ret pally

Lol shaman ain't on there at all...
Reply Quote
35 Orc Warrior
Rogues are going to be beast....watch.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/23/2012 11:46 AMPosted by Taunque
Stay away from ferals in 5.2, since they will be pretty strong in all brackets and therefore the prime target for the next round of nerfs.

Aren't we already getting nerfed?
Reply Quote
66 Orc Shaman
enhance shamwow! their burst is sweet, and having an elemental and spirit wolves help you fight is so dank
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
i hope they nerf monks so that everyone does not roll a monk
Reply Quote
31 Human Paladin
spriest, hunter, maybe mage.

spriest are already really good and getting buffed. So is disc. Easiest class to swap between dps/healing too. Hunters have always been the safe bet though. They have never been majorly nerfed. Sure they have had them and a los issue, but always remain mid to top tier for PvP. Never roll a shaman.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Hunters have always been the safe bet though. They have never been majorly nerfed. Sure they have had them and a los issue, but always remain mid to top tier for PvP.

LoL u have some issues with being so final in your opinion. But hey, thanks for the good laugh.

"We have never been majorly nerfed"

-Said no Hunter ever
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Holy Priest
Enhance Shammy
Ret Pally

Best 3's team in 5.2? Me thinks yes.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Monk
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I'll assume this is for RBG's? In my opinion, this list will probably go something like this...

Tops in Range:

1. Frost Mage
2. Beast Master Hunter
3. Shadow Priests
4. Warlocks
5. Moonkin Druid
6. Elemental Shaman

Top in Melee:

1. Rogues
2. Death Knights (Frost)
3. Windwalker Monk
4. Warrior
5. Feral Druid
6. Retribution Paladin
7. Enhancement Shaman

Tops in Healing: (Toss up between 1 & 2 here)

1. Holy Paladin
2. Restoration Shaman
3. Mistweaver Monk
4. Restoration Druid
5. Discipline Priest
6. Holy Priest
Reply Quote
Honest question then, what is another mmorpg with better pvp than wow? I'd like to give it a try
Reply Quote
There isnt one Liter plain and simple. For a different flavor you can try something like League of Legends. I used to play it but to me its simply lane famring mobs until you get gear to kill other players, more of s strategy game.

OP I would stay away from Shaman for sure unless you want to heal. That class is very comp reliant and for the most part blows in 1v1 and 2v2 over the history of wow.

I also play a warrior, shaman and a priest. I am currenlty leveling up this hunter because the warrior nerfs will make BG's and RBGS very frustrating for the class and I doubt you will see them in high end play there. Shadow priest is getting burst nerfs as of today and they have a history of going form brilliant to rubbish overnight.

I have found that this hunter excels at more things all around in my experience:
-Great for pve (solo almost anything)
-Great at world pvp, 1v1 in open world I rarley lose
-Great at killing casters
-Great at BGS

Other than that Mage and Rogues have enjoyed a history of success in pvp and have a wide variety of comps. They also are frequently strong in later seasons..
Edited by Tamahawks on 1/30/2013 2:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
been asking the same question , the ptr shows rogues, mw,windwalkers, hunters, discs,and shadows to be strong

comp wise my prediction (rogue hunter disc) ---- mostly comps containing a priest/rogue/x
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Best in what? You'll be chasing your tail if you try to want the best in Arenas or rBGs, because the devs will keep nerfing the top of the totem pole every patch. It's basically a round-robin of being the overpowered fotm followed by a long period of relative weakness.

But since the devs are focusing on 3v3 balance, this means that some specs will be inherently stronger in 1v1 or 2v2 despite being average in higher brackets. THIS is the class you want to reroll to.

Stay away from ferals in 5.2, since they will be pretty strong in all brackets and therefore the prime target for the next round of nerfs.

Ferals get ruined in 5.2 actually.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Mage. Never in the history of WoW have mages been nerfed to the point they were unviable.
Edited by Esclamayshun on 1/31/2013 8:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
There is nothing wrong when someone posts asking the experienced pvp community what's currently looking to be the strongest class.

-The hipsters who pride themselves on not playing "FoTM" need to give themselves a big pat on the back because well...nobody else really cares that they are maladaptive trolls in desperate need of attention.

-When intelligent players are good enough to interpret the consequences of the patch notes for the rest of us it gives newer players a good place to start.

-It is important to understand that Blizzard's incessant and poorly documented hotfixes quickly amount to the same over-all pvp potential success a given class can reach during the season.

-Since no ones really knows exactly how or why Blizzard decides implement the changes they do -- there is some logic to sticking with the toons you have the most gear on and best understand their given class mechanics.

Well written.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]