Sentinels RP

100 Draenei Paladin
Does it even really still exist?

It's been a while since I've really gone looking, when when I had everything has looked pretty dead (Alliance side has looked dead for a long time, and now it looks like Horde is dying too).

I could be wrong, maybe I'm not looking in the right places.

I've been told there are still RPers, but from my experience, it's all been very clique based. If you're not one of the bros, so to speak, you get ignored or pushed out. Perhaps I just have bad luck.

Then there is also the question of the quality of the RP. I don't mean to sound like a snob, but, I'm not thrilled by the idea of RPing with god-modders or vampires, or any sort of mythical hybrid that doesn't exist in the game.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
01/04/2013 12:06 PMPosted by Cynphel
god-modders or vampires, or any sort of mythical hybrid
I choose to be a Blood Elf. Sadly, I wish to disown being part of the "Warchief's" horde. So there is that. Good day.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
I've seen that is what RP is mostly anymore, whatever the fad is at the moment.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
01/04/2013 12:28 PMPosted by Prodon
god-modders or vampires, or any sort of mythical hybrid
I choose to be a Blood Elf. Sadly, I wish to disown being part of the "Warchief's" horde. So there is that. Good day.

Ohgod, I know that feeling. I'd give anything to be able to move some of my horde to Alliance, but I don't want to change their races. :<

They should give people the option to be a neutral faction. I want to join the Argent Dawn.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
01/04/2013 12:45 PMPosted by Cynphel

Ohgod, I know that feeling. I'd give anything to be able to move some of my horde to Alliance, but I don't want to change their races. :<

They should give people the option to be a neutral faction. I want to join the Argent Dawn.
If I had my choice, I would probably stay faction-less.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I think it would be an interesting concept to let people remove themselves from the base faction. You'd be locked out of the ability to do pvp (though arena and world pvp could still be open, though you'd be fighting both factions in world pvp). For the people that just like doing quests, rep grinds, and other such things, I don't see why they have to be tied down to Horde or Alliance.

Maybe we should make a thread for this subject...
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Make a new bg. Horde vs. Alliance vs. Factionless. It will be mayhem. It would be glorious.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior

If I had my choice, I would probably stay faction-less.

I agree, I would stay faction-less as well
Edited by Kamshaft on 1/5/2013 3:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I know that for a time around the MoP launch you could roll a Pandaren Monk, get it to Lv 20 while on the Wandering Isle through gathering professions, and then teleport to Kun-Lai Summit and kill yourself to escape from the Wandering Isle without choosing a faction, which meant that you were still treated as a 3rd faction to both the Horde and Alliance. If you did this, you were able to enter both of the faction's cities and gain reputation with them, but were unable to talk to anyone except for other 3rd faction pandaren.

This was fixed very quickly, while I was in the process of leveling a Pandaren Monk to Lv 20 in fact. That said, it is definitely possible for Blizzard to make a 3rd faction, considering that there already is one. However, I don't think that they're keen on making a playable third faction as it would likely unbalance the dynamic that they have designed the game around.

This bug does give a few insights into the difficulties of attempting to make such a faction work. How would you communicate? How would you level? How would raids like ICC or Trial of the Crusader work if you are not allied with either faction? What would this mean for the ongoing story of the game?
Don't get me wrong, it's a fun idea to be a neutral character. That was actually why I tried to make my own neutral Pandaren Monk, because I thought it would be a great idea to RP a monk who was trying to use Pandaren philosophies to ease relations between the two factions. However, I just don't think that it is possible in World of Warcraft currently. If you'd like to play a neutral faction, though, the Warcraft RPG wouldn't be a bad idea.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
01/05/2013 05:36 PMPosted by Sinlinara
How would raids like ICC or Trial of the Crusader work if you are not allied with either faction?
Hired help. -nods-
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
If you don't have a faction, why would you fight in a war? If you are in a neutral faction (Argent Dawn), you'd be peaceful with both horde and alliance (while probably getting odd looks in undercity).

I can just imagine some lowly AD member beating on a seasoned forsaken warrior.

AD: For the light! Be cleansed!
Forsaken: Hey, stop poking me. I told you before, I'm not scourge.
AD: Tricks and lies! Shenanigans I say!
Forsaken: Do you even know what undercity is?
AD: Blast, I'm surrounded! Oh hey, you guys have blimps.

Yes, players that choose to play Argent Dawn have to talk in a slightly old style british accent. Both in game and out.

I think I derailed my own post.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
If you don't have a faction, why would you fight in a war? If you are in a neutral faction (Argent Dawn), you'd be peaceful with both horde and alliance (while probably getting odd looks in undercity).

I can just imagine some lowly AD member beating on a seasoned forsaken warrior.

AD: For the light! Be cleansed!
Forsaken: Hey, stop poking me. I told you before, I'm not scourge.
AD: Tricks and lies! Shenanigans I say!
Forsaken: Do you even know what undercity is?
AD: Blast, I'm surrounded! Oh hey, you guys have blimps.

Yes, players that choose to play Argent Dawn have to talk in a slightly old style british accent. Both in game and out.

I think I derailed my own post.

Quaint old Irishmen, that's how the Argent Dawn should talk like. Then you could have the leprechaun faction of the Argent Dawn with Gnomes and Goblins. We could run around yelling 'They're after me lucky charms!'
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Poking my head in to say Hello to Sentinels, because I'm rolling an alt on the server to enjoy the peace and quiet. Hope to see you guys around, and maybe catch some random RP. :)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
02/02/2013 04:07 PMPosted by Qerrathien
Poking my head in to say Hello to Sentinels, because I'm rolling an alt on the server to enjoy the peace and quiet. Hope to see you guys around, and maybe catch some random RP. :)

I'll give you some peace and quiet!

...well now I'm not sure if that's a threat or just being nice.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
i love hot steamy erp
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Been trying to keep random rp going by rping in major cities such as Two Shrines and Orgrimmar, but it's a bit difficult to do on my own. TCO is 'one of the last rp guilds', but it seems like those who do RP need a little push to do so on their own.

We created a HordeOOC channel specifically for rpers who still exist to get together with others and RP, but no one actually says anything about it. "Hey guys, I'm in an RP mood. Anyone wanna RP?"

Need a little more help and initiative to actually get what remains of the community going. But the expansion also has a fair amount of items on each person's agenda also. Raid days, multiple sets of dailies, various new achievements, pet battles, dungeons for valor and gear, and the pvp grind and arena.

If you're interested in helping, make a Horde toon and work with me.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
01/05/2013 01:03 PMPosted by Prodon
Make a new bg. Horde vs. Alliance vs. Factionless. It will be mayhem. It would be glorious.

THIS IS SPARTA
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
02/03/2013 10:57 AMPosted by Zeredx
i love hot steamy erp

this guy understands
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
02/02/2013 10:02 PMPosted by Silversol

I'll give you some peace and quiet!

...well now I'm not sure if that's a threat or just being nice.
xD

02/03/2013 10:57 AMPosted by Zeredx
i love hot steamy erp
Not Interested. I don't do that crude. It's pretty failtastic.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]