@Blizz: Make the Holy Dps Spec -- easy way

100 Tauren Priest
If Blizzard ever did this they'd probably make you cap spell hit via gear :)

They'd have to make a full fourth spec, which is not what this thread is about really. But, on topic of your post, I'd be for it. Holy form, go!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Priest
If they were ever to make something such as a holy dps spec for priests or paladins, I personally feel the only way to accomplish well, where it doesn't feel patched together, is to give them a 4th proper spec.

We dealth with bears and cats sharing the same feral tree for a long time, and it really limited what they could do with the spec, not to mention all the problems with death knights in wrath having 3 shared dps/tank specs. In the future, it would tie down the spec and makes it so any great ideas they have, will always have to work around the fact that the spec is dual role.

An entirely different spec gives MUCH more freedom in the design process, and I'd think if Blizzard ever was to consider something like this again, they'd add 4th spec like they ultimately ended up doing with druids.

Just my 2 copper. I'm not for or against the idea though.

Yep, i see what you are saying here mate. I am not against that tbh, but I am looking at what we working with now on live, so what i have purposed is really a minor tweak to the mastery to make it like ferals had with the dual mastery. I have been saying to move the mastery to make the spell chastise stronger and unique so that it doesn't even affect anything about holy unless they are in the non-healing state.

Simplicity, ya know?
Reply Quote
53 Blood Elf Priest
Chastise does need work.
The spell is boarder-line useless in its current form.

Also, Ponderous.

Looking at the level 90 talents, which one do you feel has the best single-target dps?

I was going for Divine Star simply because you can cast it the most in a single fight. But its damage seems weak.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Chastise does need work.

Also, Ponderous.

Looking at the level 90 talents, which one do you feel has the best single-target dps?

I was going for Divine Star simply because you can cast it the most in a single fight. But its damage seems weak.
i would go with halo just because i dont feel the GCD is worth it for divine star.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Priest
Chastise does need work.

Also, Ponderous.

Halo is the go-to spell by default. You use cascade when you are on an encounter with adds just flowing, and you use star when you are clumped together most of the time.

Last time I used DS was in HoF on that tornado dude. The healing was worth the use of the spell tbh. Last time I used cascade was Horridon as we kept dino boy close enough to the adds to have it bounce; also, on Council as well as I timed the spell to hit Blanka (yes, not the real name) in mid roll to so it'd hit Loa girl and bounce to Mal/Sul.

If you know you can maintain a 25 yd distance from ur target, halo is the way to go. If you have to move a lot and not be able to hit that 25 yd range, cascade that piece up -- plus, with cascade, you can launch it at urself when necessary for a nice chunky heal that also gives your group/raid healing utility. It, mine does at least, crits for a little over 100k + it pops my mastery *which is crap* so it gives a little 3k hot as well (not too shabby). If you are packed into a fight like a dude's !@# getting double pen'd, DStar is the way to go.

When in doubt, Halo.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Did you see the Tweet you got from GC today Ponderous:

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/319908260100579328
"We'll support playing the game almost any way you want. We won't guarantee that your preferred way is the most efficient way though."

Basically they'll let you Holy DPS, they're just saying it won't be all that great.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Priest
Did you see the Tweet you got from GC today Ponderous:

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/319908260100579328
"We'll support playing the game almost any way you want. We won't guarantee that your preferred way is the most efficient way though."

Basically they'll let you Holy DPS, they're just saying it won't be all that great.

As long as I'm having fun and competitive to my guild, i'm ok with that.

Also, he is right; Holy dps is not the most efficient way to dps, but I still can do what i need to do: pull good numbers, provide utility as I am a hybrid, look awesome with the nub of a tail i have.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Because hybrid classes need a viable second caster DPS spec right?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Priest
Because hybrid classes need a viable second caster DPS spec right?

Why are you here?
Reply Quote
Chastise does need work.

Also, Ponderous.

Halo is the go-to spell by default. You use cascade when you are on an encounter with adds just flowing, and you use star when you are clumped together most of the time.

Last time I used DS was in HoF on that tornado dude. The healing was worth the use of the spell tbh. Last time I used cascade was Horridon as we kept dino boy close enough to the adds to have it bounce; also, on Council as well as I timed the spell to hit Blanka (yes, not the real name) in mid roll to so it'd hit Loa girl and bounce to Mal/Sul.

If you know you can maintain a 25 yd distance from ur target, halo is the way to go. If you have to move a lot and not be able to hit that 25 yd range, cascade that piece up -- plus, with cascade, you can launch it at urself when necessary for a nice chunky heal that also gives your group/raid healing utility. It, mine does at least, crits for a little over 100k + it pops my mastery *which is crap* so it gives a little 3k hot as well (not too shabby). If you are packed into a fight like a dude's !@# getting double pen'd, DStar is the way to go.

When in doubt, Halo.

I assume it's not too different for Shadow than it is for Holy dps. Halo is the highest dps, but it has by far the harshest range requirements. I prefer Cascade for most fights, it's easier to use and still does respectable damage, and I'll switch to Divine Star on stacked fights, especially Wind Lord (because Halo will very easily break cc).

Also, I like your simile there.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Priest

When in doubt, Halo.

I assume it's not too different for Shadow than it is for Holy dps. Halo is the highest dps, but it has by far the harshest range requirements. I prefer Cascade for most fights, it's easier to use and still does respectable damage, and I'll switch to Divine Star on stacked fights, especially Wind Lord (because Halo will very easily break cc).

Also, I like your simile there.

heh, thanks for liking that =p.

But yeah, Holy dps is basically shadow in terms of how we work with our spells. Smite is my flay and dots are dots. The 90 talents are exactly the same principle...pretty easy on that concept of choice. Windlord was one that def. used DStar on as we were all grouped up so the healing i was doing there was very noticeable. Like you, i personally use cascade for most fights as i don't have to be mindful of where i am to use a spell, and I can use it on the move w/o penalty.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]