Priest healing: Holy or Disc?

90 Night Elf Druid
I know this has been asked many, MANY times, but I wanted to know from personal experience. Which one is more fun? (And more effective at level 90 for PVP.)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Neither one of them is much good for pvp at 90. Every other healer can do the same things without needing nearly as much babysitting, and most of them can do it better. Except mistweavers but they're in a fairly bad place atm too.

Come 5.2, this might change for disc but as of right now a paladin/druid/shaman would be a much better choice for pvp healing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Alright :/ Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Disc imo.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Disc is nice for pve, but pvp I'd probably say holy.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
while i'm not a pvper, i AM a priest and have been so for a VERY long time and i can tell you that holy... has NEVER faired well in pvp, NEVER EVAR!!!! it's the worst!!! healing as holy in pvp is by far one of the most painful experiences i've had in wow.

though i still enjoy holy more than disc (far more). B/c disc is not in a good place right now pvp wise i would avoid priest pvp but the flip side is, not very long ago Disc was king for pvp i'm sure they will be improved.

tl;dr- play what u enjoy and you'll be good at it...sorta :P
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
while i'm not a pvper, i AM a priest and have been so for a VERY long time and i can tell you that holy... has NEVER faired well in pvp, NEVER EVAR!!!! it's the worst!!! healing as holy in pvp is by far one of the most painful experiences i've had in wow.

though i still enjoy holy more than disc (far more). B/c disc is not in a good place right now pvp wise i would avoid priest pvp but the flip side is, not very long ago Disc was king for pvp i'm sure they will be improved.

tl;dr- play what u enjoy and you'll be good at it...sorta :P

Disc is pretty terrible right now because we've lost a lot of trash buffs to cover PW:S, so PW:S just gets dispelled as soon as it's applied (which means we lose a lot of healing and our mana regen).

Holy's squishier but it's less reliant on dispellable buffs.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I don't mind disc ( i have holy pally resto druid and resto shaman as well) they are a little weak and blizz is aware of it right now, mana is getting fixed a little

holys heals are great but having no damage reduction hurts you to much that i switched to disc

if blizz would add 2-3% crit to inner will or inner fire i would be satisfied because our divine aegis that works based on crits. or a spell like pallys that increases crit for awhile
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
For pvp at lvl 90 healing pirests, you could pick:

Disc: -Good for shielding, bad when there is dispell/overpower warriors and hunters.
-Could attack and heal at the same time.
-The only spec that have damage reduction for healing priest.

-Holy: -Healing is fast and powerful, but mana is also a problem if u are wasteful.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EcjaXQ4lhA

^^^
Disc, haven't met alot of holy priests that can keep up with the dmg mitigation brought from spirit shell, barrier and bubbles in raiding.

For PVP disc also brings a player more survivability; however, atm disc is a bit broken in PVP and is getting buffed in 5.2.

The flip side to the PVP buff is spirit shell will no longer benefit from mastery in 5.2, which is going to scale disc healing down to more of the other healing classes for PVE content.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]