How hard are heroics?

90 Troll Druid
This sounds like a newb question I am sure but after 4 months I have finally leveled this too to 90 and would like to start running heroics. I am a very experienced healer having raided heavily during Cata but obviously still under geared. I don't want to be that guy in the heroic holding the group back. I did run one heroic today and it was pretty easy but I felt like the group was overgeared. So in terms of difficulty compared to cata heroics how to mop heroics compare? Just for reference, I started running cata heroics early in the expansion when they were considered hard and my gear was mediocre, though probably a bit better than my current gear.
Edited by Velkroe on 1/3/2013 12:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Exponentially easier compared to Cata heroics. Maybe on par with the Twilights, or easier than that.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Heroics in Mists are much easier than any heroics previous in my eyes. No CC really needed, and most bosses that may be difficult have mechanic that can make it easier on the group. If you have enough ilvl to get into them, you should be fine
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
They're extremely easy. If you're uncomfortable though going in bring a friend along :D Heroics still has it's moments with bad DPS and bad tanks but even then they're generally a walk in the park.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Get some cheap enchants and do the arena of annihilation scenario for a 450 weapon and you will be fine.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Yeah I really should enchant my gear with some cheap enchants. Been cheap.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Are you wearing level 88 quest greens?

You're overgeared for heroics.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Keep in mind, your regen is going to be pretty awful as a fresh 90. If you're running low, tell your tank.

Also, watch out for Shado-Pan Monastery. It's probably the hardest of the heroics.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Wow, I have run about three heroics today and you guys were right they are really easy. Maybe I just got really well geared groups but I was absolutely shocked how easy the runs were. I kind of wish I had not wasted my gold enchanting my gear.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/03/2013 10:58 PMPosted by Velkroe
Wow, I have run about three heroics today and you guys were right they are really easy. Maybe I just got really well geared groups but I was absolutely shocked how easy the runs were. I kind of wish I had not wasted my gold enchanting my gear.

They're basically only difficult when you have idiots in them.

It gets fun when the tank can't hold threat with Righteous Fury is on, and I'm tanking, and the DPS are all tanking, and the tank is tanking. At the same time.

Oh, and he pulled the -entire room- of ranged caster mobs. o_O
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
They're basically only difficult when you have idiots in them.

It gets fun when the tank can't hold threat with Righteous Fury is on, and I'm tanking, and the DPS are all tanking, and the tank is tanking. At the same time.

Oh, and he pulled the -entire room- of ranged caster mobs. o_O

Your prayer of healing can't heal through that? Psh. Bad healer. /kick

My favorites are the ones i run as shadow where the tank is horrible and i can STILL keep him up. Had one run where i was pulling around 55k dps and keeping everyone topped off. Not one of them noticed i was a purple blob 90% of the time...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/03/2013 11:46 PMPosted by Keirisonis
Your prayer of healing can't heal through that? Psh. Bad healer. /kick

I'm just a terribad, Keiri. It's horrible, really. D:
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Slam your face on the Keyboard. PRESTO, you healed a Heroic
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
There are a few bosses with mechanics you need to watch out for, but the straight up fights shouldn't give you much trouble. Unless everyone is running so fast you can't keep LoS on them.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
As others have said, heroics are not hard in MoP. Most of the time, it doesn't even feel like a heroic. Buy some drinks because you will run out of mana (not because of intense healing but because of low regen). As you near the 463 gear level, your mana regen will start to keep you topped.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Yeah, the only issue I was having was mana and mostly because the tank would start running right after any fight no matter what my mana situation. But not a huge deal. Usually when my mana was low coming out of a fight I would grab drink right when the thing became available and get 5 seconds of drink regen which between that and running to the next mob was good enough.
Edited by Velkroe on 1/4/2013 8:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
The only heroic that is annoying to heal to me is Shado-Pan, and that depends on how many melee you have eating those little explosive Sha, or if people don't kill the orbs at the end. Else, they all are on the same level as the HoT heroics, which is not much.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
That's funny. The group I had yesterday would not kill the orbs. Yet even with that it was pretty easy too.
Reply Quote
98 Undead Priest
I've "healed" every heroic healing as shadow and never had to drop shadow form to heal except for exceptionally bad players who stand in stuff or occasionally after pulls/bosses... So ya, that's how easy Heroics are and I do the above while usually doubling the damage done by any other "DPS"

The only heroic that is annoying to heal to me is Shado-Pan, and that depends on how many melee you have eating those little explosive Sha

This is the only time I almost regularly have to heal... the exploding Sha... People just don't seem to understand NOT to stand near them when they die. But occasionally I get a good group that understands the mechanics and even the 2nd half of Shadow pan is easy to shadow heal.
Edited by Poena on 1/4/2013 10:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
If you have an overgeared tank you might as well dps.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]