Time To Fix Balance Druid PvP and Patch 5.2

100 Night Elf Druid
It makes me sad to read this, and after reading the patch notes for 5.2, have little hope for the future of Balance Druids.

The class mechanics just aren't as fun for me as the other classes anymore. Running around spamming Moonfire/Sunfire to get procs is unfulfilling. We need more depth and a better PVP rotation.

IMO, we need some of the following:

Shorter cast times on Wrath and Starfire
More damage from Wrath and Starfire
More crits
Some kind of stacking reward from hardcasting (shorter cast times, increased damage, etc)
Some kind of fun addition to our rotation (an example is Mage shatter combos)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
LOL I wrote a tread a month ago saying this was coming and that we were in dire waters. At the time I was panned by the very people on another tread who are complaining about this. The only way we can affect change is to rise up and spam their forums so they realise that we are pissed.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
01/03/2013 08:39 AMPosted by Awakenimg
LOL I wrote a tread a month ago saying this was coming and that we were in dire waters. At the time I was panned by the very people on another tread who are complaining about this. The only way we can affect change is to rise up and spam their forums so they realise that we are pissed.

THIS.

Except, they regularly state that they don't read the Class Forums due to the nature of the griping and moaning. We need to bring more awareness to this in the other Forum Areas.
Reply Quote
Don't have the patience to read your entire post, after relearning Boomy, and playing it properly I can say that we are ALMOST sub-par in PvP. Are we in dire need of a buff? No, not necessarily, but we COULD use a buff to be able to compete even better against some of the higher "tier" classes.

The nerf I saw in 5.2 PTR is startling, I'm not sure what spec Blizz is looking at, but we aren't nearly as powerful as most of the classes/specs in the entire game. So why the nerf?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I agree we need to start on genral then they will move it to druids as they did mine but am willimng to try. I would suggest masss action, such as a pvp strike for a day but me and the boomies i know already are.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I have started a petition in general called stop nerfing boomies please support.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
So I agree with 98% of everything that has been said already, so I am not going to go over that right now. Awakening, I plan on finding this thread and vehemently supporting it. In the event that I cant find it, could you throw up a link? I have no idea if thats against the terms of use or w/e so I will check first. Also as I said I am new to this whole "forum contribution" thing and I will start spam tweeting at GC so he can make sure boomkins are "working as intended". Does anyone know of any other way to get this forum sticky'd/brought to attention?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
01/03/2013 12:13 PMPosted by Keladris
Increased Starsurge proc rate, or something to eliminate the rediculas RNG of this spell proc.

Starsurge is fine where it's at. An increase proc rate would have to bring a decrease in the damage potential.

We don't need this happening all the time... it's pathetic that it can happen some of the time.

http://i.imgur.com/JwYIF.jpg

(BG, I know... but still. 67% resil...)

Boomkins need something, not saying they don't. But that is not the way to buff them.
Edited by Theinertjerk on 1/3/2013 12:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Theinertjerk makes a good point.

We are basically fire mages, the crit dependence means we will get better past the first tier of raiding / pvp.

Also that's a weak starsurge I hit 350k last night.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I think boomkins damage is pretty solid to be honest , Its not on par with most classes , but all and all its pretty solid if you time your starfall procs, and such. My bigggest kicker is there surviavbilty really kind of sucks compared to other casters.
the minute i get focused i find myself playing defense and defense only just to survive . boomkins really need some sort base stat increase
Make our armor value that of a bear , bring it back to BC days
Reply Quote
I agree with most things said on this thread. Boomkins deserve some sort of buff, be it survivability or a change to our rotation/dps output.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I keep posting the petition in general but it dissappears as fast as I post it. LOL
Edited by Awakenimg on 1/4/2013 10:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I picked the wrong expansion to try out Boomkin...
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
I had a good laugh at the earlier post that commented on resto's insane hots (you do know they are the weakest in the game and are outdone by a rsham's healing totem or a warrior's SW, both passive heals, right?)

What I would like go see gone is the 30CD on Starsurge. I mean wtf is the point of that? It's not like we're throwing chaos bolts around, and it's neither a stun or a silencing spell or anything. Sure it's our biggest damage hard cast spell but with a long cast time and easily interrupted it's hardly OP.

And FYI, rdruids need DB every bit as much as boomies do. I spent all of Cata being the heals NO ONE in their right minds wanted because we died so quickly, we finally start living a bit, finally are desired for RBGs again, and Blizzard says "Whoops, we didn't want rdruids to actually be viable again....NERFING TIME!!!"
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'd love to get the knockdown on Starsurge back.

It was so much fun.
Reply Quote
Why not simply add a glyph making wrath/starfire be castable on the move but do less damage?. Seems like a very easy solution to the pve vs pvp problem that would make boomkin extremely fun.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Most of this stuff I agree with, but saying we have no burst is stupid. When my burst is up I do crazy dmg. Even when my burst isn't up I can put out some dmg. One thing I do hate is that our only silence is a 1 minute cd, and even tho we can root ppl inside of out solar beam and ursols vortex ppl inside of it isn't good enough to kill healers. I think we should get a cc that doesn't make enemies immune to everything and that doesn't brake when ppl hit it. Like a 5 second stun or at Keats a 3 second woe stun. That's all I would need. And yes, I love playing classes that aren't op so I'm not asking for blizz to make us op. I also wouldn't mind making the cast time on starfire shorter

-thanks for ur time. :D
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
01/05/2013 03:51 PMPosted by Anur
Why not simply add a glyph making wrath/starfire be castable on the move but do less damage?. Seems like a very easy solution to the pve vs pvp problem that would make boomkin extremely fun.

I think this is an excellent idea, aside from the damage nerf. Glyph letting you cast and move would make me a happy kitty, or laser chicken, as the case may be.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The Moonkin players have been complaining about their non-survivability in PVP for years. Blizzard doesn't care. I've been playing a Moonkin for a long time, and I love PVPing. But it can be extremely frustrating. Those who say we put out a lot of damage are correct. However, 1V1 we are BY FAR the weakest, and least survivable players in the game. There is literally nothing a Moonkin can beat 1v1. We don't have the multiple stuns other classes have (none, in fact). We don't have the burst damage others have either. Our dots are good, but not nearly as fast at draining health as the dots dark priests and warlocks have available. I've seen DKs who can literally ignore everything I throw at them, and ignore me, while fighting other players. We have one silence with a 1 MINUTE cooldown! Compare that to others, like mages and shamans. We have two crappy CCs, those being roots and Cyclone. Both take more than a second and a half to cast while other classes have multiple instant casts CCs (hunters anyone?). We can't cause any damage to someone cycloned, wheras our roots break with one heavy bolt. Compare that to stuns that so many chars have which don't break no matter how much damage you take. Compare that to an 8 second fear.
And our heals haven't been worth much since Lich King days. They used to be a big help even during active combat. Not now. For a class that's supposed to be a hybrid, part of which is heals, we heal more poorly than most melee classes!

But your hope that Blizzard will do anything about it is forlorn. Blizzard has, over the years, done nothing with Balance other than nerf it again and again. How many of you remember thorns? Remember when the melee classes were all whining because they were causing them too much damage? So they got nerfed to nothing. Remember when cyclone was instant cast? Nerfed to almost uselessness. Typhoon is supposed to daze a target for six seconds? I use it daily and I've never noticed any kind of daze. Heck, lots of times it doesn't even do a knockback.

The only way to stay alive as a Moonkin is stay in the background, and run as soon as you're focused.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]