Simple 5.2 MW Fix

90 Human Monk
I personally feel as if Renewing Mists worked more dynamically it would be fine. We should either be able to force them to select new targets or they should pick new targets halfway through their duration.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/25/2012 04:44 PMPosted by Kharaa
In addition, uplift heals targets with renewing mist on them for 15% more than targets with no ReM. Uplift would prefer injured targets with ReM over targets with ReM over injured targets, but greatly prefers farther away targets over any of that (Possibly looks at all targets 30-40 yards away, then 20-30 if none exist, ect). If uplift hits a target with ReM, but the target is already at full hp, ReM moves to the nearest (farthest with glyph) target with no ReM active.

The only thing I'm really affraid in that is the complexity level for both the programmers to setup AND the players to execute properly. The current range factor in ReM spreading is already quite stupid to handle (aka it's why ReM is so random rather than somewhat controlled). There is definitely potential in that thought (although I would prefer a ReM fix than making uplift a simili-chain heal) but there definitely needs to be more thoughts put into it such that it's easier to handle for both the programmer and the player.

12/25/2012 04:44 PMPosted by Kharaa
Anyway that might be ridiculously overpowered, or insanely clunky to use, but I`m sitting at grandma`s house with no internet for my computer and nothing to do except eat cookies and browse on my phone. :(

I'm affraid it would be mostly ridiculously overpowered unless they nerfed uplifts' potential HPC to the ground. Also, welcome to boring christmas vacations. Hell I'm 28 moving on to a new job and I'm stuck at my parents for a few days and I'm also dying in boredom.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/25/2012 06:41 PMPosted by Onochang
I personally feel as if Renewing Mists worked more dynamically it would be fine. We should either be able to force them to select new targets or they should pick new targets halfway through their duration.

Yup. It's really the main reason why uplift is so clucky. It's also why 25m raiders had to move to Chi Burst instead of uplift for primary filler.

There has been quite a few proposed changes. I would love to see an OFF GCD free spell with say a ~6s cd that would "force" all current ReMs to swap. Issue is with the current range based spreading, I'm sure something like that would create a lot of !@#$ups (read ReMs "disappearing" because they jumped to the same target).

I wish there was a simple obvious solution (and one that wouldn't be a mess with current implementation). I'm affraid they need both to rework ReM spreading mechanics to be independant from distance and then look at the duration/number of targets(for potential 25m fix)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
There has been a lot of complaints that our AOE healing is random and clunky. Here is a simple fix based on the current 5.2 notes.

Our random AOE healing can be solved with one spell, Uplift.

This is what the tooltip should say:

Uplift
2 chi
Heal 5 of the lowest hp allys for x healing. If an ally with Renewing Mist is healed, Renewing Mist will jump to the closest ally at half the duration of the original Renewing Mist.

Glyph of Uplift
Your Uplift will heal the 5 lowest HP allys for x healing (60% of normal uplift) and gain Renewing Mist at 30% duration.

This solves a lot of problems.
It's dependable AoE healing
No Renewing Mist requirements to heal where it's needed = what we need.
Helps 25man raiders spread Renewing Mist.
Creates better Thunder Focus Tea usage - so we can use it when the damage is happening rather than using it before it happens... no more wasted chi.

Makes our level 30 talents actual CHOICES rather than must picks.

Blizzard LOVES random. Just look at elemental shamans!

Mistweavers WILL NOT be good healers until next expansion, if at all. Blizzard refuses to spend the time overhauling a class to make it worth bringing to a raid.

My advice: reroll, and dont try to give advice to blizzard. GC has stated they take nothing we say seriously until it is so genius that they realize they have to make the change.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock

Mistweavers WILL NOT be good healers until next expansion, if at all. Blizzard refuses to spend the time overhauling a class to make it worth bringing to a raid.

My advice: reroll, and dont try to give advice to blizzard. GC has stated they take nothing we say seriously until it is so genius that they realize they have to make the change.

You say this as if Mistweaver wasn't a great healer until just a patch cycle ago... and as if Blizzard hasn't already shown they're willing to put serious dev work into the class mid-expansion.

Don't be melodramatic, it just weakens the image of the class as a whole.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk

You say this as if Mistweaver wasn't a great healer until just a patch cycle ago... and as if Blizzard hasn't already shown they're willing to put serious dev work into the class mid-expansion.

ReM is our ONLY efficient method of raid healing. And its current AI makes it virtually random. So what you get is a healer that has completely random healing. Sure on fights with lots of raid damage to several people we can push to top the charts, but when spot heals are needed MW's fall completely short. We also still cannot tank heal efficiently. Only a fool can claim MW's are a good healer that are worthy of being considered as good as a holy paladin, shaman, or priest.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk

Actually, if you review the stats at raidbots/WoL, the decline of monk healers started before the patch went live. This is borne out by the dearth of monks on top of the rankings in terrace and, for the most part, HoF, across all difficulties and sizes. The patch plus hot-fix overnerf 3 days later just sealed the deal.

