag space with mats I have anyway. Room in your bags and bank becomes an issue when you've had a toon for years and have a lot of soulbound items you don't want to get rid of, so the bag is more about convenience and not having to sell all the cloth to essentially buy it back in the form of a Royal Sachel like non-tailors do.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
How about some non-gear things we can make, eh?

I'm still waiting on a Windwool Carpet and Windwool Nets. Those have both been tailoring staples since BC, but they've been been given a miss this time around it seems... I'm getting itchy sitting on so many stacks of Windwool & Imperial Silk...
Reply Quote
95 Pandaren Shaman
It looks like there will only be a couple new recipes added with the patch and then the mats will require raiding, aka orbs, shards, etc

So for us non raiding tailors the recipes will go mostly unused until they allow the mats to be sold, which happens usually about midway through an expansion when the crafted items are worthless to make.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
01/10/2013 04:33 PMPosted by Brudarek
It takes 1 week of time to make it that way, 1 week is worth hundreds of thousands of gold, which is of course an unreasonable measure.
This is kind of true, but you also have to consider what other outlets there are for silk. Spellthread will get a nice bump in demand soon, but 476 and 496 gear is going to be increasingly hard to sell for a profit.

I would not base Silk prices on SOH value when there are a lot of tailors sitting on a pile of cloth that's difficult to sell.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
01/05/2013 12:23 AMPosted by Brudarek
People are making profit on royal satchel's? Crazy they're 7k here, practically giving them away.

So 7k for something you can make for virtually free, is a give-away program? Strange way to look at your profit margin.

There are new people running around other forums at 90 with <1k to their name and can't afford flying. 7k would be a fortune to them.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
It looks like there will only be a couple new recipes added with the patch and then the mats will require raiding, aka orbs, shards, etc

So for us non raiding tailors the recipes will go mostly unused until they allow the mats to be sold, which happens usually about midway through an expansion when the crafted items are worthless to make.

Sounds about right then.

Time to blow my silk on bags then. I use them, not sell them. I was hoping I'd be able to actually get new tailored stuff my priest can get and use, but since Blood Spirits weren't available in raid finder, I doubt the new ones will be either, meaning unless I want to pay 2-3k + each raid item for a crafted piece I can get an equivalent for another way, it's not worth it.

Crafting used to be for the people that didn't raid.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]