Need help with Brawlers Guild (Ixx)

90 Human Mage
So i know that a tonne of mages are stuck on the boss Ixx, just wondering how you guys actually defeated this guy, cause i can dodge his main ability just fine, but his auto attacks just destroy me.

Any tips with talents and glyph choices or just survival tips, i've tried innvocation and Ward but i still die with the boss having around 700K hp left.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I wish I had something to offer, but I don't really remember my fight with Ixx. He killed me once, and the second time I was able to burst him to death while he was killing my Mirror Images.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
Wasn't the HP on mirror images nerfed? so if she tried that he will be back on her in 3 secs.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
I just stayed as close as possible to him and kept refreshing IB as soon as the cool down wore off. Glyphs and talents were the same as they are now. Just hope you get a heating up proc as soon as you switch sides, TW+ AT+ multiple Pyros equals dead Ixx. Make sure and pop MI after the first ground shake to get the most out of them. Oh and don't forget about the brawlers flask.

Took me a few tries. Now if anyone can tell me how in the world to get past GG I'm all ears.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
I miss GG they were fun. Battletron is a PITA
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
So i know that a tonne of mages are stuck on the boss Ixx, just wondering how you guys actually defeated this guy, cause i can dodge his main ability just fine, but his auto attacks just destroy me.

Any tips with talents and glyph choices or just survival tips, i've tried innvocation and Ward but i still die with the boss having around 700K hp left.

Maybe it's just a gear issue because I had no trouble on him. I died once because the cleave landed faster than I expected. Otherwise I just kept barrier up, used Deep Freeze when I could, stood on his face and blew him up using mostly Scorch spam. I was using IW as well since I was moving so much. Definitely glyph Combustion though for a big AT Pyro combo at the start.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
12/14/2012 09:07 AMPosted by Mageski
Maybe it's just a gear issue because I had no trouble on him. I died once because the cleave landed faster than I expected. Otherwise I just kept barrier up, used Deep Freeze when I could, stood on his face and blew him up using mostly Scorch spam. I was using IW as well since I was moving so much. Definitely glyph Combustion though for a big AT Pyro combo at the start.

I'm not sure you know the boss or if they changed it. The boss is immune to CC, So Deep Freeze is not useable and Novas do not work at all. However besides that little bit about Deep Freezeing when you could, it seems like the best strat. Thanks hopefully it works.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Mage
For Ixx, as Frost, i used a few different abilities to get away from his cone attack.

1st) I Blinked
2nd) I positioned my pet ("move to" command) opposite of me and Shadow-melded to dump aggro to him. (invis may work.)
3rd) Used Mirror Images
4th) Blinked
5th) had alter-time planned but I didn't need it. Could use it earlier if you could time it right.

You also have Ice Block at your disposal for one of the one-shots.

My only tips are to make sure you aren't on Global-Cooldown with Blink.
Edited by Odamae on 12/31/2012 7:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
I hated that fight as Frost.

- Before he spawned, I distanced my WE away from myself.
- When he spawned I tanked him till he used his skill
- When he cast his skill I blinked behind him.
- When he turned to face me I popped Illusions, ran behind him and popped my other cooldowns (Veins, Warp, the Brawler's Int Potion, Alter Time)
- He defeated all the Illusions and then faced to the WE.
- Before he dropped the WE all the way, I re-summoned it. He still had aggro on it. I sent the WE away from me. He wasted a total of 2 of his skill spams on my WE, but managed to kill it.
- He comes to me.
- He skills = Blink
- He skills = Ice Block
- Manually break out of Ice Block + Lock Rock
- Potion + Hit Him
- He skills = Blink behind
- HP Pot + Killed

Talents were:
- Presence of the Mind
- Ice Barrier
- Ring of Frost
- Cauterize
- Frost Bomb
- Invocation

Glyphs were:
- Water Elemental
- Icy Veins
- Evocation
+ Minor Glyph of Momentum

I'd *HIGHLY* recommend taking Cold Snap over Cauterize for this fight. Cauterize will not stop you from dying to his skill in just 1 hit. The damage of the skill is more than 2x your max HP, so Cauterize doesn't work.

