Horde: Where have all the raiders gone?

90 Worgen Druid
I wasn't EVEN talking bad about breaking bad! I was JUST SAYING that lots of casual d-bags insist they can't raid because they have a life, yet they're setting aside 5 hours a day to watch TV.

Breaking bad is lame though. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Cannot say I have ever watched it.

But I don't watch TV save for Burn Notice, and it hasn't been the same after season 3.
Reply Quote
A few of us from Catalina Wine Mixer are back leveling. Not many of us around, but we currently have 4 leveling up and will most likely be raiding in the near future. Can't promise that any of us will leave guild, but we might be able to fill ranks on your raids. I think the raid times are perfect for us.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Would be nice to allow players to form Meta-Guilds or something like that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Or some of you guys who actually want to raid could just set aside your guild name and merge with another guild.

I was talking with a few guildies the other day about how some people have to make a choice between raid formats; for example, whether they should stick around in a 10-man raid that's more tight-knit, or pursue what they really want to do and find themselves a 25-man raiding guild. The discussion was concerning sympathy for those players making sacrifices and settling on a middle-ground, and whether or not they deserve any sympathy at all for the choice they ended up with.

However, with Durotan horde, it's like all you guys are in the same scenario but lowered a couple notches...

The choices for most horde guilds are to either:

1.) Be able to consistently raid AT ALL, regardless of format, by merging a coupe guilds together (assuming both guilds were interested in raiding, obviously a couple players would find themselves without a raid spot).

2.) Continue to remain in the same guild / under the same guild tag (50% chance of this happening anyways in option#1), with the same 7-man raid roster, and not raid *at all* while sitting around wishing you could be raiding.

3.) Keep on puggin'.

The state of raiding on horde-side / many guilds on alliance-side / most low-mid population realms everywhere is due to the huge abundance of low-medium pop guilds that can barely field a raiding roster, but don't want to do what is necessary to actually raid.

I'm not even going to suggest that you guys "try harder to recruit for those spots", because guess what? Every other guild out there which is on the cusp of raiding is just like yours. The only pool you have to choose from are either non-raiders/casuals, or guilds which have just recently crumbled.

In short, I have no sympathy for you guys lol. The options are all right there in front of you, but for whatever reason, you're more attached to those few words under your name / too afraid or skeptical of new people / more attached to your guildies than you are interested in pursuing what you really want to do in this game.
Reply Quote
Meh.... no one is dying to raid. I love my guild tag, mostly because it was the first of it's kind and other realms eventually picked it up. I don't see a need to drop a guild tag to raid. If we are all casual raiders, loot will work itself out. Those that are left in CWM could honestly care less about loot. We need it in order to be successful raiders, but we are after the content viewing aspect of the game.

I'm an older guy and enjoy hanging with my older friends with my older guild tag. My options are LFR, Heroics, pugs, or just dont bother... and really, any of those are fine. But if we can fill another raid in hopes of us all seeing content and gathering some gear... Great!

Please don't think that it's sympathy we are after. If we REALLY cared, we would have transferred like so many others.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
01/29/2013 04:12 PMPosted by Variat
whether or not they deserve any sympathy at all for the choice they ended up with.

I think Rags was spot on when he said

NO.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Or some of you guys who actually want to raid could just set aside your guild name and merge with another guild.

I was talking with a few guildies the other day about how some people have to make a choice between raid formats; for example, whether they should stick around in a 10-man raid that's more tight-knit, or pursue what they really want to do and find themselves a 25-man raiding guild. The discussion was concerning sympathy for those players making sacrifices and settling on a middle-ground, and whether or not they deserve any sympathy at all for the choice they ended up with.

However, with Durotan horde, it's like all you guys are in the same scenario but lowered a couple notches...

The choices for most horde guilds are to either:

1.) Be able to consistently raid AT ALL, regardless of format, by merging a coupe guilds together (assuming both guilds were interested in raiding, obviously a couple players would find themselves without a raid spot).

2.) Continue to remain in the same guild / under the same guild tag (50% chance of this happening anyways in option#1), with the same 7-man raid roster, and not raid *at all* while sitting around wishing you could be raiding.

3.) Keep on puggin'.

The state of raiding on horde-side / many guilds on alliance-side / most low-mid population realms everywhere is due to the huge abundance of low-medium pop guilds that can barely field a raiding roster, but don't want to do what is necessary to actually raid.

I'm not even going to suggest that you guys "try harder to recruit for those spots", because guess what? Every other guild out there which is on the cusp of raiding is just like yours. The only pool you have to choose from are either non-raiders/casuals, or guilds which have just recently crumbled.

In short, I have no sympathy for you guys lol. The options are all right there in front of you, but for whatever reason, you're more attached to those few words under your name / too afraid or skeptical of new people / more attached to your guildies than you are interested in pursuing what you really want to do in this game.

^ agreed with this, I like you Variat. :)

Also, Hai From Dead Poets Society. =D
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I took the free transfer from A52 to Durotan at the end of Wrath. Durotan horde was actually quite popular and with a lot of decent guilds. No Donkeys, the Democracy guilds and so on.
The community was very good, trade chat was fun chat (inb4 lol trade is for trade not talking) and even decent pugs were going on.

I'm not an original Durotan member, but when I transferred I got into a decent little guild (The Old Republic!) and did some raiding. I met some friends who I still talk to and do BGs and randoms lfg style.

I don't know, Cata just seemed to kill the server. No Donkeys transferred off and a lot of others factioned to the Alliance. (I know there are other big guilds but No Donkeys seemed to be the best as far as "hardcore raiding" goes.)

Anyway, my DK is almost 90 and he will need a possible raiding home (as a guild or a scheduled permanent cross guild pug)

TL:DR Durotan horde was good, now it is very slow ahmahgah bring back Pionius

ah the glory days.. T11 in ND was by far the best time i've ever had playing the game
Reply Quote
Aww man. These names. These guilds... I miss the old days )*:
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Got scrolled this week and decided to make a Horde alt to pass the time. Less than 7000 items on the AH. It's completely dead over there. Mind = blown
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Got scrolled this week and decided to make a Horde alt to pass the time. Less than 7000 items on the AH. It's completely dead over there. Mind = blown

Welcome to "real world of warcraft"....we have homeless everywhere....we have undeads who cant afford to fix there jaws. We have Taurens selling meat from there bodies to get money for food for there families...orcs dieing at sea for our "Warchief"....cant even afford to put stuff up for auction
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
08/13/2013 10:23 AMPosted by Kickapøø

Welcome to "real world of warcraft"....we have homeless everywhere....we have undeads who cant afford to fix there jaws. We have Taurens selling meat from there bodies to get money for food for there families...orcs dieing at sea for our "Warchief"....cant even afford to put stuff up for auction

"I have opinions of my own --strong opinions-- but I don't always agree with them."
- George Bush
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]