Horde: Where have all the raiders gone?

90 Pandaren Monk
I am interested in the current state of the Horde on Durotan. It seems that there are several guilds that are just on the cusp of having enough raiders to fill out a 10 man raid, but always falling 1-2 people short. Our status on Wowprogress.com is in the 130's as far as the server goes, but there are only 9 horde guilds that even have a kill.

Only a one has even downed a single hard mode boss.

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/durotan

We have a population (albeit a small one), so what is going on? Are most people playing horde on Durotan flat out not interested in raiding? Do we have too many people (and I am sure I fall into this category as well) that have been in their guild for so long they refuse to leave, even though they only have 6-12 people playing in it?

What can be done? Anything? I would be interested to see what other people think.
Edited by Chuin on 12/21/2012 7:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Durotan PvE 2,753 (0.39H/1A)

Lots of late night people and lots more that do not raid cuz its stagnant.
But in reality, horde talent either full out quit or transfered, and the population is really really small.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Would love to see a resurgence for Dark Democracy, you guys are one of the oldest Horde guilds on the server.

<3 old school.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
If you have loyalty to either the guild that you're in or the friends that you raid with then you don't want to leave your guild/leave them. Meanwhile you find yourself a person short and try to recruit but everyone else out there is either a non-raider or also doesn't want to leave their guild/friends.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Nothing can be done, unless Blizzard opens free server transfers to Horde side only, or if by some crazy turn of events every raiders breaks off from their guild and reforms another.

That being said, it's not even about a lack of raiders, but more so a lack of effort as well. This is an old server, with old people on it. We just don't have the same drive to down content as we used to. The talented people just don't feel like playing hardcore anymore.

For example: My 10 man raids one day per week for 2-3 hours, and maybe another day for an hour if our schedules line up. Plus we only started a few weeks ago. It doesn't prevent us from downing content, but we're not going to catch Alliance on that schedule.
Reply Quote
Nothing can be done, unless Blizzard opens free server transfers to Horde side only, or if by some crazy turn of events every raiders breaks off from their guild and reforms another.

That being said, it's not even about a lack of raiders, but more so a lack of effort as well. This is an old server, with old people on it. We just don't have the same drive to down content as we used to. The talented people just don't feel like playing hardcore anymore.

For example: My 10 man raids one day per week for 2-3 hours, and maybe another day for an hour if our schedules line up. Plus we only started a few weeks ago. It doesn't prevent us from downing content, but we're not going to catch Alliance on that schedule.

Pretty much this in a nutshell. I raided on this guy in BC with SMDS and HTTC and it was the best raiding I've ever done. I swapped to my priest in Wrath and raided HC on Ayrgos and some other !@#$ server. I hated it. I hated the feeling of having a "job" to play a game.

Cata really broke my back when it came to raiding. I never bothered even trying past the first tier. I logged on, ran a few heroics and quested and also worked on professions. When LFR dropped, I did it a few times and it was fine as for as "raiding" went.

This expansion, I'm just questing, doing arch and the odd heroic and sen. I may try LFR, but as for organized raiding? Not going to happen. With returning to school, I just can't commit to anything.

Wow is still worth the $15/month to me, I just don't play like I did in BC/Wrath anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
What is hard core raiding?

We raid 3 nights a week 2.5 hours a night and are very lax on attendance policies. I hardly call us hard core but we still have to constantly pug from other guilds.

Just find it hard to believe that we cannot get some raiding going on horde side, unless people just truly do not want to raid. Which I can understand.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
DS last xpac I raided 1 to 2 nights a week for 4 hours a night and it was fantastic. Some weeks I also raided with another bear 1 to 2 nights (sometimes on Korialstrasz and sometimes on Durotan). I've tried to set up my raid group this xpac to be 3.75h 2 nights a week but I can only get 9 almost-always-able-to-make-it people (including myself). Asking in-guild and posting on these forums (over the last several days) has netted zero interested people.

This game holds no appeal for me without raiding.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
What is hard core raiding?

We raid 3 nights a week 2.5 hours a night and are very lax on attendance policies. I hardly call us hard core but we still have to constantly pug from other guilds.

Just find it hard to believe that we cannot get some raiding going on horde side, unless people just truly do not want to raid. Which I can understand.

Hehe, I wouldn't call that hardcore in general, but for me it is :P It's hard to find more than one or two nights nowadays.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
And I just disbanded my raid line tonight because more people are quitting WoW :(

ilvl 481 tauren bear tank looking for raids...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
And I just disbanded my raid line tonight because more people are quitting WoW :(

ilvl 481 tauren bear tank looking for raids...

And the hits just keeeep on coming.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I can say with confidence that LFR and LFD to a degree has dumb down the game creating an anti-social environment which facilitates little to no interaction between players.

