Operation Shieldwall/Dominance Offensive

90 Human Priest
I found the group of dailies to the west to be FAR easier than the ones in the mine. I don't even bother with the ones in the mine because of how painful they are.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Yeah, those crystals in the mine with over a million health that spawn little annoying guys that hit for like 10k? Never doing that again.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
12/21/2012 10:14 PMPosted by Sorya
Yeah, those crystals in the mine with over a million health that spawn little annoying guys that hit for like 10k? Never doing that again.

what is this quest

hearing about how hard it is is intriguing

i need to do it so that i can be like PFFFT THAT WAS EASY then continue my trend of being generally condescending while discrediting everyone who disagrees with me
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32121#comments

^That one.

I do wish I had looked it up before, because the first comment there makes it sounds a lot easier when not standing in the middle of all these adds, trying to pound away at this thing. Which of course was what I did. Silly me for treating it like any other trash mob.

Regardless I abandoned the quest when it started to seem like too much effort.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
It's not really hard, it's just annoying as crazy because of the density of adds down there. I know I just dot up everything I come across out of habit because if someone doesn't already have aggro on it, I will get it anyway. Blizzard plans to fix it but didn't say how soon.

And I got yelled at today for spoiling the lore for someone who's always told me he doesn't care about game lore. I think he was joking. Maybe. It really is a good story for the faction.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
12/21/2012 09:18 PMPosted by Lightzypher
I found the group of dailies to the west to be FAR easier than the ones in the mine. I don't even bother with the ones in the mine because of how painful they are.

I was mostly in quest greens when I started these and found I had to gear up before continuing them. I was able to kill one pair of adds at a time if I used all my defensive CDs, or one crystal, but if anything else happened to aggro I was a goner. Special thanks to Ril, Elori, and Gronde for kindly letting me mooch gear.

12/21/2012 10:14 PMPosted by Sorya

The crystal that is tucked into the first corner you come across was the one I concentrated on - I stood on the water side, and when the crystal dropped I ran off into the water where the adds couldn't follow. Waited until they despawned then looted. Hope that helps.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
The crystal that is tucked into the first corner you come across was the one I concentrated on - I stood on the water side, and when the crystal dropped I ran off into the water where the adds couldn't follow. Waited until they despawned then looted. Hope that helps.

Yeah that's what the comment on wowhead mentioned to. I may try it again when I get free time to actually log on.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
i actually found the crystal quest to be not that bad. granted i'm ilvl 500. but my server has a 2:1 alliance-to-horde population which is another way of saying that there is a very large population of horde players who specifically chose this server solely for the purpose of world pvp.

so while i was in the middle of my dailies yesterday a huge brawl broke out and after about 40 minutes i had forgotten why i had come in the first place.
Edited by Ellouelle on 12/23/2012 12:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
I love Vol'jin so much. Every time I do something with him, I feel like... I dunno. I just love it.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Pardon the necro but I was reading another thread and was reminded of something I meant to share with you guys and forgot to.

If you played during the first half of Wrath and you are Horde doing the Dominance Offensive quest chain at the part where you're helping with the Dalaran evacution...

YOU MUST ATTACK JAINA!!!

Seriously, attack her. I won't tell you what happens other than she won't kill you but it's worth it. And no going rogue/kitty stealth because you might miss it.

This means if you've already done it on your main Horde character - DO IT AGAIN on another.

If you didn't play WoW during the first half of Wrath, you probably won't get the reference.

And it really makes me wonder if there was a similar easter egg in there for Alliance but I missed it when I did the Shieldwall quest line. I might have to force myself into doing the dailies on another toon to find out.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/13/2013 03:29 AMPosted by Joynal
YOU MUST ATTACK JAINA!!!

Did that last week. I actually fudged my way past the easter egg in particular that you are talking about by using my Gnomish Gravity Well and my Goblin Hang Glider. I will definitely have to do it on Carnality or Hooch tho. From what I've researched It was quite entertaining.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
02/13/2013 03:29 AMPosted by Joynal
And it really makes me wonder if there was a similar easter egg in there for Alliance but I missed it when I did the Shieldwall quest line. I might have to force myself into doing the dailies on another toon to find out.

Any potential candidates? I'm working through revered at the moment (5455/21000) so I can poke around a bit once I get to that point.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I love the Horde, they are awesome, their goals are of to survive and thrive in this world which is justified, but their leader is something of the side that will revert them back to the ways of old which the orcs tried so hard to get away from and free themselves. The Trolls are rebelling against Garrosh already, The Taruen are on their last straw, the forsaken already hate the orcs and might even attack them, and even the Blood Elves are stirring from their inactivity to the Horde because of what Garrosh has been doing. I fight for the cause of the Horde but i also fight for the cause of the Alliance because they are suffering from Garrosh's rule, attacking a unarmed child there is no greater shame to dishonor yourself. Thats not the horde i fell in love with in WC3 that is not the Horde that i looked up to that made the alliance seem like monsters. Now it seems it has switched that the Alliance are "victims" where to the Horde are "Monsters", Thrall must come back now if he is to save the Horde from Garrosh.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
02/13/2013 06:26 AMPosted by Lunate

Any potential candidates? I'm working through revered at the moment (5455/21000) so I can poke around a bit once I get to that point.

My guess would be the area right outside Violet Hold again. I can't remember any of the Alliance quests giving me special reason to go that direction. Not like I had any special reason to attack Jaina, I just felt like it. I don't think I got any of my other Alliance toons to Honored, other than maybe my DK getting her access to the Boom Room, and I'm really dreading the thought of sitting through a week of dailies to get that deep into revered but my curiosity is starting to get the better of me.

