Best Solo class?

85 Dwarf Paladin
Just coming back after a long break, which class is best at soloing old content and maybe pushing newer content? Still DK or are pallys good now to? What about monks?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
I believe Blood DK's are still at the top for soloing old content. Monk is a great solo class and is my new favorite for soloing which used to be Paladin.

As far as pushing new content I might be mistaken but think each tank class is in a good spot.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Brewmaster and DK for sure

Brew master most fun Imo

I have both.. Plus a druid tank... With is a beast also but doesn't pump out the dps like the brew master... U have to keep in mind when soloing recent old content.. If that makes sense

U also need good dps not just survivability
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I have soloed up to level 78 so far in 3 weeks with my WW monk and its been a blast and very easy. DPS with healing makes for great soloing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Monks are simply amazing for soloing old content. I have done stuff I have yet to try on my alts, but I have a feeling it would be more difficult on them, except for maybe my DK.

For old raids, most fights I think you would want to be windwalker spec, although if you can pull good dps in brewmaster spec that probably would be fine too. I've never tried it though. Patchwerk, I had to go Mistweaver, but I'm sure better WWs would have no probs. My WW gear sucks, and I have very little experience at it. But so far, all I've tried has been a blast.

As far as current content, I'd say paladins are just average, DK's are godly (boring though), and monks are pretty good and quite fun. DPS may be even better come the next patch. We'll see :) But they are not bad by any means right now. Tanks, well, if you're good, you're good, maybe even great, if you're not, you're horrible (from a healer perspective).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'd say Brewmasters are amazing for soloing....I actually soloed Hellfire Ramparts around 61-62 as Brewmaster. I mean, soloing current level (or 1-2 levels before) dungeons, really awesome! It was't as fast as it would be now at 90 but it was still awesome that I was SOLOING a dungeon like that!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Monks are really good, but not as good as DK I think. There are some fights you will have issue with due to the damage you take (Patchwerk on 25M for example). I know you can do all of BC as WW. You can do most of Wrath 10M as WW. The rest you can certainly do as BM. I've cleared two wings of Naxx 25M as BM, and was able to do KT 25M as WW. Done some Cata heroics as monk, though most of them have weird gimicks that can make solo difficult if not impossible (e.g. Bloodlord in ZG, bear boss in ZA).

With iLvl 500-ish gear I would imagine all of Wrath should be doable 25M, barring mechancis, as well as Cata heroic 5-man and some 10-man raids. If not BiS this patch then a future one for sure. You'll probably have some DKs soloing 25M Cata raids by end of MOP though.
Edited by Lightning on 1/2/2013 2:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Good luck soloing icecrown citadel.

Healers are required and ya know, the instantkills. =p
Reply Quote
53 Human Warrior
01/02/2013 11:43 AMPosted by Tsungi
I have soloed up to level 78 so far in 3 weeks with my WW monk and its been a blast and very easy. DPS with healing makes for great soloing.

This was good input for people looking to level.

But, as far as the OP was referring, he was speaking about soloing raid and instance (mostly cata and below) content.

Both are good OP. But I enjoy the Brewmaster more. More dynamic and I personally think it has a better toolkit. In terms of soloing world pandaria rares, brewmaster. Nothing like being able to lock the mob down with a paralisys when you need to heal back up without interuption or take care of a pesky add.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Blood DKs topple all other tanks for soloing... our main defense is a self heal, plus we have multiple high healing cooldowns. On top of that, our damage taken isnt reduced as much as others, so we get more vengeance and do more damage. But of course some bosses are situationally better for certain tanks, and that might take account in some solo situations.
As much as I solo stuff though my DK doesnt have problems with much :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
01/02/2013 03:20 PMPosted by Deäthbringer
Blood DKs topple all other tanks for soloing...

Have a level 90 Brewmaster there champ? Unless you speak from personal experience, I don't think you can use the descriptor "topple".

