Dayani's Delicious Desserts (Healer OT)

90 Night Elf Druid
01/05/2013 07:40 AMPosted by Morenn
We can't help that we're delicious...

Tauren. It's what's for dinner.

Once at the grocery store they had a sandwich, I thought it said "tauren". Turns out it was "tavern" but it still made me lol.
01/05/2013 09:38 AMPosted by Veroicone
Once at the grocery store they had a sandwich, I thought it said "tauren". Turns out it was "tavern" but it still made me lol.

I bet someone could make mad money if they teamed up with Blizzard and sold WoW-inspired food.

edit: I'd buy it.. not gonna lie.

edit edit Who wants next thread?
Edited by Morenn on 1/5/2013 9:49 AM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
There's a website where someone makes WoW inspired food! I want to try to make some stuff ...
90 Draenei Priest
I'd totally go to a WoW themed pub if there was one and it was even remotely local. I'd make sure to try the pupperverliobio.. err.. purpliberbli...
That wine with the long and funky name that starts with a P. I'd try it.
90 Pandaren Shaman
01/05/2013 08:25 AMPosted by Flintte

If you can kill the pillars as close together as possible, it will significantly cut down on your add issues. Also, it helps to have people mass root them (frost nova, entangling roots, etc) in a pile and AOE them down.

Yeah, we only had 1 or 2 attempts where we managed to kill the pillars really close together. We were actually having some issues where a couple of people were saying that they couldn't even see their assigned pillar, so we still had 1 or 2 at full health while the others were down. We ended up swapping pillar assignments and it worked better. It doesn't help that our dps consisted of 2 Shadow Priests, 3 Rogues, and a Death Knight, we're short on ranged. Hopefully tonight will go better, thanks for the advice.

The healers are still on the fence about 2 healing, they're thinking of having me heal again, but isn't 3 healing the fight a lot harder than 2 healing?

That not being able to see the pillars thing is a common bug. Have someone who can see the pillars target them and hit them once or twice and the other person should then be able to see it, or target it off their target of target with the player who's hitting it.
90 Night Elf Druid
I'd totally go to a WoW themed pub if there was one and it was even remotely local. I'd make sure to try the pupperverliobio.. err.. purpliberbli...
That wine with the long and funky name that starts with a P. I'd try it.

There's a gaming pub somewhere in Florida. Mana bar I think is what it's called?

In one of my design classes I designed energy drinks based of health and mana potions and my entire class was telling me to sell the design to a bar haha.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Yeah, we only had 1 or 2 attempts where we managed to kill the pillars really close together. We were actually having some issues where a couple of people were saying that they couldn't even see their assigned pillar, so we still had 1 or 2 at full health while the others were down. We ended up swapping pillar assignments and it worked better. It doesn't help that our dps consisted of 2 Shadow Priests, 3 Rogues, and a Death Knight, we're short on ranged. Hopefully tonight will go better, thanks for the advice.

The healers are still on the fence about 2 healing, they're thinking of having me heal again, but isn't 3 healing the fight a lot harder than 2 healing?

My guild had repeated issues with the pillars not being visible for some players, and as Fluffy pointed out, have one of the DPS who CAN see the pillar target it and hit it a few times and then it should become visible for everyone else.

Three healing is significantly more difficult unless you have the DPS from god. The fight has a fairly brutal soft enrage, and you need to be able to kill the boss quickly before the damage becomes too intense for healers to heal through. But the fight is totally and completely 2-healable. I healed the damn thing as Disc back when Disc sucked. :D
90 Pandaren Monk
01/05/2013 08:25 AMPosted by Flintte

If you can kill the pillars as close together as possible, it will significantly cut down on your add issues. Also, it helps to have people mass root them (frost nova, entangling roots, etc) in a pile and AOE them down.

Yep, 3-healing Elegon (10man normal) is not common. Groups who haven't got their first Elegon kill typically *need* that extra dps'er.

- be sure everyone (including healers) who can is specc'ing & glyphing for stuns & slows.... and then be sure that they *use* them :D Many PvE'ers have overlooked those talents & glyphs. I don't believe they're to go out of their way to find adds to snare, but if they find themselves dangerously nearby, they should use everything they have at their disposal to stop or slow the adds. Definitely after everyone has collected at the... uh... device which starts the shield... those stuns and slows should be unloaded on the collecting adds so they can be AoEd down before they munch on the tank (it's a *lot* of damage, damage which can easily kill a tank).

- everyone who can should spec & use movement abilities, both to get away from the adds and simply to group up as quickly as possible.

- killing the pillars as close to simultaneously is key to add management, as you already seem to know. I don't beleive anyone in my raid has ever encountered the pillar bug you're describing, but once you guys get the hang of dealing with it (the bug) you'll find things smooth out a lot.

- healers need to have a generous amount of mana going into "P3" after the 2nd round of pillars & adds, especially on the first kills... if they can, they should use a potion of Focus while that 2nd round of pillars is being killed. Not always possible, if said healers are needed to help pillar assignments, but... yeah.
Yep, 3-healing Elegon (10man normal) is not common. Groups who haven't got their first Elegon kill typically *need* that extra dps'er.

