Best PvP Class Post 5.2

90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/23/2012 04:46 PMPosted by Zeroizer
You mean call out what's ruining something that I enjoy? I will every single time, thanks.

Wow PvP is all about playing FotM. It's great if you don't do that (neither do I as a matter of fact), but it's hard to blame someone for not wanting to play an undertuned class/spec. For example, in the current patch a warrior player enjoys a higher chance of success in competitive PvP than a somewhat more skilled rogue player. It can be highly frustrating losing to someone you know you should beat.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
5.1 : Warriors, Hunters and SPriests

5.2 : Warriors, Hunters and SPriests

I don't see much changing Rogues will have much more viability now with prep baselined, but Rogue still suffer from squishyness and needing up time on there target, with weak healing capability.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
12/24/2012 07:33 AMPosted by Hafleur
You mean call out what's ruining something that I enjoy? I will every single time, thanks.

Wow PvP is all about playing FotM. It's great if you don't do that (neither do I as a matter of fact), but it's hard to blame someone for not wanting to play an undertuned class/spec. For example, in the current patch a warrior player enjoys a higher chance of success in competitive PvP than a somewhat more skilled rogue player. It can be highly frustrating losing to someone you know you should beat.

That doesn't change the fact that FotM rerollers are something that's wrong with this game. I played this warrior since day one. The only time I switched was when my guild needed a heroism for raids and I hated it. I only pvp on this character, even last season when warriors were "subpar" I still did very well. Maybe instead of crying and being FotM rerollers, he should try getting better with one class. Even people that still play rogue defend them because rogues aren't as bad as they are put out to be, it's mostly the FotM rerollers that are crying about how bad rogues are.
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Rogue
12/24/2012 08:51 AMPosted by Zeroizer
rogues aren't as bad as they are put out to be, it's mostly the FotM rerollers that are crying about how bad rogues are.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
-There is nothing wrong when someone posts asking the experienced pvp community what's currently looking to be the strongest class.

-The hipsters who pride themselves on not playing "FoTM" need to give themselves a big pat on the back because well...nobody else really cares that they are maladaptive trolls in desperate need of attention.

-When intelligent players are good enough to interpret the consequences of the patch notes for the rest of us it gives newer players a good place to start.

-It is important to understand that Blizzard's incessant and poorly documented hotfixes quickly amount to the same over-all pvp potential success a given class can reach during the season.

-Since no ones really knows exactly how or why Blizzard decides implement the changes they do -- there is some logic to sticking with the toons you have the most gear on and best understand their given class mechanics.
Edited by Jabberwøck on 12/24/2012 10:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
12/24/2012 10:01 AMPosted by Jabberwøck
-There is nothing wrong when someone posts asking the experienced pvp community what's currently looking to be the strongest class.

Yes there is, they are wanting to be carried by the class, not by their ability to play a class.

-The hipsters who pride themselves on not playing "FoTM" need to give themselves a big pat on the back because well...nobody else really cares that they are maladaptive trolls in desperate need of attention.

I would hardly call that "hipster." More like "Pride that I'm not a FotM rerolling scrub." Ask around, almost anyone will hold a person that doesn't reroll a FotM class every season in higher regard as opposed to someone that does.

-When intelligent players are good enough to interpret the consequences of the patch notes for the rest of us it gives newer players a good place to start.

Yes, a place to start so they can get carried by the class.

-It is important to understand that Blizzard's incessant and poorly documented hotfixes quickly amount to the same over-all pvp potential success a given class can reach during the season.

Yes, this is somewhat true. But players that can play a class to it's full potential can always achieve high success with their class, if they choose to.

-Since no ones really knows exactly how or why Blizzard decides implement the changes they do -- there is some logic to sticking with the toons you have the most gear on and best understand their given class mechanics.

I agree with this.

If only this game could ever be balanced. More people would play what they enjoy, rather than just play what is the strongest class. :<
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/24/2012 08:51 AMPosted by Zeroizer
Even people that still play rogue defend them because rogues aren't as bad as they are put out to be, it's mostly the FotM rerollers that are crying about how bad rogues are.

Rogues actually are quite a bit worse than the top of the line damage-dealers. That said, rogues are getting buffed a little too much considering the major nerfs to other classes/specs.
Edited by Hafleur on 12/24/2012 11:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
12/24/2012 11:22 AMPosted by Hafleur
Even people that still play rogue defend them because rogues aren't as bad as they are put out to be, it's mostly the FotM rerollers that are crying about how bad rogues are.

Rogues actually are quite a bit worse than the top of the line damage-dealers. That said, rogues are getting buffed a little too much considering the major nerfs to other classes/specs.

