So powershot bug

90 Blood Elf Hunter
When is it going to get fixed..? It's been reported many, many times, it is a known bug but isn't in the "known bugs" thread, why? It's been 3 months now and no updates. Please blue, let me have a tiny tiny amount of burst in my pvp battles :/
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Power Shot is a 'skill' shot in that it can miss if the target moves. It's not like other shots.

So unless you have an actual bug, with it missing a non-moving target, then it's likely just people moving out of the way before it can hit.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I see you are yet another victim of blue trolling. There's no "skill shot" in this game. This isn't a shooter. Even if it came to that, a "skill shot", explain to me how I would be able to miss a non-moving, frozen trapped player like it's the case atm 50% of the time... It actually tends to bug more on non moving players. They still get the knock back effect, but no actual damage shows in combat log.
Reply Quote
Monks fire blossom is an example of a skill shot, there are indeed a few, although limited.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Divine Star is another example of a skill shot.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Well Powershot definately isn't a "skill shot". This is the actual tooltip.

You wind up a powerful shot, which deals 800% weapon damage to the target and 400% weapon damage to all enemies in between you and the target.

Enemies hit by Powershot are also knocked back.

It is a targeted ability. It's not a simple shot that you aim in a direction without a target and hope it hits someone. You have to target someone or it says "There is nothing to attack". I can powershot a trapped player, 5 yards in front of me, and half the time nothing happens. IDK but in my book, someone who is in a trap doesn't move much. It is obviously bugged, and been known for a while. There is a LOT of detailed reports on this. Ghostcrawler was obviously trolling when wrote his "skill shot" twitter message.

I would just like to know why it's not in the "known bugs" section of this forum. This is a really cool ability, when it works. It would be sweet if it was finally fixed, or at least be told it is a known bug and that a fix is being worked out.
Edited by Faez on 12/15/2012 11:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
12/15/2012 11:36 AMPosted by Faez
I would just like to know why it's not in the "known bugs" section of this forum.

This list is not complete, and will not include all issues.

It's true! I know it may not always feel like it because we don't respond to every thread, but we really do read them all.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1020823612#9

If they can confirm that it is bugged, they will eventually fix it. But since it seems like you're saying that Ghostcrawler has said it is not bugged, it's unlikely to be fixed. Developers have final say in how ability mechanics work.
Edited by Sakana on 12/15/2012 12:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I can't believe fellow hunters commenting on this post when they haven't even tried it out themselves. Spec powershot, and go try it out in a bg. You can powershot someone random mid fight, then at the end of your 3sec cast your target will have moved 30 yards, but it might hit them. Then 1 min later, you can trap someone, wind your powershot and it might simply not work. Sometimes you get a knock back effect but no damage done. There is plenty of videos to support this. If powershot is not broken, then I suspect a PhD will be needed to understand how the ability is supposed to work.

The only reason I am writing this post isn't to QQ, but to simply hope for some kind of update on what is going on with this.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
12/15/2012 02:40 PMPosted by Faez
I can't believe fellow hunters commenting on this post when they haven't even tried it out themselves.

I'm confused, what exactly makes you think we haven't? I'm not saying that I like the way it works, or that I don't think there are ways it could be better. I'm just saying that
A)No response is guaranteed in the Bug Report Forum, and the Known Issues sticky is not complete

B)If the Lead Systems Designer of the game has declared it "not broken" then he pretty much has final say in that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Well if you have tried it and acknowledged something is wrong with the ability, then why not report it too? You can't just "accept" an ability that is clearly bugged. There's plenty of detailed reports, videos etc. to support this.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
12/15/2012 03:47 PMPosted by Faez
You can't just "accept" an ability that is clearly bugged.

Again, I never said I was. All I'm telling you is exactly why there has been no response, and why it is not in the known issues sticky.

If you think anything in the game is bugged, feel free to report it. Just don't expect a personal response from Sapperwix or to see it in the known issues sticky. Neither of those things are guaranteed.
Edited by Sakana on 12/15/2012 7:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Well Powershot definately isn't a "skill shot". This is the actual tooltip.

You wind up a powerful shot, which deals 800% weapon damage to the target and 400% weapon damage to all enemies in between you and the target.

Enemies hit by Powershot are also knocked back.

It is a targeted ability. It's not a simple shot that you aim in a direction without a target and hope it hits someone. You have to target someone or it says "There is nothing to attack". I can powershot a trapped player, 5 yards in front of me, and half the time nothing happens. IDK but in my book, someone who is in a trap doesn't move much. It is obviously bugged, and been known for a while. There is a LOT of detailed reports on this. Ghostcrawler was obviously trolling when wrote his "skill shot" twitter message.

I would just like to know why it's not in the "known bugs" section of this forum. This is a really cool ability, when it works. It would be sweet if it was finally fixed, or at least be told it is a known bug and that a fix is being worked out.

"between you and the target" Your spell

Example of Arcane barrage

Launches bolts of arcane energy at the enemy target, causing 1432 to 1749 (+ 119.2% of SpellPower) Arcane damage. Consumes all Arcane Charges.

Notice it says enemy target not just target

If this is a bug would you like blizzard to amend to the tooltip to

You wind up a powerful shot, which deals 800% weapon damage to the target and 400% weapon damage to all enemies in between you and the patch of dirt over there
Edited by Ickman on 12/15/2012 8:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I think it is very viable in pvp
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
@Ickman I'm not sure exactly where you're going with this. It's not a ground targeted ability like a trap or a flare, you actually need a target.
Reply Quote
I feel your pain. This is definitely a bug in the game because there are many times when absolutely nothing happens after a powershot, I mean no "Dodge" or anything like that. I just read the patch notes for 5.2 and there is still nothing about the Powershot bug. :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]