Operation Shieldwall/Dominance Offensive

90 Gnome Priest
Ok, I have to admit I'm having fun with Shieldwall now that i'm getting to the guts of the storyline that open up once you hit Revered. I need to do the counterpart of my Horde priest. The dailies didn't come across as too terribly grindy, perhaps because its just the one faction with 5 dailies a day plus an optional rep kill.

What's everyone else's feelings?
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Death Knight
I hate that they make you do dailies in order to participate in this storyline. It just seems so counter-intuitive to do dailies in order to continue a questline. I will do the dailies. But I hate it.

Hate.

It.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
I didn't even know this existed. I guess this is one of the groups of dailies I haven't gotten to yet, due to having so many other dailies to do every time I log in.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I hate that they make you do dailies in order to participate in this storyline. It just seems so counter-intuitive to do dailies in order to continue a questline. I will do the dailies. But I hate it.

I also hate having to grind dailys just so I can kick the Sunreavers out of Dalaran. Really, that's the only reason Im doing them. If it was a scenario or a dungeon instead I wouldn't bother with the dailys at all. But dangnabit I want my all Alliance Dal!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Kicking the Sunreavers out of Dalaran today was seriously fun.

But Dalaran will still look like old Dalaran after you finish. >.<

DAMMIT RHONIN YOU'RE DEAD WOULD YOU PLEASE GO BACK INTO THE VOID YOU GOT BLASTED INTO INSTEAD OF YELLING EVERYTIME I'M IN DALARAN??

While talking to Vereesa, I got the impression she was tired of listening to him as well. She didn't seem that upset he's dead. Or maybe she just hides it well.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
But Dalaran will still look like old Dalaran after you finish. >.<

I knoooow, but Im hoping that maybe in 5.2 they add a phased version or something. That alone will keep me playing for another year.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
A question, because I'm dumb.

Is the Dalaran stuff the alliance version of the Vol'jin/Garrosh stuff, or can I do them both as horde?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Each faction has its own storyline. Whether the Horde version has much about Dalaran is something I don't know. I've only done one set of dailies on my Horde priest and there are about 2 weeks of dailies to get to Revered. I don't think my Shieldwall commendation will double my Dominance rep so I'll probably have to take the full amount of time to get there.

Wowhead will have spoilers if you really want to know.

And I'm still chuckling over Jaina telling Varian not to get soft on her.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
The Horde does have a version of Dal that involves helping the some of the innocent Sunreaversescape or something. Or so I have heard.

I understand the horde gets a very different picture of what the Alliance was doing and I'd personally like to do both versions eventually.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
It's not so much that I'm dying to know what happens, just trying to figure out where all the different stuff is so I can do it (eventually). That quest I picked up that sends me to Krarasang to start the dailies... will that eventually lead to the Dalaran stuff AND the Vol'jin/Garrosh stuff, or are there two separate questlines/dailies I should be working on?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah, the Horde version, which I completed the entirety today, goes a little more like, Jaina had the divine bell stolen from the vault and set a trap for the Horde. The Horde contacted the Sunreavers to help us get into Darnassus to steal the bell back. Jaina found out it was the Sunreavers and immediately started killing all sunreaver blood elves in Dalaran or putting them in prison. Horde goes in and helps those not yet dead or in prison escape, kill a few high ranking alliance mages and soldiers, rescue the high level Sunreavers being held captive.

Then because, I, solo responsbile for all of this, was honored by being allowed to witness Garrosh ring the bell in Kun Lai Summit, which then release a bunch of sha magic. I had to kill his high ranking officer ISHI, and then watch while he crushed Anduin after Anduin broke the bell with some magic mallet.... ahhhhhhh can we just kill Garrosh already? Oh and a big hint is dropped after the Dalaran purging, that Blood Elf, Lor'Themar Theron may actually be the next Horde Warchief.

There you have it, Horde side in a nutshell.

p.s. Jaina is probably going to die soon, just a warning.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I doubt they're going to kill Jaina off after giving her a whole book. And there have already been rumors circulating about Lor'themar.

Who's that?

*snicker*

Actually, it's nice to see they're giving him some attention since the only thing he's been good for since BC is tiny group FtAs. And I think Kerrath actually ended up soloing him at some point in Wrath. But it might be a hard sell to get players to accept a neglected NPC as new Horde Warchief. Sounds like in 5.2 they're going to do a lot to build up his character.

I still say Koriq for Warchief.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
most horde side are pushing for Vol'jin with a minor population for either Baine or Sylvannas.

I agree though, Theron would be a hard sell without some major pushing in game. Like this whole Domination Point quest line. Theron was huge in that. He basically told Garrosh early on to take his horde and go screw himself.

Big step for a small character.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I got excited when Varian wanted to attempt to get the blood elves into the alliance and Theron was all like "maybe it's time to reconsider old alliances".

Of course they had to screw it up. >.<

Also Vol'jin better be involved in Killing Garrosh. And I would like to see him as warchief too. He's too cool of a character.
Reply Quote
I got hooked on this questline when Vol'Jin called me his Bruddah.
Edited by Stoni on 12/21/2012 2:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
12/21/2012 02:46 AMPosted by Stoni
I got hooked on this questline when Vol'Jin called me his Bruddah.

you look more like a sistah than a bruddah but i think that trolls, like californians, refer to you as a bro regardless of gender.
Reply Quote
12/21/2012 02:48 AMPosted by Ellouelle
you look more like a sistah than a bruddah but i think that trolls, like californians, refer to you as a bro regardless of gender.

That's good because I will not resort to wearing sexy dress transmogs to make my gender clear - it gets the point across but is also terrifying and creepy.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
I didn't read any of that, because it looks like a lot of spoilers, so I'm just going to say this again:

12/20/2012 10:36 AMPosted by Yellowflower
It's not so much that I'm dying to know what happens, just trying to figure out where all the different stuff is so I can do it (eventually). That quest I picked up that sends me to Krarasang to start the dailies... will that eventually lead to the Dalaran stuff AND the Vol'jin/Garrosh stuff, or are there two separate questlines/dailies I should be working on?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Yes, Yellow, you want to hoof it down to Krasarang and buddy up with Garrosh, at least temporarily. That's where all the good stuff is hiding.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
12/21/2012 10:17 AMPosted by Joynal
Yes, Yellow, you want to hoof it down to Krasarang and buddy up with Garrosh, at least temporarily. That's where all the good stuff is hiding.

Thank you!

Also, I hate Garrosh, and it pains me every time I do something that he wants me to do. It hurts me in my secret RP soul.
Edited by Yellowflower on 12/21/2012 10:36 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]