Yes, their damage isn't up to par, but their control is still AMAZING.
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Paladin

wow.... take the game more seriously you nerd

So you are mad because he "ruins" (a bit of hyperbole really) the game that you play, the way you want it to be played, so you post something terrible towards him for wanting to play the game how he wants to play it, in the hopes he will play the game the way you wish him to play it, instead of how he wants to play it.

Ironic.

Edit- @OP: stick with warlock, strong now, will be strong after 5.2
Edited by Cathom on 12/24/2012 11:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior

So you are mad because he "ruins" (a bit of hyperbole really) the game that you play, the way you want it to be played, so you post something terrible towards him for wanting to play the game how he wants to play it, in the hopes he will play the game the way you wish him to play it, instead of how he wants to play it.

Ironic.

You mean I think he should play the game in a way that's not douchey? Yes, yes I do.
But yes, he can play as he wishes. Will I call him out for doing something that is douchey? Yes, yes I will. Try harder, Numz.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
I agree, FOTM rerolls destroy this game. Something special happens on one class then next thing you know theres a 500% increase in that class. So alarms go off at Blizzard and they start nerfing FOR NO REASON. Only because of a huge surge.

Now if people would stick to 1-3 classes (EVEN IN BAD TIMES) then the data they get would be more accurate.
Edited by Locruid on 12/24/2012 12:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Paladin

Ironic.

You mean I think he should play the game in a way that's not douchey? Yes, yes I do.
But yes, he can play as he wishes. Will I call him out for doing something that is douchey? Yes, yes I will. Try harder, Numz.

Who are you to say what is and what is not "douchey." Although it is apparent you do have a firm grasp on that kind of behavior.

Still ironic.

gg on getting the browser plugin to show alt's mains who no longer exist.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior

Who are you to say what is and what is not "douchey." Although it is apparent you do have a firm grasp on that kind of behavior.

Still ironic.

gg on getting the browser plugin to show alt's mains who no longer exist.

When the overwhelming majority of the community that plays this game feels it's douchey, I'm fairly certain it is. So it's not just me, it's many, many, MANY people (the majority) who feel this way.

And yes, I know that character doesn't exist, but since that's the highest lvl character that you had that I know of, I'll call you by that name, Numz. (plus I kind of like it)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You guys are all on Zero because he hates FOTM rerollers with a burning passion, when the real issue is that he wished OP would get hit by a car just because he wants to know how different classes are shaping up in PVP next patch

Christ man, this is a game. Calm the heck down and think before you want someone injured because of something they post on a forum.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
You guys are all on Zero because he hates FOTM rerollers with a burning passion, when the real issue is that he wished OP would get hit by a car just because he wants to know how different classes are shaping up in PVP next patch

Christ man, this is a game. Calm the heck down and think before you want someone injured because of something they post on a forum.

Actually that's not what he wants. He wants to know what class is going to dominate so he can roll that class instead of just playing the already good class he has. Or heck, even roll a class he *gasp* enjoys the mechanics of!
Edited by Zeroizer on 12/24/2012 12:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Rogue
Warrior
Hunter
Shadowpriest

Warrior because they're dmg remains untouched (buffed...lol wut?) and the increase of CD on shockwave is negligable as all you need to do is catch someone in a 4 second stun (regardless of the cd of said stun) and down it goes.

Hunter because they're dmg is really asinine if you can't control their pet 100% of the time. And their dmg is even being buffed next patch.

Shadowpriest because well....sh!t idk, but the developers said they had reason to suspect they'd become OP in 5.2 so I'll just assume that's correct xD
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
get out of here
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
You can never go wrong with mages. 100 bucks says most of the mage nerfs wont make it pass ptr.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
12/24/2012 11:15 AMPosted by Zeroizer

Yes there is, they are wanting to be carried by the class, not by their ability to play a class.

I would hardly call that "hipster." More like "Pride that I'm not a FotM rerolling scrub." Ask around, almost anyone will hold a person that doesn't reroll a FotM class every season in higher regard as opposed to someone that does.

Yes, a place to start so they can get carried by the class.

Yes, this is somewhat true. But players that can play a class to it's full potential can always achieve high success with their class, if they choose to.

I agree with this.

If only this game could ever be balanced. More people would play what they enjoy, rather than just play what is the strongest class. :<

^This.

If instead of getting a chance to talk on a forum with a developer, MAKE them play every class, and every spec out there in a BG at least once, and then watch them go cry in a bean bag chair while their eat burned cherry pop tarts and quit their job.

For having to pay 15$ a month, we sure are getting tortured.

This game seriously needs to go Free to Play soon, or suffer losing MORE of its player base to brighter happier games.
Reply Quote
feral kitty looks to be incredibly strong and fun I'm thinking about rolling an enchance for next toon prio looks very complex and quite interesting
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]