Also, the entrance into the sewers by Violet Hold has a pet tamer NPC with an owl during the Horde event, and I'm guessing Alliance as well. This NPC is not there in unphased Dalaran. I remember trying to talk to him but not getting any dialog. I don't know if this is something special for pet battlers over a certain achievement level and the pet community knows the significance.

02/13/2013 08:24 AMPosted by Puré
Thrall must come back now if he is to save the Horde from Garrosh.

Thrall essentially is back already. He's helping the Darkspear recover in those internment camps that Garrosh set up - and he's pretty pissed.

But I don't think he's ultimately going to be the one leading the Horde once Garrosh is pulled down. Strangely enough, I'm actually hoping it will be Garrosh. Blizzard has told us it will be someone we don't expect and that would be really unexpected for most players. It would be nice to see a story of redemption happen in game for a change though they might be saving that for Illidan.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Thrall ain't comin back. He's a Daddy Now, with that Jammin wife of his. His days of warchief are through.

As an Advisor - Maybe

I could see them placing a couple of Advisers in with a newly humbled Garrosh. Thrall, Etrigg, Saurfang, Vol'jin are all good candidates.

I can also see them dissolving the rank of warchief, Maybe making a council with the Factional Leaders. This would also leave the possibility of Garrosh remaining in play, or even replacing him with another Prominant Orc (see above)

i honestly cannot see them handing the Title over to Lor'Themar, Sylvanas, Vol'jin or Baine - and with reason too. None of them (particularly Lor'themar and Sylvanas) are the right mindset to lead the horde in the most effective fashion.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thrall has always favored Rexar (the beast guy) so it could be him though I personally haven't seen him at all in WoW since i joined in WOTLK but he might be somewhere in WoW. He has a storyline backing him up to be a possible candidate. But at the same time he is rarely if ever mentioned in wow so he could be unexpected. and i take that back i seen him in precata where he helped the Horde citizens escape orgrimmar from the elemental attacks. Other possible candiates could be Eltrigg, Gamon (more of a joke than serious), idk but i can tell you this. Every Faction has a leader even the goblins if you dont see him. The dwarven race will always have a dwarven leader, the taurens will always have a tauren leader and so on. So in all likely hoods the new warchief will be a orc. Or of orc orginated. It could possibly be Drek'thar himself.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
02/13/2013 12:51 PMPosted by Rantipole
i honestly cannot see them handing the Title over to Lor'Themar, Sylvanas, Vol'jin or Baine - and with reason too. None of them (particularly Lor'themar and Sylvanas) are the right mindset to lead the horde in the most effective fashion.

Lor'themar will probably have the role of Regent, running the Horde when Garrosh is removed, but I honestly don't think he's meant to be Warchief. The basis of the franchise is Orcs vs. Humans. Head of Alliance will always be human. Head of Horde will always need to be Orc.

Garrosh got a bit of a build up in Wrath through the stories in Borean Tundra and Dragonblight. (Saurfang: Thrall sees potential in Garrosh and so is giving him command here in Northrend. I'm here to make sure he doesn't screw up too badly.)

I'd love to see Saurfang given a chance. Others want Eitrigg or Rexxar. But none of these leaders are getting their spotlight and stories to build them up. A few players are talking about General Nazgrim but his prominent role is really just the Horde counterpart to Admiral Taylor.

Remove Garrosh from power and you've got a big leadership void from the lack of story - unless you put Garrosh or Thrall back in place. And I think Thrall's days as leader are over. While the "green Jesus" complaints are annoying, there's some truth to saying Blizzard overdid the messiah aspect of Thrall's story. Having him return to what's essentially a militant leadership position is out of place, while leaving him an advisor and benefactor makes sense.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/13/2013 01:41 PMPosted by Joynal
Head of Alliance will always be human
cept for that Dragon that made it past screening.

My views on Eitrigg are simple. He's good for wisdom, and Military strategy, but he is about as old as saurfang - and abit of a human sympathizer.

Saurfang, where still virile as ever - He's been rather broken by the loss of Jr. he'd never fill the void of warchief wholeheartedly.

Rexxar is a Nomad, he wanders and i would imagine having no inclination to leadership. Besides, he's a halfbreed. doesnt fit the Orc vs. Human Motif.

Nazgrim would never take up that mantle. he's young and has no grasp of the implications of being a Warchief. It would be the same mistake made with Garrosh, but maybe not so many daddy issues.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
02/13/2013 12:39 PMPosted by Joynal
My guess would be the area right outside Violet Hold again. I can't remember any of the Alliance quests giving me special reason to go that direction. Not like I had any special reason to attack Jaina, I just felt like it.

Okee, so I did the Dalaran stuff tonight. Tried to attack Sunreaver McDudeface before Jaina ported him out but couldn't. Explored pretty much all of Dalaran and didn't see anything peculiar except for the cowering NPCs down in the sewers, but they wouldn't talk to me. Didn't see anything neat over by the Violet Hold... the first set of doors opened, led to a dead end hallway. The mobs that Jaina teleported would come out of the Violet Hold area and run back.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Well, pooh.

DAMN BLIZZARD AND THEIR HORDE FAVORTISM, GIVING THEM ALL THE GOOD STUFF!!

I dunno, I can't believe they would have left Alliance out in the cold on this. It was such a fun little easter egg, even if brief. Think I'll take one of my toons and *gag* do dailies to get the rep then snoop around. Probably will have to use my hunter even if my DK has more rep grinded already - I take my DK to Dalaran a lot to buy and smelt ore while my hunter can just use the AH at the Shrine since she's an Engineer. And if she does need to head to Northrend, I have my Goblin Glider to safely escape.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]