- be sure everyone (including healers) who can is specc'ing & glyphing for stuns & slows.... and then be sure that they *use* them :D Many PvE'ers have overlooked those talents & glyphs. I don't believe they're to go out of their way to find adds to snare, but if they find themselves dangerously nearby, they should use everything they have at their disposal to stop or slow the adds. Definitely after everyone has collected at the... uh... device which starts the shield... those stuns and slows should be unloaded on the collecting adds so they can be AoEd down before they munch on the tank (it's a *lot* of damage, damage which can easily kill a tank).

- everyone who can should spec & use movement abilities, both to get away from the adds and simply to group up as quickly as possible.

- killing the pillars as close to simultaneously is key to add management, as you already seem to know. I don't beleive anyone in my raid has ever encountered the pillar bug you're describing, but once you guys get the hang of dealing with it (the bug) you'll find things smooth out a lot.

- healers need to have a generous amount of mana going into "P3" after the 2nd round of pillars & adds, especially on the first kills... if they can, they should use a potion of Focus while that 2nd round of pillars is being killed. Not always possible, if said healers are needed to help pillar assignments, but... yeah.

Thanks for the advice (from everyone who commented, not just you), I appreciate it. With our raid setup, it kinda sucks that we only have 2 ranged dps (both spriests) and 4 melee (3 Rogues and a Death Knight), but we have to take what we can get. Void Tendrils are pretty nice, but they require close range, so I get hit hard while trying to drop them, which sucks, and they're immune to fear. I think the Rogues are gonna try to switch to Crippling Poison, which should help.

Raid's in an hour or two, I'll let you guys know if we down him. Though by that point, this thread's probably gonna be full, so I guess I'll see ya in the next one =)
90 Blood Elf Priest
Your DK should be able to chains of ice them.
90 Dwarf Paladin
01/05/2013 07:03 AMPosted by Milkmesoftly
The one and only.

That's funny, Akaeya, not because of the circumstance but because the father taught me in high school for a year.

Many 'a dingo ate my homework' jokes were made that year.
90 Tauren Priest
01/05/2013 04:44 PMPosted by Zzar
The one and only.

That's funny, Akaeya, not because of the circumstance but because the father taught me in high school for a year.

Haha. I remember it from Seinfeld.

Also, you remembered my other priests name. O.O *shock*
Elegon's still not down, but we got a lot farther. Best attempt was 17%, one of the healers ran out of mana because he died early on. We totally got this fight. Hopefully we'll kill him next week, thanks for the advice everyone, it definitely helped.

Also, Milkmesoftly, for a minute there I saw your avatar and thought that your horns and the back of your helm were actually hair shaped into a heart with a bow on it. I had to check out your armory to see if that was actually a real Tauren hairstyle. I was disappointed =(
Edited by Flintte on 1/5/2013 8:54 PM PST
90 Pandaren Monk
01/05/2013 08:54 PMPosted by Flintte
Elegon's still not down, but we got a lot farther. Best attempt was 17%, one of the healers ran out of mana because he died early on. We totally got this fight.

Sounds like it's pretty much in the bag :D

Maybe remind people to use their personal defensive cooldowns, too, if they don't tend to be folks who do...
100 Pandaren Priest
Wow, I almost missed an ENTIRE Healer OT thread.

Hi guys!
90 Dwarf Paladin
01/05/2013 07:11 PMPosted by Milkmesoftly

Haha. I remember it from Seinfeld.

Also, you remembered my other priests name. O.O *shock*

I'm used to calling you Akaeya ^____^
90 Gnome Priest
Good hat.

Best hat.

More terrifying than the old one.

I should open a Horrible Haberdashery for all these hats.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I stand by my song choice in the chat Fleur - it showcases power, range, stability, purity...pretty much the whole package. A demo isn't about whether or not you like the song, it's about choosing a song that really shows what you can do. Admittedly, it does have the problem of perhaps being slightly cliche.

I also suggested it because I have heard you, and I think you can really nail it. I didn't just pull that song out of my !@# at random. Maybe I'm wrong?

Just my opinion, Fleur. I'd like to hear how it goes, in any case.

Good luck :)

Riôt
Edited by Riôt on 1/6/2013 3:33 AM PST
100 Tauren Druid
We were missing two of our top DPS last Friday, and our OT has been MIA since Christmas, so we put together a "Hey, let's go have fun!" raid group including 3 DPS guildies who hadn't raided with us in MoP at all, so are fairly undergeared, and the mage I am trying to, er, give options.

With all that, we still went 4/6 in MSV relatively quickly, one-shotting the first two bosses. Yay! One of the guildies is a feral druid who did very well, following all the mechanics correctly and pulling about 55-60k DPS on the bosses, even though all he had done was LFR. I may see if he wants to become part of the "regular" team. If the mage sticks and we get our ele shaman and warlock back, I think we have a good chance of finally clearing MSV and putting in some serious efforts on HoF.

That would make our Guardian druid and Combat rogue sad, though. All those leather Agi users.

I know, first world problems...
90 Blood Elf Priest
We got vizier down, on the subject of progression. Thanks ya mist for the video! it helped immensely.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]