You need a lot of heals for this fight so Cold Snap is better. Aside from the heal it will also reset your Ice Block in case you need it again.

But I absolutely hated that fight. It's batcrap insane for a mage because:

1. His skill cools down faster than Blink
2. He is immune to stuns, slows, CC
3. He hits like a train even if he is not casting his spell.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Just found this thread. I am sure everyone has passed Ixx by now (except for me, of course). I have to say, I have found this fight super frustrating. I recognize that I need to rework glyphs and talents to optimize my chances (cold snap > cauterize; evocation > ice lance). Still, it's striking how out of place this fight is compared with the ease of everything that went on before.

I know my twitch skills aren't the best, and I found the standing in the hit box thing to work the best, but I have died numerous times being (visually) outside of the AOE, but still hit by it. When I figured that out and accounted for my latency, the next issue was that his autohits wear me down faster than ice barrier can refresh. I can get him down to 1-2% of health before I die to his auto hits. he also pretty much one-shots my elly and images.

My best death was killing him just as my cauterize started, being out of pots, IB on cooldown, and dying just the arena guy gave my victory speech. Turns out that doesn't get you past the boss in question, if anyone's curious.

Anyway, will be back at it tomorrow with the changes suggested here.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
If anyone like me is still frustrated by this, keep at it. I beat him this morning. Cold snap is definitely better for this fight, in my experience and evocation is a must.

I have also usually used alter time as part of my starting rotation, but for me including it at all in the fight was more trouble than it was worth. I was moving around a lot and alter time had a tendency to position me right in the path of the death strike.

basically, I tanked him until my health was pretty low (walking under as noted here). Then when my health was pretty low, popped images, blinked to the far corned, and popped all my cooldowns. By the time he killed my images he was at 3% and then it was just a matter of making sure I used both iceblocks and cold snap.

Appreciated the discussion above.
Edited by Rypkord on 2/18/2013 12:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks much for reviwing this post. I was able to get past Yikkan this morning with all of the above.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
This is a nice guide for review.

http://www.icy-veins.com/brawlers-guild-guide-wow
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Yeah, I like the icy veins guide, but I have to say, they promote cauterize much more than I think makes sense for this particular fight.

I'm currently stuck on Leona, and I feel like "simply time your casts of frost bomb in such a way that it detonates just as the adds are spawning" is a little light on exactly when/how that is.

Even more so than with Ixx, I find myself spending most of the fight without my WE (or in trying to create a new ellie to replace the fallen), which eats into both dps, self-heals, and dodging.
Reply Quote
50 Orc Warlock
I must have tried him 1000 times as frost. I could only get him down to 500k ish.

When I switched specs to my arcane raid spec and I just blasted that Mofo and blinked, he died fast in 2 attempts.

Ouijee
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet...

When I beat Ixx, my strategy was simple.

Cast and maintain Slow.
RUN AWAY CONSTANTLY. (In as big a circle as the arena will allow) (Blink as needed)
Spam Nether Tempest, Arcane Barrage, and Scorch.

Because of the slow, you can actually keep enough distance between you and him to be out of range of the megacleave. The DPS requirement is only about 22k, so if you're well-enough geared, you shouldn't have a problem beating the enrage.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I wonder if part of it is the rotation that suits the playstyle. I took him down as frost. I think his immunity to slows makes some of the benefits of frost less applicable, but it's possible. I think it was about 35 to 40 attempts.

Does Slow actually work on him? I thought he was supposed to be immune to slows. He certainly is to the frost ones. If so, another advantage of arcane for this fight.
Reply Quote
Stack right on top of him and when he starts to cast cleave just walk strait into him and go behind. just takes some quick reflexes is all, im already rank 8
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]