Any upcoming MMORPGs look good?

90 Pandaren Monk
DAoC sequal?! If its anything like the original, id be all over that game. I didnt even hear about that until now thanks. Apparently the lead dev from DAoC is working on it?

Yes to the dev, no technically to the sequel; it's more of a spiritual successor. Different company, but the factions are similar because they're based on real world cultures. Interestingly in one interview I saw, he implied that he technically has the rights needed to make it a true sequel, but chose not to. I'm guessing that either he wasn't 100% true in that statement, or just didn't want to deal with the baggage that would come with making it a sequel as a different company.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
02/25/2013 02:02 PMPosted by Pìggie
Wildstar looks really good to me. Personally I think the concept and mechanics will be the game's selling point but the lore itself is lacking, but I think that'll be easily fixed.

Really wish it wasn't associated with NCSoft. Got the videos introducing the factions earlier this week and the game seems to have a pretty good sense of humor about it and kind of a Star Wars Rebels vs. Empire feel to it.

Be funny if it ends up doing better than ToR

If I hear really good things once it's out maybe I'll give it a shot. But I am loathed to give NCsoft another dime of my money every again.
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Paladin
I've usually been pretty leery of F2P games, but I'm looking forward to trying out Marvel Heroes Online.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/28/2013 04:14 PMPosted by Banithen
I've usually been pretty leery of F2P games, but I'm looking forward to trying out Marvel Heroes Online.

Cosmetic/convenience items only.

And while it does have public zones, it is still far closer to ARPG than MMO mechanically. Solid so far though, and they do seem to be doing a decent job of listening to beta feedback.
Reply Quote
97 Undead Warlock
Planetside 2 all the way. Check out this new trailer made by a fan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=i8614ejqYC4
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Bloody hell....

Wildstar is sounding better and better, finding myself stuck between my interest in the game and my absolute hatred for NCSoft.

New video finally gives a really good look and what they are going for with this.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/what_is_wildstar.php/?utm_source=newsletter_wildstar&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email_na_20130320&utm_content=video

Guess I'll shift to wait and see. Maybe by the time it comes out my loathing of NCsoft will have lessened.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Camelot Unchained is in the middle of it's Kickstarter. Below is the link and some information about the game. 10 Days left to become a backer.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

This game is built upon three main pillars of gameplay, RvR, crafting and housing. These will receive all the development love they need to be great, and all these systems will be in place when we go LIVE. What differentiates Camelot Unchained from other games with similar systems is that we will tightly intertwine these pillars with each other. Here are some key elements for crafting and housing:

·Camelot Unchained features a totally player-driven economy. There won’t be drops from the NPCs, no redeemable tokens or anything like that.

·There will be a “pure” crafter class with its own unique leveling track.

·There will be no auction house for player-created items. Crafters can have their own stores and either sell there or directly to players in a bazaar-like setting.

·Crafters will be able to build a wide variety of items, including weapons, armor, siege equipment and more.

·Our housing system will allow players to construct everything from huts to mines, and to fortify and rebuild massive structures.

·Players will be able to build structures throughout the world, in both safe and contested areas.

We will go into more detail about these systems, but in the meantime, for more information about them, please refer to the Foundational Principles on our website (www.camelotunchained.com)
Mark has always called his online games evolutionary with a mix of revolutionary features. This one will be no different, as it will draw a lot of inspiration from “old school” games and MMORPGs while also mixing in some new features. In the rush to cash in on the WoW phenomenon, publishers/designers tried to simply “out-WoW WoW”, leading to most MMORPGs becoming more risk-averse, more “casual player”-focused, and overall, less challenging. This produced, among other things, a loss of the pride and sense of accomplishment that came from succeeding in the older, more difficult titles. We're not talking about spawn-camping for 24 hours straight, but rather the sense of pride from succeeding in a challenging game rather than one which hands you everything on a silver platter. In CU, you will have to earn your skills by deeds, and they will increase slowly over time. Magical items will not be found everywhere like road-kill on highways, so gamers won’t feel the pressure to “keep up with the Gandalfs.”
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
I was excited about the Neverwinter MMO but the fact that they decided to cap end game @ 5 person affairs turns me off to it.
Reply Quote
70 Dwarf Monk
Wildstar looks like a Team Fortress MMO for some reason lol, maybe the style of the trailer. Could be good...
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
I was excited about the Neverwinter MMO but the fact that they decided to cap end game @ 5 person affairs turns me off to it.

The more I can do without having to have a huge guild full of people I can't stand the better off it is for me.

That's my major drawback to any and all sandbox games, including Everquest Next.

I. Do. Not. Want. To. Rely. On. Other. Players. For. Anything.

I don't want to join a guild to raid.
I don't want to join a guild to get groups in a reasonable time frame as a non heal/tank/buff class.
I don't want to be forced to log in and kiss the butt of people I can't stand to do things in game.

Sounds bad, yes? That's why I'm still here. Dungeon finder and raid finder. Gear and experiencing content without having to fart around for hours to get a group, and I never have to see those bad, arrogant, rude players ever again.

Win win for me.

