[A] Salvation Recruiting for DPS and Healer

90 Human Priest
General Information

Who are we?

Salvation is a long standing roleplay and raiding guild on Moon Guard. We just celebrated our four year mark on August 6th, 2012. The guild has been an active part of the MG community since it first was founded. Our numbers have grown over time and the retention rate of members staying is extremely high. We house some of the most unique players all part of various storylines, raid and PvP teams.

What do I gain joining Salvation?

When joining our guild, you will be welcomed by a variety of different people. All from casuals, raiders, PvPers and RPers! As a member, you will enjoy the level 25 perks the guild has to offer. Achievements for the guild offer all kinds of mounts, pets and heirlooms for your picking. On top of the guild perks, you are also opened to banking privileges and various raiding perks such as free gems, enchants and ect.

Above all else, you get to be part of a very special family here at Salvation. Meeting all types of individuals who are not only there to help you, but be your friend as well.

Roleplay

Three years ago, Venita had an idea. The wicked woman she had become grew tired of the constant grief, sorrow and anger fueled through her life. Something needed to change. She needed to find another path. Embarking on her own journey, she was blessed to have the chance in being offered something amazing. Though the chance came at the worse time, she figured for all it was worth, it was time to make the leap of faith.

The death of her adoptive daughter and cold remarks of her grieving from people within Stormwind made Venita open her eyes to the world around her. Things were growing bad. People were unusually more upset, cruel and down right nasty. Even the Cathedral felt like a prison.

During the time all of these things were dawning on Venita, she gained the clarity to push forward with a new movement. A movement that began as simple speeches, but busted into full blown rallies packing the halls of the Cathedral. Her message was simple. Give back to the people, provide a home for those to rest their heads and express their woes. And above all else, give those wicked as she once was a second chance.

Salvation fostered hundreds of people through the time by helping them pick up the pieces of their life. While time has been cruel to the order, it still stands and Venita works everyday to do as she once did. Bring the very mantra to the gates of Stormwind and see the rise of her order once more.

For them, saving others was just as important as saving themselves.

Raiding

Over the past three years, Salvation has taken full flight on being part of the raiding scene. Back in Lich King, we were one of the top running 10man strict teams and blew through progression pretty easily. We were tagged for some of the firsts of achievements and kills as a 10man strict team.

Our team make up is as followed:

Tanks - Paladin, Paladin
Healers - Paladin, Paladin
DPS - Shaman (Elemental), Mage, Warlock

Progression:

Guardians of Mogu'shan Normal: 4/6
Heart of Fear: 1/6
Endless Springs: 3/4
Are we recruiting? DPS, healer and stand-ins.

Raid days: Thursdays and Mondays, 8PM - 11PM server time or CST.

We expect those of you applying for a position on the raid team are ready with your A game. All raiders must bring all appropriate items to the table such as flasks, potions, food, knowledge of the fight and readiness to tackle through progression. If you fail to bring your A game, you will be reconsidered for a more casual position within the guild.

Something else worth noting is when you join the raid team, you are on a two week trial period. What does this mean to you? It means we reserve the right to give gear, patterns and ect to our more established members. This is just to protect the assets of the guild as we have unfortunately come across players to abuse our very open roll policy to acquire loot, then leave for other pastures.

We are NOT here to gear you up for other guilds.

Though we are extremely casual, we take raiding very seriously. If you cannot bring the basics of raiding to the table, you have no business contacting us about it. We are not here to play your game, nor are we even here to coddle you when you make mistakes. The raid team needs dependable, quick and stable raiders. If you have issues taking criticism, showing up and/or researching fights, then you really have no business raiding with anyone.

PvP

At the current time of this post, Salvation does not PvP as a guild. All doings in relation to it are on the player's own time. We house some skilled PvPers looking to BG with others in the guild, but there is no further push to expand on this aspect of the game.
Edited by Venita on 4/27/2013 2:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Contacting Salvation

If you feel Salvation is the right choice for you, there are various outlets of getting a hold of us.

First and foremost, you can always apply at the guild website.
http://salvationmg.enjin.com/home

The site may look dead, but the guild is not. We have not enforced using the website since it was made given to the guild making a few transitions.

COMING SOON

You may also go as far to speak to someone in game and/or apply through in game mail. My officers are as followed: Avaruu, Onieros, Riaan and Lotham.

