natures vigil being changed.

90 Troll Druid
They could make the heal 50% more powerful to Guardian and keep the 3min CD.......and then fix DOC and HOTW
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
12/26/2012 02:28 PMPosted by Cyous
They could make the heal 50% more powerful to Guardian and keep the 3min CD.......and then fix DOC and HOTW

I don't think that fixes the cooldown stacking problem they're going after.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
12/26/2012 03:58 PMPosted by Arielle

I don't think that fixes the cooldown stacking problem they're going after.

It's Incarnation which makes burst ridiculous.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/26/2012 11:16 AMPosted by Arielle
Spamming Mangle during Incarnation/Berserk (which is what you use it for) is actually a DPS loss at high Vengeance since Lacerate actually scales better.

Ah okay, so on a very low vengeance fight (Garalon?) this might mean less guardian DPS but most fights it will be an increase?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
12/26/2012 11:34 PMPosted by Vorticose
Ah okay, so on a very low vengeance fight (Garalon?) this might mean less guardian DPS but most fights it will be an increase?
Yes. But the DPS difference is pretty negligible since we don't CD stack to the extent the DPS specs do.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
12/26/2012 11:34 PMPosted by Vorticose

It doesn't need to be "very" low. Looking at our logs, with a decent (504) weapon, they're pretty much identical impact damage as high as H-windlord/H-stone guard (on 10-man). You really need to get hard-hitting bosses for lacerate to actually pull ahead.

Unless of course you let the DoT drop off during those spells, which if you aren't concerned about DPS, you might.
Edited by Ahanss on 12/26/2012 11:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
We will be less bursty but we'll have better sustained damage when NV is used correctly.

It's clear Blizzard recognizes that our burst damage is too high; I'm inclined to agree; and I think this change is needed.

For Balance Druids, they are also buffing SoTF to give 40 energy after an Eclipse rather than 20 and buffing FoN for an unknown damage increase which will hopefully bring those 2 talents in line with Incarnation. I have a feeling though SoTF will pull ahead simply because Eclipse is our main mechanic and the more we use it the more our DPS will go up.

The only awkward thing now is that NV is 1.5 minutes when the rest of our cooldowns are 3 minutes which can be a little annoying especially if you don't use NV on cooldown but instead use it on trinket and weapon procs so it might be hard to line up with your other cooldowns.

At any rate, the patch notes are far from final, the PTR isn't even up yet. Because of this, talk about PTR changes are kind of pointless until the servers are at least up to test the changes. I'm sure if NV is nerfed for Ferals and the only choice is then to do DoC they will balance out DoC to match NV.

Only time will tell.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]