natures vigil being changed.

90 Tauren Druid
Nature's Vigil did Increases all damage and healing done by 20% for 30 sec. With 5.2 it will be 10% for 30 sec. 1.5 min cooldown.

source, along with other changes.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I like the FoN change:
" INTERNAL ERROR Couldn't parse description. "

Otherwise, if it keeps the 25% damage->healing (and vice versa) part at full strength, I'll happily take the buffed ability.

Though I think it's a bit early to discuss changes in detail, I'd imagine a lot will change during the PTR.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
As a boomkin, I really like this change. To do enough damage to kill people, it felt like I needed to blow both cooldowns at the same time. Once those were down it felt like I was just shooting pillows at people.

Now maybe I'll have a little more juice behind my spells more often.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Well that makes DoC a no brainer for feral now in pve... given both alternate options are totally useless if this change goes in in 5.2. As it stands... NV was pretty decent coupled with berserk...
Edited by Waraila on 12/21/2012 5:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
As a boomkin, I really like this change. To do enough damage to kill people, it felt like I needed to blow both cooldowns at the same time. Once those were down it felt like I was just shooting pillows at people.

Don't take this as an insult but you have no idea what you are talking about. This change is terrible in every possible way.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Don't take this as an insult but you have no idea what you are talking about. This change is terrible in every possible way.

I don't take it as an insult because it's true. I don't have any idea what I'm talking about because I just started on my boomkin maybe two months ago. I like this change still, either way.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
For DPS, yeah, it's a nerf, though since they wanted to attack cooldown stacking it's not entirely unexpected.

For soloing, which I care about, it's a pretty significant buff. So I'm happy :D.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

hai glasse ilu <3.

This change upsets me.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I'll be fighting against this Nature's Vigil change.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Come on folks, we knew this was coming. Blizzard has been fairly vocal about cooldown stacking in PVP as of late, and while our performance in PVP is debateable, the fact we can stack cooldowns is not.

If this is incredibly damaging to PVE performance especially, I imagine there'll be some form of compensation, and given the situation in PVP right now, I'm more inclined to think we'd do better proving that PVE will take a nasty hit, and suggest some reasonable alternatives that will compensate.
Edited by Teranin on 12/21/2012 7:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
12/21/2012 07:16 PMPosted by Teranin
If this is incredibly damaging to PVE performance especially, I imagine there'll be some form of compensation,

How though? They'll just claim we have HoTW and DoC... and HoTW is the weakest option in the entire tier...

DoC is our only PvE option if the NV change goes live because as it stands on live right now it's slightly higher than NV. This change will catapult the disparity even higher... forcing us into the DoC rotation. That also means we are forced to take natures swiftness for the instacast HT to allow us to use it with rip... again neutering the whole 'talents should be choices' rubbish they sold this talent tree to us with.

./end rant.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
The damage nerf to NV sucks, but it still lasts 30 seconds, with the CD cut in half.

I am absolutely horrible at math and theorycrafting, but off the top of my head this should "normalize" our damage output in PVE and prevent the free-falling we experience in between damage spikes with CDs up. I don't really know if this is a good or bad thing, though.

I'm more concerned about how the lower CD will interact with our other CDs. We still want to use it with Incarnation I'm assuming. So... that sort of means if we screw up and don't pop it again the second it comes off cooldown, it'll really mess with our Incarnation synergy past the opener.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
How though? They'll just claim we have HoTW and DoC... and HoTW is the weakest option in the entire tier...

DoC is our only PvE option if the NV change goes live because as it stands on live right now it's slightly higher than NV. This change will catapult the disparity even higher... forcing us into the DoC rotation. That also means we are forced to take natures swiftness for the instacast HT to allow us to use it with rip... again neutering the whole 'talents should be choices' rubbish they sold this talent tree to us with.

./end rant.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not enthusiastic about these changes. I'm simply stating that we knew it was coming - whether we're the culprits or not - and there is work to be done if we're to prove that A: the change is going to slaughter us in PVE, and B: to show that there is a way to keep our situation in said PVE reasonable without compensating the lost burst in PVP.

These developers aren't stupid ... but neither are they experts at keeping full tabs on how 34 specs are performing in two completely seperate aspects of the game where AoE, burst, and sustained are all complicated factors.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
NV change is a straight up DPS / survivability buff for Guardians.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Come on folks, we knew this was coming. Blizzard has been fairly vocal about cooldown stacking in PVP as of late, and while our performance in PVP is debateable, the fact we can stack cooldowns is not.

If this is incredibly damaging to PVE performance especially, I imagine there'll be some form of compensation, and given the situation in PVP right now, I'm more inclined to think we'd do better proving that PVE will take a nasty hit, and suggest some reasonable alternatives that will compensate.

I'll be running SotF now. It's really THAT bad. It's just another cooldown to track, and we have enough of those.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
i do not approve, feral heals is weak enough as it is. i know the cd is reduced by a lot but i kinda need that extra 10% kick in my heal... can we reduce the dmg but keep the heal power blizz?

or nerf incarnation instead?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
They are obviously nerfing cookie cutter abilities and buffing other ones. They gave natures vigil a nerf but buffed sotf and force of nature. They need to gtfo with that typhoon nerf tho, don't you dare touch typhoon, whats the point neways, its a situational ability.
Edited by Blackklisted on 12/21/2012 8:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/21/2012 08:58 PMPosted by Blackklisted
They are obviously nerfing cookie cutter abilities and buffing other ones. They gave natures vigil a nerf but buffed sotf and force of nature. They need to gtfo with that typhoon nerf tho, don't you dare touch typhoon, whats the point neways, its a situational ability.

lol right? it's not my fault when healers are retarded and stand right THERE where they're so easily knocked off.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Yet another case where PvE gets nerfed because of PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
This is horrible for moonkins... I can't believe they have succumbed to the pvp QQ about ferals and made such a wide sweeping change. Not only were moonkins not op in pvp and hurt us there, but in pve this will be a straight up nerf.. meanwhile if the datamining is correct, arcane mages got a buff.. wtf?
Edited by Halfatree on 12/21/2012 9:17 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]