Most old toons have quit or play little anymore and new toons post bc are used to "served on a plate" methods of getting things done. Pre-cross realm folks actually had to go out and interact if you wanted to raid. That rarely happens with an lfr.

No disrespect to anyone but the game designers have definitely made this game too convenient.

If the decision is ever made to ditch lfr/lfd there may be a resurgence of server raids.
Just my two cents.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/28/2012 07:33 PMPosted by Metal
If the decision is ever made to ditch lfr/lfd there may be a resurgence of server raids.

That is an interesting hypothesis. And perhaps that is why all the people that want to do server raiding have all gravitated to a handful of servers or one or two guilds on all the other servers.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Only way for horde to improve is if they open up free transfers to Durotan. If you're looking for raiding there are 3 options. 1) Faction transfer, as Alliance have much more options on Durotan. [sucks, I used to be horde also on another server] 2) server transfer 3) somehow try and form a raid with people in other guilds that don't wish to leave.

I've logged over to the horde side to check the AH for random !@#$, and it's dead there.
Edited by Despoina on 12/30/2012 12:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
3) somehow try and form a raid with people in other guilds that don't wish to leave.

As Novare Res is a casual friends guild, we've been doing this since Firelands and it's worked fine. Try this if it'll help get some raiding going.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Well at least Horde can always claim ownership of the Lich King statue in Dalaran.

Oh wait, nevermind, Jaina decided to destroy it. Damn, you Alliance really can't handle one defeat, eh?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
3) somehow try and form a raid with people in other guilds that don't wish to leave.

As Novare Res is a casual friends guild, we've been doing this since Firelands and it's worked fine. Try this if it'll help get some raiding going.

We have done this, but often they are already in a raid that is looking for 2-3 other players themselves and cannot leave or they piss off their GM/Raid Leaders. Which is understandable. No one wants to leave the guild they have been in for years and I am not sure we have the transient population to fix it.

Will be interesting to see how things transpire before 5.2 drops.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
12/30/2012 12:49 PMPosted by Despoina
Only way for horde to improve is if they open up free transfers to Durotan. If you're looking for raiding there are 3 options. 1) Faction transfer, as Alliance have much more options on Durotan. [sucks, I used to be horde also on another server] 2) server transfer 3) somehow try and form a raid with people in other guilds that don't wish to leave.

#1 Even if its free why would any horde toon want to join Durotan at the current Alliance (1) to every Horde (.29) ratio?
#2 Do not take offense but I would let my sub run out before I roll alliance.

#3 Due to the ratio that is extremely difficult. There are about 4 or 5 progressing guilds and two may be deemed hardcore. Leaves another 3 or so casual and they have only one raid line. Even if those guilds need a toon it's almost always a heal type.

The options are:
blizzard moves several horde guilds to Durotan and balance out the ratio or either ditch LFR/LFD, and we all know that will not happen. Ive been on this server for a very long time and have seen its decline on horde side. The last option is to leave to well populated horde server that isn't on a spoon fed diet of LFR.

I understand your points Despoina but when your in one of the top Alliance guilds your reality is different than mine.
As horde over here we are playing true doom and gloom, albeit this is just a game, I'd rather spend my gaming time more productively and for me that is raiding.

Of course, this is just my opinion. Happy New Year!
Edited by Metal on 12/31/2012 5:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/31/2012 05:24 PMPosted by Metal
Even if those guilds need a toon it's almost always a heal type.

And that is also the big issue. There are no healers to cannibalize as everyone is looking for a healer (or two). Perhaps LFR has taken what was already a fairly casual gaming community and allowed all those who played heals because they could get into a raid and let them roll as DPS as they liked because now they can.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
#1 Even if its free why would any horde toon want to join Durotan at the current Alliance (1) to every Horde (.29) ratio?

They could attempt to balance faction ratio's or just merge horde heavy servers with alliance ones.

#2 Do not take offense but I would let my sub run out before I roll alliance.

That's your own choice, I'm just stating there are other options then hoping for change.

#3 Due to the ratio that is extremely difficult. There are about 4 or 5 progressing guilds and two may be deemed hardcore. Leaves another 3 or so casual and they have only one raid line. Even if those guilds need a toon it's almost always a heal type.

There is no hardcore guilds on durotan, period, 4 hours a night for 3 days isn't hardcore. I don't recall anyone saying they wanted hardcore raiding, but to just raid. There is much more options on Alliance side than 4-5. 13-14 guilds that are 6/6 MSV or better, and no.. they aren't just looking for healers.

On a side note, I hope everyone had a good new years, I know I did. :D
Edited by Despoina on 1/1/2013 4:12 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]