Guess it's bad if you want lasting friendships. I don't. I don't care to. That's what my friends outside game are for.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Well since the speculation goes that WoW will be moved to free to play soon, the upcoming replacement to a blizzard mmo is Titan. Not much is known yet but it is sure to be the next best thing. Until then look at Elder Scrolls online.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
The leaked footage of Elder Scrolls Online looks absolutely horrible. It doesn't look like a WoW clone. It looks like an Age of Conan clone.

I am not sure why people are so hyped about a game being developed by the same people who brought you Warhammer Online and Star Wars: Old Republic.

I will give it to those Mythic guys, they sure know how to hype a game!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

I. Do. Not. Want. To. Rely. On. Other. Players. For. Anything.

I don't want to join a guild to raid.
I don't want to join a guild to get groups in a reasonable time frame as a non heal/tank/buff class.
I don't want to be forced to log in and kiss the butt of people I can't stand to do things in game.

Have you considered playing single player games or coop type games then? Cause if you don't want to rely on other players for anything, MMOs aren't for you.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
Have you considered playing single player games or coop type games then? Cause if you don't want to rely on other players for anything, MMOs aren't for you.

Been playing MMORPGs just fine now since about 2003. Including this one.

And when I say "other players" I'm referring to "static community".

I don't want to make friends. I don't want to do things with the same people every time. I don't want to have to make a long friends list of tanks/healers to nag when I log in, nor do I want to be forced to play a tank/healer/buffer in order to get groups within 20-30 minutes.

I've *had* it with sitting LFG for 3-4 hours on end trying to get groups done as an undesirable class. That's why the dungeon finder's so great. I get stuck in a group of people that are there for the same end goal and I never have to see them again if they're jackwagons. Someone rage quits? Great. Replacement in minutes without having to go back to town and advertise for another hour.

No need to join a super huge guild full of faceless numbers in order to have a central pool of people to do anything with.

No need to join a guild full of people I don't like to raid. Flat out said it. I join raid guilds because of their progression, not because of the people in it. I find nice people I get along with in the game suck at the game and I don't have the desire to help them get better, nor the patience for it.

This game's spoiled me.

And single player games are absolutely ridiculously boring.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Well since the speculation goes that WoW will be moved to free to play soon, the upcoming replacement to a blizzard mmo is Titan. Not much is known yet but it is sure to be the next best thing. Until then look at Elder Scrolls online.

err that's just made up retard speak of it going free to play. WoW is NOT built for that model. it would take a massive redesign and basically monetise every facet of the game we are used to.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I don't want to make friends. I don't want to do things with the same people every time. I don't want to have to make a long friends list of tanks/healers to nag when I log in, nor do I want to be forced to play a tank/healer/buffer in order to get groups within 20-30 minutes.

I've *had* it with sitting LFG for 3-4 hours on end trying to get groups done as an undesirable class. That's why the dungeon finder's so great. I get stuck in a group of people that are there for the same end goal and I never have to see them again if they're jackwagons. Someone rage quits? Great. Replacement in minutes without having to go back to town and advertise for another hour.

No need to join a super huge guild full of faceless numbers in order to have a central pool of people to do anything with.

No need to join a guild full of people I don't like to raid. Flat out said it. I join raid guilds because of their progression, not because of the people in it. I find nice people I get along with in the game suck at the game and I don't have the desire to help them get better, nor the patience for it.

This game's spoiled me.

And single player games are absolutely ridiculously boring.

So you're basically saying you don't want to be social in a game that revolves around social activity.

Excuse me, my logic just went esplode there...

And how are single player games boring when that's basically what you're doing in MMOs, playing it as a single player game? You don't want to group with people, you don't want to socialize with people, you don't want to make friends within the game, you don't want to join a guild, you don't care about your guildmates as long as it benefits you, it's fine, you don't want to help people get better at the game... Seriously, your game play is basically the exact same of playing a single player RPG.

I mean, I played some games in the past that freaking REQUIRED for everything to do in a group (Dark Ages by Nexon, NexusTK, RO to some degree, FFXI when it first launched), and that was extreme even for me. I don't like games where unless you're in a group, you can't do anything. But you're on the other end of this extreme, where you don't want to do anything with anyone at all.

There has to be some sort of balance between solo play and group play. If everything was solo play, there would be no point in playing a game with a bunch of other people on a server, there would be no reason to have a server full of people, because that's what single player RPGs are.

I can understand not wanting to socialize once in a while in MMOs, there are days where I just feel like doing my own thing. But all the time, I don't think so.

Sorry, but you are REALLY playing the wrong type of games if you don't want to socialize at all in a MMO. Heck, I can't even name a single MMO where all you do is solo play.
Reply Quote
9 Worgen Warlock
05/01/2013 01:14 AMPosted by Eztweak
Well since the speculation goes that WoW will be moved to free to play soon,

lol, who is speculating this? That's ridiculous, and false.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
World of Darkness is certainly sounding interesting

http://www.penny-arcade.com/report/article/the-world-of-darkness-will-offer-you-a-world-of-vampires-to-conquer-bu

If anyone can make a game centered on Player Driven content it's the guys who made EvE
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'm looking forward to ESO. My beta application said my chances of getting in are "above average" (I basically wrote an essay @_@) so fingers crossed.

You wrote an essay? I just tried bribing them with cookies and milk in the end LOL

With all the people dropping out of beta sign ups, because they are tired of waiting, our chances just got brighter I hope. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]