I am also available for contact, however, I am a very busy person with all the various projects I lead on the server. Not to mention, I generally go afk for long periods of time due to working out of game on videos, blogs and ect.

We also have an email you are welcomed to hit us up at, just ask for it in game from myself.

On a closing note, we look forward to all future recruits. We thank you for taking the time to read over the recruitment thread and consider us as one of your options. Do not feel shy to bother any of us in game, even our members can help direct you in the right place.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Salvation and Mists of Pandaria

What can you expect from Salvation come MoP?

Plenty is the right answer. Not only are we going to be jumping into the RP scene actively again, but our raiding will pick back up. With a new expansion, we hope to bring in more people in our already large family.

How will raiding work for Salvation during MoP?

Just like it always has. We are reforming our 10man team completely and I am looking to have us raid two days a week for up to three hours. Reasonable time for progression and experience through the content. You should expect the days to be Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7PM - 10PM server, but these days and times are subject to change assuming the group needs other days or early/later times. One thing to note is we are flexible and with enough warning, we can change things around.

Roleplay is going to take off again, what will be the stance of the guild?

We are still maintaining our roots with Salvation. The guild was founded as a safe house for those in trouble and looking for a new life, but with this expansion, the guild is going to evolve from its old neutral stance and go into heavier pro-Alliance events. This may put us in a position to explore RP-PvP, but we are not sure.

Are pandas going to be welcomed right off the bat?

Yes, the only time Salvation has ever felt wary about the new races/classes was with Death Knights and that since has past.

Salvation and Insurmountable Odds

I felt I needed a little section on the relationship with IO and the guild. As so many know, when we went on break with the 10man team a few of us floated over to IO to give them a try as well. It comes as really no surprise that we were received well and welcomed into the group. The two groups have always had a great relationship and one can tell by looking at our guild line up, a lot of IO folks call Salvation home.

.. Which causes some confusion.

Constantly, I am asked if Salvation is doing 25mans. No, we are and will not raid 25s as a guild. However, the guild is likely to pick up 25man achievements depending on how many Salvation folks are in the raid on a given raid night. IO is a collation team where no one is pressured to join their guild and this is a positive to so many looking to raid, but wanting to stay within their current guilds be it for RP or OOC reasons.

Though IO is not recruiting anymore raiders for this current content, those looking to join IO have been sent to Salvation for a home. There are a number of reasons for this, but the main one is to introduce those interested in the team to the other raiders already in the guild. As a benefit, you get to meet, talk and hang out with your future raiders if you choose to pursue a spot with IO.

Please keep in mind, if you are looking to raid with IO you will be subjected to their terms of raiding recruitment. We differ in how we handle our teams, so what is written for Salvation's 10man is not written for IO's 25man. Always check with the officers/leads of IO for information on their raid recruitment/loot rules/ect.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Do I get first post? DO I?

WTS ad space here.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
butts?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
No, no, no nononononono.

I lead the "no butts" subfaction in Salvation. Needless to say, I am very marginalized.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
No, no, no nononononono.

I lead the "no butts" subfaction in Salvation. Needless to say, I am very marginalized.

:l Dammit
Edited by Cøron on 12/18/2012 12:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
All bumps must have content or they will get deleted apparently.

So here's a Bane .gif
http://www.darkknightnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/13081147.gif
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
blood for the blood god we keep locked under our basement near the crates of tainted sporks
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Productive post here.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
I keep trying to write but then it's like 'meh'.

:/
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
30 hours
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Now that the world successfully survived the aliens, meteors, solar flares, zombies, tsunamis, thermonuclear wars, sentient robots, wow's death, collapse of civilization, magnetic reversal, nibiru, godzilla, the LHC, and other unfortunate events, consider joining Salvation for a new beginning!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
You robbed me of what little hope was left.
Now go.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
i will whack stuff with my sword until it dies or cries for it's mama
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Salvation needs DPS?

Does this mean that Venita was finally forced to become a Holy Priest?

Holy ****!!! The world DID end!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Last time Venita healed, nobody lived to tell the tale.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Holiday yay.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Shaman
These people suck.
Reply Quote
87 Dwarf Rogue
Hranu smells like the remainder of a cow patty lodged in the sole of a fungi farmer's boot.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]