5.2 Best Range DPS Class? Top 5?

(Locked)

90 Human Death Knight
What is your prediction for the best range class in 5.2? I'm making this thread as help for myself, as i do not have MoP and i plan on coming back to the game and i have every class 85 i think. I was wondering if anyone could help me out and give me a top 5 of what YOU think is going to be the top 5 range DPS in 5.2 Thanks beforehand <3
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Roll a Mage or Warlock and you will be in the top 3 for sure, in my opinion play what you enjoy.
90 Human Death Knight
I was thinking hunter..aren't they pretty good? I tried my 85 warlock and his dps was eh.. not sure. I just don't want to play melee because lag is annoying as melee can't do the max dps you'd like to do
90 Draenei Shaman
Mage, Lock, Spriest,
90 Goblin Hunter
Hunters are getting there but if you want top ranged we're not there yet. Locks are still up there with Mages. Spriest are killing it too.
100 Orc Hunter
CLC
PvE will probably be Mage>=Lock>Hunter>rest
90 Human Death Knight
01/02/2013 06:39 AMPosted by Rekrap
Mage, Lock, Spriest,

Hmmm so what do you think would do MAX dps out of those 3? Or even better in order the max dps?
90 Human Death Knight
01/02/2013 06:41 AMPosted by Halions
PvE will probably be Mage>=Lock>Hunter>rest

Blizzard always has mages at #1
90 Tauren Druid
Hunters are #1 in dps when played correctly.

Head to Head, this is based on experience and top dpsers in raids i've seen. Of course knowing how to play your class correctly matters too. But these are the best range dps and are very close to each other. I know DK's are not range DPS... just listing

Hunters #1
DK #2 or Shadow Priest #2
Mage #3

I have never seen a Warlock as top DPSers ever.

You can't go wrong with a Mage, Shadow Priest or Hunter.
Edited by Cookieitch on 1/2/2013 6:48 AM PST
90 Draenei Shaman
Their all in the same range, you can definitely throw hunters in there. Whick bring it to which class would be most enjoyable to play. Which would be a Hunter in my Opinion. then Warlock-mage then Priest.
90 Human Death Knight
01/02/2013 06:50 AMPosted by Rekrap
Their all in the same range, you can definitely throw hunters in there. Whick bring it to which class would be most enjoyable to play. Which would be a Hunter in my Opinion. then Warlock-mage then Priest.

Yeh i played my warlock, not very fun without a big pet. Also i enjoy hunters because i liked big things (no !@#$) hunters pets are dope.
90 Human Death Knight
What is your prediction for the best range class in 5.2? I'm making this thread as help for myself, as i do not have MoP and i plan on coming back to the game and i have every class 85 i think. I was wondering if anyone could help me out and give me a top 5 of what YOU think is going to be the top 5 range DPS in 5.2 Thanks beforehand <3

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Score/10H/100/14/60/default/
This is the current, and not too many nerfs are comming into play, so it looks like itll be

1. Affliction lock = Arcane mage (Affliction pulling ahead on multi target fights)

2. Balance Druid

3. Spriest

4. Fire mage

5. Hunter

6. Ele shaman.

Balance Druid really?
90 Tauren Druid

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Score/10H/100/14/60/default/

This is the current, and not too many nerfs are comming into play, so it looks like itll be

1. Affliction lock = Arcane mage (Affliction pulling ahead on multi target fights)

2. Balance Druid

3. Spriest

4. Fire mage

5. Hunter

6. Ele shaman.

Hunters are #1 in dps when played correctly.

Head to Head, this is based on experience and top dpsers in raids i've seen. Of course knowing how to play your class correctly matters too. But these are the best range dps and are very close to each other. I know DK's are not range DPS... just listing

Hunters #1
DK #2 or Shadow Priest #2
Mage #3

I have never seen a Warlock as top DPSers ever.

This couldnt be wronger, Affliction lock is top for dps not only as ranged but out of every spec in the game its signifigently higher.

Hunters are almost dead last in melee and ranged right now.

That may be true, but as I wrote based on my experience. You may have better warlocks on your server.

As for Balanced Druids, it will be interesting come 5.2, it's predicated on gear. In one week of LFR (all five raids) I received 7 to 10 epic pieces and went from 10-12 in DPS to #2 or 3 in DPS.
Edited by Cookieitch on 1/2/2013 7:18 AM PST
100 Tauren Druid
01/02/2013 06:59 AMPosted by Felocityqt
Balance Druid really?

Yeah, the are pretty much toe to toe with spriests the only difference is spriest has VERY low burst where boomkins have one of the best burstphases in the game

Spriest has a slightly better 20% execution phase though.

...I find that really odd because theoretical dps for boomkins is almost dead last.
90 Human Death Knight
01/02/2013 07:05 AMPosted by Hainault

Yeah, the are pretty much toe to toe with spriests the only difference is spriest has VERY low burst where boomkins have one of the best burstphases in the game

Spriest has a slightly better 20% execution phase though.

...I find that really odd because theoretical dps for boomkins is almost dead last.

That's what i'm seeing too...they don't seem like they got any real buffs...and they're pretty bad right now..
I laugh at people who think the class it self = how much dps you will do.
100 Tauren Druid

That's what i'm seeing too...they don't seem like they got any real buffs...and they're pretty bad right now..

The logs do seem to say otherwise though.
Multi-target fights seem to be good for Boomkins despite their fairly weak situational AoE. (Stone Guard, Protectors especially)
Fights with less adds, they drop down near the lower middle. (using 25 normal logs, there isn't enough heroic logs for some specific fights to judge)
Edited by Hainault on 1/2/2013 7:14 AM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]