Account logged in when I am not.

90 Undead Warlock
Over the past three days I have been trying to use the mobile auction house but the account logged in error message keeps appearing when I am not logged in.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I have the same problem. Mobile AH reports that I am logged in with PC, but I'm not.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I still have this issue. Customer service have essentially blown me off saying that all they can offer is to advise to reinstall the app, which I have done numerous times. I get the same error from various browses and machines.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Still having this issue.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm having the same issue. My guild screen show that I am logged in as remote, when in fact, I don't even have the app anymore. I deleted it four days ago, because of this issue, but it still randomly shows me on remote chat. This happened most recently at 7:47am EST on Tuesday, 08 January 2013.

A GM told me this:

"I can appriciate the frustration this would cause, however our support staff, game masters, billing, etc do not have any way to impact the mobile app. We don't have a way to force your character off the mobile chat.
First Log out of the game entirely, reinstall the app, login and logout of the app again, close it down entirely and then uninstall the app, turn off the phone and turn it back on. I'm hoping this this will force the character offline and completely sever the connection between the phone and the mobile connection. (I'm suggesting this because it seemed to have worked for me when I was having a similiar issue.)"

I did exactly as he asked, and it appeared to work, and my toon didnt show online for a few days. But, now, four days later, without me even having the app on any device, I'm suddenly logged in again. I haven't changed guilds or transferred characters in the past six months at least.

Can you please resolve this issue?
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
What happens when you perform the actions prescribed by support again? If you don't explicitly log out of Guild Chat in the mobile app, you will remain logged in to WoW, but denoted with a "mobile away" icon (yellow clock with radio waves coming off of it).
Edited by Wilebosk on 1/11/2013 2:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I uninstalled the app, made sue I was logged out of the game on my computer, reinstalled the app and logged in and out. I then uninstalled the app entirely and turned my phone off and on again. I logged the game, and i was NOT listed as being on remote chat. Problem solved! Thanks, GM!

Except....it's STILL logging me in and out at all times of the day and night. I don't even HAVE the app anymore, and haven't for a week now. Many times, when I am online and in game, I'll be showing online, no green or yellow "remote" icon, then, all of a sudden, I'm showing as remote on our guild roster. There's no rhyme or reason, it just logs me in and out randomly.
It's getting to be a problem, because I'm an officer in a guild, and people think I'm ignoring them, when in fact, I'm not even around to hear what they are saying to me.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I haven't logged at all today, yet I just get an e-mail from a guildie of that that "I just missed you in game". Which means while I was sleeping, remote logged me in at some point and out less than an hour ago.

I check when I log out at night that I am NOT on remote chat. I have people verify it for me. I cannot be the only one with this issue.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
I haven't logged at all today, yet I just get an e-mail from a guildie of that that "I just missed you in game". Which means while I was sleeping, remote logged me in at some point and out less than an hour ago.

I check when I log out at night that I am NOT on remote chat. I have people verify it for me. I cannot be the only one with this issue.

Are you explicitly logging out of Guild Chat? Not by logging out of the Mobile Armory, but by toggling the Guild Chat "Online" button to "Offline".
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yes, I did that last time I logged out of Mobile Armory. It showed me offline as soon as I did, I had a friend watching it. Then, I DELETED the app over a week ago. So, there is NO APP on my devices that can be logged, this is not an issue on my end. This is something that needs to be corrected from the Mobile Armory side.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
01/14/2013 07:05 PMPosted by Mistyfye
Yes, I did that last time I logged out of Mobile Armory. It showed me offline as soon as I did, I had a friend watching it. Then, I DELETED the app over a week ago. So, there is NO APP on my devices that can be logged, this is not an issue on my end. This is something that needs to be corrected from the Mobile Armory side.

It's good to know when problems are happening, but it only helps us identify a trend. Now we need more information. We need to know click by click what actions lead you to this state and if you/we can reproduce it. We can't fix a bug that we don't know how to reliably reproduce. In fact, with the 100s of devices that we have in our office, we have only encountered this bug in the following ways:

1. Installing the Mobile Armory on multiple devices and hopping around from device to device, signing out of one, but leaving the originally-logged-in-device alone or uninstalling it without logging out. (Or if a crash is encountered.)
2. By signing into Guild Chat and quickly logging out of the app. This is somewhat rare and requires precise timing, but given the large number of players using the app, we believe this is what happens in the majority of reported cases.

Both of the above scenarios will cause the player to remain logged in, but they're both correctable scenarios that simply require logging in again and then signing out of Guild Chat and then the Mobile Armory, in that order. In the case of using multiple devices, you will need to sign out of Guild Chat on the original device you installed the Armory on. If you uninstalled it on a previous device, try reinstalling it there and then signing out Guild Chat prior to uninstalling it again.