Sure the release version MW was out of control broken but the hot-fix nerfs + buffs to other specs put MW behind other specs with far more versatility (lol @ mw tank healing) and utility. The pre-PTR patch notes aren't encouraging either even if it is mostly just the tooltip corrections for the hot-fix nerfs. The change to chi-burst in particular will be pretty hard to work around without vast improvements to RM spreading.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock

Actually, if you review the stats at raidbots/WoL, the decline of monk healers started before the patch went live. This is borne out by the dearth of monks on top of the rankings in terrace and, for the most part, HoF, across all difficulties and sizes. The patch plus hot-fix overnerf 3 days later just sealed the deal.

Sure the release version MW was out of control broken but the hot-fix nerfs + buffs to other specs put MW behind other specs with far more versatility (lol @ mw tank healing) and utility. The pre-PTR patch notes aren't encouraging either even if it is mostly just the tooltip corrections for the hot-fix nerfs. The change to chi-burst in particular will be pretty hard to work around without vast improvements to RM spreading.

Oh I agree that they're !@#$ty changes all around (I half like the T2 talent changes, but I don't like losing access to a chi dump when we already have so few). I just don't think responses like that really help. You don't want us to be the new resto druids here.
Edited by Leviathan on 12/27/2012 3:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk

Oh I agree that they're !@#$ty changes all around (I half like the T2 talent changes, but I don't like losing access to a chi dump when we already have so few). I just don't think responses like that really help. You don't want us to be the new resto druids here.

OH i get it now. You're an idiot! Our chi dumps are a raid heal and a tank heal. Then we have 2 chi dumps to buff eminence healing. THat's 4 chi dumps. You're qqing because you want more options? This is a pretty good buff tbh, you can just toss on a chi wave during a burst damage phase. Since everyone rocks ascendence you can just get to 5 chi, BOOM raid damage, chi wave - uplift - uplift - expel harm - uplift. That's what? 600k+ healing within 5 GCD's? It's good healing (half a healing tide every 15 seconds), but it's still random. And no one likes random *cough* elemental shamans *cough*
Reply Quote

OH i get it now. You're an idiot! Our chi dumps are a raid heal and a tank heal. Then we have 2 chi dumps to buff eminence healing. THat's 4 chi dumps. You're qqing because you want more options? This is a pretty good buff tbh, you can just toss on a chi wave during a burst damage phase. Since everyone rocks ascendence you can just get to 5 chi, BOOM raid damage, chi wave - uplift - uplift - expel harm - uplift. That's what? 600k+ healing within 5 GCD's? It's good healing (half a healing tide every 15 seconds), but it's still random. And no one likes random *cough* elemental shamans *cough*

First off, no need to be nasty. And secondly, Eminence is supposed to be an optional way to heal, so those chi dumps aren't particularly strong and if you don't like Fistweaving, you're limited to just EM and Uplift. Uplift is good, but as everyone is saying, the random healing sucks, and EM appears to be getting another nerf, which makes spending chi on it even less attractive (though you're still gonna want to cast it for single target healing regardless) So unless you like doing melee while healing, that's only 2 chi dumps. Commenting on the fact that MW doesn't have that many chi dumps doesn't make him an idiot. I like one of the ideas posted above, where you could force Renewing Mist to swap to people that don't have it. That might be an interesting chi dump (on a short cooldown or something).

I like the t2 talent changes in that they no longer cost chi, since Brewmasters were basically unable to cast them due to all of the other chi dumps they have, but 30 seconds feels a bit long for Chi Burst. The change to Zen Sphere is neat, though.

But anyway, his point was that the gloom and doom responses don't really help at all.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Your monk is who, OP?

Thanks.

Riôt
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
12/27/2012 03:58 PMPosted by Flintte
and EM appears to be getting another nerf

Pretty sure we've all come to the realization those are tooltip changes and/or bad datamining by MMO champ.

10 chi dumps or 1 chi dump, mistweavers will ALWAYS dump chi on the most efficient heal. QQing that what you used to dump chi on is now free is moronic. No intelligent person can argue that getting free stuff is bad. That is why he is an idiot that should get off the forums, because his opinion is 99% useless. The 1% is because we get to laugh at him, and laughing helps make people happy. The fact of the matter is the changes are ONLY a buff, and yes we all hate uplift because it is random. But that is also why i have already rerolled shaman. Blizzard CAN NOT fix mistweavers until they either:

Cut ReM mana cost, cooldown, and duration in half, while making it bounce immediately instead of waiting for a "heal"

Detach uplift from ReM

Remove TFT CD and make it cause ReM to duplicate its healing to a nearby wounded ally instead of refreshing ReM

Remove the Mistweaver specialization and replace it with a ranged dps spec

Remove Sothing mist, CJL, SCK, all tier 2 talents, ReM, Uplift, and enveloping mist and add a glyph that allows healing spheres to be targeted instead of ground placed.

Knowing blizzard, either none of these changes will happen or they will make the last mentioned changes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Your monk is who, OP?

Thanks.

Riôt

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/Feaums/advanced
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]