Alliance 25M ToES GDKP (Taking Sign-Ups Now)

90 Draenei Shaman
Heads up: Didn't get enough interest for MSV this week. I'm thinking about making a GDKP for ToES which might be more lucrative and give people more of an incentive to come since a lot of guilds on the server haven't unlocked it yet .

Hey there Icecrown Raiders!

Preface
I'm interested in putting together a 25man GDKP run (full clear of ToES) on my one of my alts, with participants from my guild, and members across the server. I've talked to a few other guilds who have similar progression to mine, and a few of us have decided that we would be interested in putting this together. While not completely formed, I'm hoping I can find interest from other guilds with similar progression, and relatively geared alts that can do the carrying needed in a GDKP.

Dates:
Saturday 4:30 ST

*Please let me know if you are one of the GMs that I have talked to and have a severe problem with this date*.

Interested?
If you're the Raid Leader or GM of a guild that has cleared 6/6 MSV and has it on farm, and you are interested in talking to me about becoming part of the "base" for the GDKP, please contact me in game on this toon, Qtvee by PM or in-game mail.

If you are -not- associated with a guild already interested (your GM should talk to you) and want to sign up, please be prepared to show me that you have the ability/knowledge to full-clear MSV25 6/6.

What is a GDKP?
For those that do not know what a GDKP is, I've copy and pasted some information for you below:

In a GDKP raid, all items of value, whether they're BoP gear, BoE drops, profession patterns, or even mounts, are auctioned off in an open bidding system to all participants. The person willing to pay the most for it will get the item in exchange for gold, and at the end of the night, all the gold that was collected is divided out among all the raiders.

How Looting Works (Brought this information up from a below post):

Buy-In: 1,000g (This just punishes people for leaving mid-raid. You obviously get it back at the end when all gold is distributed).
Weapons, Trinkets, Tier Tokens: Starting Bid @ 5k.
Everything Else: Starting bid @ 2.5k
Increasing Bids: 500g per bid.

The reason why I would plan on doing it this way, is because of the implementation of Looking for Raid. Back in ICC, there was no other way to get gear besides raiding with groups. Now, with LFR, it is slightly easier to get items, therefore the raid items consequently drop in price.

Edit: Grammar and more information.
Edited by Qtvee on 1/18/2013 9:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Interested alts from my guild:

DPS:
Affliction Warlock
Elemental Shaman
Mut/Combat Rogue
Edited by Qtvee on 1/10/2013 7:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
23 Human Hunter
Interested alts from my guild:

Tanks:
DK

DPS:
Feral Druid
Mage
Hunter

Will edit this post as more decide what they would want to bring.
Edited by Tanshun on 12/15/2012 1:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Out of curiosity, what is your intent on a base price for items along with the next required bid?

I used to run these weekly back in ICC with a base price of 10K on Trinkets + Tier Tokens, and then a lower base of 5K for everything else.
Bid prices had to go by 1K, unless the item was about to rot in which a half size of 500 gold was accepted as a bid.
Should the raid down a Heroic boss an addition 5K was added to the base price. Bid prices remained unchanged as the need for such items usually caused the price to rise on it's own.

This was to ensure that at the end of the night everyone at least walked out with something. If not gear for certain people, then gold for others.

I only ask this so that people who may show interest would be more informed of how exactly you intend to run this. If the right people show up the payout can be quite large, I still remember seeing DBW go for 100K. I wasn't around in Cata to see how they changed so I don't know how much LFR may have devalued items and now with PvP power in the game for trinkets to PvPers.
Edited by Skurqtpi on 12/14/2012 5:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Hey :) Always glad to see more interest!
Sorry I haven't posted all of the details, I was really looking to get some background/foundation/support in the first post that I wrote up :) I don't mind at all letting you guys know how I would want to run this.

I ran a few of these on my older server, and we sort of did it the way that you're mentioning. There has to be a little bit of changes due to this patch, and I'll explain.

Here is how I have run them in the past:
Weapons, Trinkets, Tier Tokens: Starting Bid @ 5k.
Everything Else: Starting bid @ 2.5k
Increasing Bids: 500g per bid.

The reason why I would plan on doing it this way, is because of the implementation of Looking for Raid. Back in ICC, there was no other way to get gear besides raiding with groups. Now, with LFR, it is slightly easier to get items, therefore the raid items consequently drop in price.

If you have any more questions please ask here or PM me in game.

Edit: I remember the days of H-DBW going for 100k+... was good times! Hopefully if this group becomes steady (which I hope it will) we will progress into heroics and see the same sort of payout (heroics = increase in base price, etc).
Edited by Qtvee on 12/14/2012 10:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
SEP WRU
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I might be interested depending on when it is held. i'm defnitely qualified.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Myself and my roommate have alts that would definitely love to go. Both are healers: Disc Priest and Restoration Shaman. Cleared 6/6, 6/6, 3/4 on our mains.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Hello! Good to see interest!
We're looking to start this AFTER the holiday season just so we can have a concerte schedule that doesn't conflict with the holidays!

Taking interest now though!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Bump to see if this is still going to happen?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Yeah I just got back from vacation. If everyone (preferably the GMs who I talked to) could give me a list of their raiders who are interested, I can start officially organizing. I'll whisper those who I've talked to in-game about it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Starting realm-sign ups. Please post here or PM me in game if interested. I will put on the calendar a set date for those who are interested to be invited, and prove competent enough for invite.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I might be blind... which is a strong possibility. But what is the date/time for this? I'd be interested on my Hunter but I need to make sure it doesn't overlap with anything else.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
My monk or shaman or mage or warrior would be very interested in this!

Would like to know dates/times and such!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
If this is a huge problem for everyone I'm willing to change, but I have 4:30 on Saturdays in my mind. Previous GDKPs have run at this time (Wrath, Cata) and have worked out great.

A lot of guilds raid in the evenings, and from all the varying guilds I'm seeing at least one guild that will raid around 6-8 ST at night, so afternoon raids will be the best.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Omg no scammer stahp
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
01/10/2013 07:31 AMPosted by Qtvee
If this is a huge problem for everyone I'm willing to change, but I have 4:30 on Saturdays in my mind.

4:30 server time I assume? If so put down my Hunter - Skurshady. I'd be interested in attending.
Edited by Skuryolo on 1/10/2013 7:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Yes ST! Thank you for your sign-up!

For everyone else: We're not quite full yet, so please tell your friends and spread the word. I will be trying to advertise in trade. It might be a slow(ish) process to complete a roster for the first run, because I want to make sure I get competent players (no one wants to spend all-day in MSV on their alts!) I have around 17-18 interested.
Edited by Qtvee on 1/10/2013 7:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Eminent has stopped raiding as 5 of our raiders had RL take a poop on them. We have a couple toons we can bring along most likely. However, talk to myself or Derpenner as both of us may also be looking for a new home...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]