Haste Breakpoints

90 Gnome Warlock
I've been doing some reading online and am trying to straighten out if I should be gearing for a certain hate breakpoint or just going for mastery. Ive seen a couple numbers floating around like haste (4717) > mastery > haste, and others show haste till 4198. Just looking for some opinions here as im at 4303 and rest into mastery.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
It depends on your gear level and exactly how much haste and mastery you will have total.

Will you be sacrificing a significant amount of mastery to get to a break point? Then don't get it. Could always just SimCraft your gear to find the balance for you.

Also, here is a spreadsheet with the exact numbers:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsDL8HE-bGDVdFFVWlIzbzQ5RFJJZGFyQ25xZmFYa0E#gid=7
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Thanks looks like I found some numbers to work with. Also forgot to add that I am affliction for raiding, I normally logout as demo for questing. But looks like 4717 or 3040 is what im looking for right now, just got to find out what im sacerficing in Mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=44

Nice website for any DoT classes to see what your thresholds should be. The google doc spreadsheet is basically the same thing and goes really in depth with the math, but the totemspot thing is prettier.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=44

Nice website for any DoT classes to see what your thresholds should be. The google doc spreadsheet is basically the same thing and goes really in depth with the math, but the totemspot thing is prettier.

Out of curiosity, why is your haste not hugging a break? Is it a better stat weight?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock

Out of curiosity, why is your haste not hugging a break? Is it a better stat weight?

It is hugging a breakpoint ~ 6637 for the UA tick. Unfortunately, with where his mastery/hit are currently at, I can hardly see that as being ideal.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Just testing things. I'm able to hit the next UA tick at the expense of a crap ton of mastery. Sims are great and all but you can't really see how things work in real situations til you try them out yourself. Might turn out that dropping down to the previous threshold and dumping the extra haste into mastery is better.
Edited by Loktronotron on 1/1/2013 12:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
01/01/2013 12:13 AMPosted by Loktronotron
Just testing things. I'm able to hit the next UA tick at the expense of a crap ton of mastery. Sims are great and all but you can't really see how things work in real situations til you try them out yourself. Might turn out that dropping down to the previous threshold and dumping the extra haste into mastery is better.

Ok, thanks for following up :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]