With this in mind, your mobile login status should naturally expire after 2-3 weeks, unless you log in again and refresh the state. But if you go through the steps to log yourself out, this should resolve it without waiting.

If you can reproduce this for us with a second character, please let me know how you're able to reproduce this and I will give it a shot. As it stands, we have spent a good number of hours attempting to reproduce the issue in ways other than the 2 listed above, but have not yet found how this would be possible.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Remaining logged in wasn't the issue. It logged me out just fine everytime I logged out. It was the logging me back in, after I was logged out and had deleted the app that caused so much grief.

I gquit yesterday, to sever the connection, and for the first time in over a month, I show as offline for 8 hours.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Remaining logged in wasn't the issue. It logged me out just fine everytime I logged out. It was the logging me back in, after I was logged out and had deleted the app that caused so much grief.

I gquit yesterday, to sever the connection, and for the first time in over a month, I show as offline for 8 hours.

When referring to "logging out" or "logout", please explicitly reference whether this is the Mobile Armory Logout or mobile Guild Chat logout using the Online/Offline button. One is not the same as the other and makes a big difference in this discussion.
Edited by Wilebosk on 1/17/2013 12:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
74 Blood Elf Death Knight
Both. There were times I let it go into the "away" mode when I was using the app. However, when it went rogue, and I decided it's not worth the headache it has caused, I very specifically signed out of guild chat and then logged off the Mobile Armory. I have done this NUMEROUS times, reinstalling the app every time in order to do it. I have then deleted the app.

Currently, my app is deleted. I reinstalled it most recently yesterday afternoon to log into the armory, then sign in and sign out of Guild Chat. I then deliberately signed OUT of Guild Chat. I made sure my character showed offline on the guild roster. I then logged out of the app and deleted the app. This was around 5pm, CST.

Then, I hopped back in game to run an LFR. While I was in the raid, I looked at the roster and saw that annoying little yellow microphone beside my name that indicates Remote Chat. This happened between 5:45pm and 6:15pm. After the raid, I reinstalled the app again, and logged in the app, signed into gchat, signed OUT of gchat, logged out of the app and DELETED it again. I hopped on an alt in game to be sure I was offline. Yes, I was. Logging out is working fine.

The PROBLEM is that the app makes the decision to log in at random times.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Thanks Mordrid. We're not dropping this investigation, just trying to find common denominators among the reports. We know there's a problem, we just have not discovered a proven method for recreating it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I've been having a similar issue with remote chat. After having many connection problems with the app while talking to guildies, I decided to just remove the app from my phone over a month ago. I logged out completely and uninstalled it. Made sure everything was removed, yet I kept seeing myself log in on the toon while I was on a different toon. So I thought trying to re-install and then uninstall again would help, but it didn't. I changed my password even and it showed my toon log out right after that, but then about 3 days later, it was on again. It's been on for a few weeks now, logging on and off randomly. Guildies keep thinking I am on and try and talk to me and it's quite annoying constantly see myself on there all the time and explain that I don't even have the app anymore. How it's logging me in, when I changed my pass and removed the app, is what I don't understand.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
01/25/2013 10:19 AMPosted by Kälysìa
I've been having a similar issue with remote chat. After having many connection problems with the app while talking to guildies, I decided to just remove the app from my phone over a month ago. I logged out completely and uninstalled it. Made sure everything was removed, yet I kept seeing myself log in on the toon while I was on a different toon. So I thought trying to re-install and then uninstall again would help, but it didn't. I changed my password even and it showed my toon log out right after that, but then about 3 days later, it was on again. It's been on for a few weeks now, logging on and off randomly. Guildies keep thinking I am on and try and talk to me and it's quite annoying constantly see myself on there all the time and explain that I don't even have the app anymore. How it's logging me in, when I changed my pass and removed the app, is what I don't understand.

Before you switch to a different character, are you logging the previous character out of Guild Chat? Not the app, but the actual Guild chat Online/Offline toggle?

(Also, have you ever logged into this account on a different mobile device?)
Reply Quote
20 Pandaren Monk
I have been having the same problem for the past 24 hours. I can't use the remote AH. It keeps saying I'm logged into the game when I'm not. I'm not talking about guild chat....that works fine, and it's not a feature I use often. I do rely heavily on the remote AH however.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times, have cleared cookies on my computer and my phone, have rebooted my computer, reset my router, shut down my computer, restarted my phone several times, everything I can think of. None of it is working. No, I'm also not showing in game, I've spoken to a real ID friend who was online while I was not.

I'd appreciate any help, like I said, I rely on this app and this is very frustrating.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
We're looking into this. If we have additional questions, I'll post them here.
Reply Quote
58 Orc Death Knight
I have been trying to use the remote AH for several days and it always tells me that I am logged in. I just had a thought while reading this thread that I may have logged into the website and left the window open on a different tab. I can try restating Firefox and see if that clears things up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]