Played right, Brewmasters are amazing. And from personal experience (and i will admit the last time I solo'd content with a DK was 85) it's in many ways on par with DKs in terms of what they can and can't do and damage mitigation abilities.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
In my healing spec right now, but so far I am having a blast soloing old content (which is all new to me). Started playing right before Cata came out so I never really raided. With the change to entering raids solo, been working on them. I think my brewmaster ilvl is 476, but so far have done:

Zul Gurub - Jindo is bugged when soloing so I dont have achievement showing. Jindo doesnt drop loot when soloed and there are numerous bug reports so far on the forums. Panther boss is cake. Brewmasters are the only class, along with hunters, right now that I am aware of that can solo raptor boss. Not sure if paladins can. Paladins can bubble, but they don't get increased damage from vengence by bubbling.

Tempest Keep - Cake. Touch of Death on Mage makes encounter a lot more manageble.

Eye Eternity - Cake.

Onxyia's Lair - Cake

Trial of the Cruser 10 - did. a couple tricky spots but should improve with gear and experience. I had never run the place before.

Did most of Naxx 10 man. Killed Kel Thuzad no problems. Need to go back and finish a wing. Was tired that night.

Working on ICC 10 normal now. Currently on Dreamwalker and using mistweaver spec for that. Just failed but was trying for the achievement portal jockey. Don't see where it will be a problem killing adds and side healing boss though.

The only problem I had prior to dreamwalker was festergut as my dps wasnt quite there before I had 10 stacks of gastric bloat. WW took too much damage and Brewmaster my dps was to low. With Terrocota Fragment guardian I just obtained and Xuen, I could dps long enough as brewmaster.

Saw a thread on MMO that a monk soloed glory ulduar raider so thats my next goal.

I have a 90 dk and would have to agree they are still kings of soloing, but definately enjoying doing old content on my monk more.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

I ran through all of ICC on my monk as WW for all of it except valarishia dreamwalker. I switched to MW and said GG.

They fixed gunship so it doesn't instantly kill you if you jump over, Blood Queen Lana'thel is just a dps race, you can dance through sindragosa's ice bombs, Festergut is also a dps race, Professor Putricide's slimes do not target his target.
Reply Quote
55 Night Elf Monk
Proc pallys definitely, but windmonk is so much fun
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
DKs are far ahead of BrMs, but BrM is probably the second best class.

Level 80 content is a joke, and doesn't need much thinking about, except for maybe Lich King.

As for level 85 content...

I've been able to solo Omnitron in one attempt, the trash was almost harder than Omnitron, but Magmaw ripped me up- was spending too much time self-healing and kiting the worms to have enough DPS to beat the enrage. I have a feeling the other bosses in BWD would be easier than Magmaw (aside from Nefarian).

I haven't tried BoT, I have a feeling the healing debuff stacks would murder me if it was up that week, but the rest of BoT sounds fairly possible, except maybe Cho'Gall, DPSing the oozes would be too hard, you'd hit 100% corruption and die too fast.

I haven't touched Firelands, the enrage timers would probably cause too many problems, but I think Rhyolith would be possible, due to the massive cleaves of Keg Smash being usable to help the enrage. Alysrazor would easily be possible, she has no enrage, and would just be a matter of dodging everything, and tanking both the birds during the ground phase. The trash would probably be harder than the boss. Baelroc might be possible too, if we can stack Vengeance high enough, but I'm pretty sure the recent Vengeance changes would make it hard in current gear. Shannox and Beth'tlac seem beyond the realm of possibility, especially Beth'tlac, due to the need to split up.

I'm not going to think about DS until later gearing.
Edited by Bobmuffins on 1/4/2013 11:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'd lean to DK just because of Blood's self healing and that they can go Frost for other dps pushes and non pet type mc fights. Also their spells versus for old fights that are immune to melee and so on. Meanwhile I definitely am jealous of stuff like all the stuns and disarms that my DK does not have. My healer monk alone has an easier time on the rare spawns just the fights are longer.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Blood dks without a doubt. I haven't tried BrM for my self yet but I hear good things. I solo everything as a WW and have little to no problems.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Mage

I ran through all of ICC on my monk as WW for all of it except valarishia dreamwalker. I switched to MW and said GG.

They fixed gunship so it doesn't instantly kill you if you jump over, Blood Queen Lana'thel is just a dps race, you can dance through sindragosa's ice bombs, Festergut is also a dps race, Professor Putricide's slimes do not target his target.

Good to know. I cleared the first two bosses last night and I started to make my way to the gunship but didn't think I'd be able to solo it.

Also clearing ICC for the first time is very creepy when you're alone
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk

This.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]