Heroic Mode Boss Changes

Community Manager
Two Heroic mode encounters in the Heart of Fear and the Terrace of Endless Spring are changing with the Raid reset this week:

• Grand Empress Shek’zeer
    • The damage dealt by Corrupted Dissonance, Sonic Discharge, and Cry of Terror has been reduced by approximately 10% in the Heroic mode version of this encounter.

• Protectors of the Endless
    • The damage dealt by Touch of Sha no longer increases for each Protector that is defeated in the Heroic mode version of this encounter.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Sounds good
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
That protectors nerf is pretty powerful.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
This is pretty necessary, was manageable in 10m with 4 really OP healers or 2 disc priests and 2 more healers, kinda wish u still didn't need to 4 heal it on 10m as 10% nerf still wont change that on shek'zeer.
Edited by Muxx on 12/17/2012 8:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Just going to say... The QQ Storm is coming.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/17/2012 08:52 PMPosted by Valius
The QQ Storm is coming.

Take cover!
Edited by Pandabubba on 12/31/2012 6:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC
Why..

The nerf to grand emp was needed, that fight required 4 healers in 10man...

It probably still will sadly lol.
Edited by Sensations on 12/17/2012 11:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Finally get P2 down without our proper raid comp there tonight. Now this. Very disappointing.

EDIT: with no other changes, this won't make people 3 heal it, it will only make 4 healing it even easier. : /
Edited by Violetta on 12/18/2012 1:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/17/2012 07:59 PMPosted by Hallinton
That protectors nerf is pretty powerful.
I'm not sure elite mode would be possible without it. Once it's on your whole raid the damage is pretty disgusting, even with the buff. Of course, with this nerf, expect a kill tomorrow.

Anyways, the Empress nerf won't change the mechanics of what you have to control in the first phase, it will just stop RNG gibs. People getting gibbed by RNG (Corrupt Field, Screech, and Discharge at the exact same time) was pretty stupid and impossible to deal with. /qq

You'll still wipe if you aren't controlling the Dissonance Fields correctly.
Edited by Acorns on 12/18/2012 2:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/17/2012 11:20 PMPosted by Enu
Why..

Theres nothing wrong with a fight requiring 4 healers for once. Makes a change from a fight requiring 2 heals everytime just to meet enrage. Also as mentioned itll still be 4 healed.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
12/18/2012 04:35 AMPosted by Potato

Theres nothing wrong with a fight requiring 4 healers for once. Makes a change from a fight requiring 2 heals everytime just to meet enrage. Also as mentioned itll still be 4 healed.

When you create your raid to have 2-3 heals because you never have to 4 heal a fight it can be pretty annoying. If it was more common that's one thing, but it's not.

Also, yeah, still probably going to 4 heal it.
Reply Quote

When you create your raid to have 2-3 heals because you never have to 4 heal a fight it can be pretty annoying. If it was more common that's one thing, but it's not.

Also, yeah, still probably going to 4 heal it.

Honestly if you are up to Heroic Empress some of your Hybrid Dps should be skilled enough to be able to switch to heals for a fight.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
http://memegenerator.net/instance/32148754
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
12/19/2012 02:48 AMPosted by Potato
Honestly if you are up to Heroic Empress some of your Hybrid Dps should be skilled enough to be able to switch to heals for a fight.

Please find the 4th healer in the following group:

Warrior
DK x2
Priest
Druid
Rogue
Mage
Warlock
Shaman
Hunter
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
12/17/2012 09:17 PMPosted by Dolan
Why..
For Empress, If I had to guess, I'd say it has to do with mitigating the need to keep up a resto shaman's Ancestral Vigor buff.
There were times that we would see people die simply because this buff fell off prior to a field exploding.

Not sure about protectors, I guess it was just too intense.
Edited by Melenkor on 12/19/2012 3:27 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please find the 4th healer in the following group:

Warrior
DK x2
Priest
Druid
Rogue
Mage
Warlock
Shaman
Hunter

Im sure somebody is talented enough and has a geared enough alt that they can heal on. Also 4 melee in a heavily ranged favoured tier..

For Empress, If I had to guess, I'd say it has to do with mitigating the need to keep up a resto shaman's Ancestral Vigor buff.
There were times that we would see people die simply because this buff fell off prior to a field exploding.

Resto shaman wasn't required to begin with.
Edited by Potato on 12/20/2012 5:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
12/20/2012 05:16 AMPosted by Potato
Also 4 melee in a heavily ranged favoured tier..

That's only 2 melee (I don't really count tanks as melee). You're saying two melee is too much? While historically mechanics favor ranged you don't need to pigeonhole yourself to saying 'get more ranged no melee allowed'. It really hasn't been THAT ranged favored this tier. Like Feng for example: previously they may have allowed everyone to get the aoe debuff during the arcane phase, but thankfully melee don't have to worry about that. It would require too much running around and Blizzard understood this and has been trying to balance as best as possible.

Saying 2 melee dps in a 10 man is too much just doesn't sound right to me at all (we use myself and a DK for most fights /shrug).

And back to the original topic, yes, we have a spriest that will start healing on it (haven't been able to this week yet, yay holidays) but I still don't see why 4 healing a fight should be the optimal way to do it. Just silly. People who dps don't always like to heal, so it's not really a welcomed change of pace to many at all - especially since it really only affects one person.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]