Any upcoming MMORPGs look good?

90 Night Elf Druid
05/01/2013 08:24 AMPosted by Warloff
he leaked footage of Elder Scrolls Online looks absolutely horrible. It doesn't look like a WoW clone. It looks like an Age of Conan clone.

I havnt followed ESO at all but I did hear about this leaked footage. First of all, the game is in very early beta phase. Second the quality of the footage apparently was complete crap.

Soo of course the leaked footage is going to look crappy. There is a reason why there is an NDA on such beta's, because the game is far from a finished product.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The leaked footage of Elder Scrolls Online looks absolutely horrible. It doesn't look like a WoW clone. It looks like an Age of Conan clone.

I am not sure why people are so hyped about a game being developed by the same people who brought you Warhammer Online and Star Wars: Old Republic.

I will give it to those Mythic guys, they sure know how to hype a game!

ESO is Zenimax online. Not Mythic.

As for the leaked footage, it was purposly made to look bad, and it was from an early alpha build that predated teh beta build in PAX.

I promise you, give me the greatest game in the world and I can make it look bad in a low quality gameplay video.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Check out the resumes of the guys working at Zenimax.

Lets look look at what Zenimax says about themselves:

Our President was one of the founders of Mythic Entertainment and was the producer of Dark Age of Camelot and lots of other titles there. Our team is made of many other people who worked at Mythic.
Edited by Warloff on 5/6/2013 6:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
MMO's tend to attract developers from other MMO's. It's still not mythic.

Personally, I don't mind. DAoC was a legend in it's day, so like all games I'll give it a try before casting judgement.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

Check out the resumes of the guys working at Zenimax.

Lets look look at what Zenimax says about themselves:

Our President was one of the founders of Mythic Entertainment and was the producer of Dark Age of Camelot and lots of other titles there. Our team is made of many other people who worked at Mythic.

Mythic was a great company back in its day. Everyone agree's DAoC was a great game. Infact ive put more time into DAoC than I ever have WoW. It was when EA bought out the company that they started to go downhill.

There is no denying that many of the original developers that were a part of mythic were pretty talented and knew how to make a great pvp game.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Everyone agree's DAoC was a great game.

They do? I must have missed the memo.

I got conned into this goatrope back in its beta. It sucked then. But it was beta, so who knew?

Guild (EQ) decided it's going to give it a go. So off to DAoC. It still sucked, but got to level 30ish before I'd had enough and pulled the plug. PvP? Heh, never saw it until very late and then wished I never had.

Round 2 a year later:

Went to Gaheris with a few friends from the old EQ guild. Actually had fun for a few months (PvE don't you know...), but bailed when greener pastures opened up.

Hmmm...looks like a lot of disagreement there. Point invalidated!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
honestly have to consider who is responsible for bad games.

Is it the developers who F'ed up somehow or is it the Publishers who force a checklist of "marketable components" on them in exchange for funding the game.

The recent wave of Kickstarted video games has me very curious to see what comes out when the Publishing companies are removed from the process.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Rogue
honestly have to consider who is responsible for bad games.

Is it the developers who F'ed up somehow or is it the Publishers who force a checklist of "marketable components" on them in exchange for funding the game.

The recent wave of Kickstarted video games has me very curious to see what comes out when the Publishing companies are removed from the process.

The first generation of Kickstarters will range from less than good to very decent. They will give Kickstarter games some cred and more money will roll in. It's the second and third generations that will have the out and out flops.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
05/07/2013 10:57 AMPosted by Rashadril

I got conned into this goatrope back in its beta. It sucked then. But it was beta, so who knew?

Guild (EQ) decided it's going to give it a go. So off to DAoC. It still sucked, but got to level 30ish before I'd had enough and pulled the plug. PvP? Heh, never saw it until very late and then wished I never had.

Round 2 a year later:

Went to Gaheris with a few friends from the old EQ guild. Actually had fun for a few months (PvE don't you know...), but bailed when greener pastures opened up.

Only if you took the point in it's literal sense.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
05/07/2013 10:57 AMPosted by Rashadril

Round 2 a year later:

Just because you did not technically enjoy the game doesnt mean it wasnt a great MMO. It was prolly the second most popular MMO before WoW for a reason.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]