Dreaming of the farm...

100 Night Elf Druid
I love my farm. I love that I have all of my best friends to help me with my farm. But wouldn't it be nice if...

You could jump onto Miss Fifi and stamp all the vermin out of your occupied soil.
Your dog would chase away the birds from your alluring veggies.
The chickens would lay eggs.
The pigs would...fertilize...a crop or two....

What dreams do you have?
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
I find it kind of weird how half the things do stuff and the other half doesn't.

The pesticide sprinkler system works... but I've got a dog, cat, and two scarecrows - but just as much vermin as ever?
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Troll Priest
I wish my dog would scare the vermin away! Seriously?!

Edit: Snowfox, get outta my head :P
Edited by Raziya on 12/19/2012 12:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
I wish my dog would scare the vermin away! Seriously?!

Edit: Snowfox, get outta my head :P

That's almost exactly what the Reverend Mother Mohiam said!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I love my farm. I love that I have all of my best friends to help me with my farm. But wouldn't it be nice if...

You could jump onto Miss Fifi and stamp all the vermin out of your occupied soil.
Your dog would chase away the birds from your alluring veggies.
The chickens would lay eggs.
The pigs would...fertilize...a crop or two....

What dreams do you have?

While some of this has to do with tuning, we are considering some improvements to the farm and in this area. We might need to adjust the numbers a bit to reduce, say, Alluring over time. But we do want to make you feel that you need to tend to things regularly, even if you become more efficient in handling it. Though, perhaps we can consider allowing more crops to randomly grow without any obstacles or challenges, especially after you’ve proven your farming savvy.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
I would like to raise fish in my pond.
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest

While some of this has to do with tuning, we are considering some improvements to the farm and in this area. We might need to adjust the numbers a bit to reduce, say, Alluring over time. But we do want to make you feel that you need to tend to things regularly, even if you become more efficient in handling it. Though, perhaps we can consider allowing more crops to randomly grow without any obstacles or challenges, especially after you’ve proven your farming savvy.

I can only speak for myself here, but I don't mind going to the farm each day. The harvesting is fine, the plowing is fine, the planting is fine... it's all the fighting stuff after the planting that can be less than optimally fun.

The sprinklers & pest tools - are great. The runty, stretchy vine, and simple weed - are fine too. It's the tentacle and the vermin that tend to be annoying. On my DK I aoe down all the vermin at once, on my priest it's more bothersome.

Either way though, the tentacle has to be the worst one. 11111112111111112 (and repeat).

If you decide to help us a little there.. then please give us a tool for the tentacle weeds.
Edited by Snowfox on 12/19/2012 12:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
The wagon Fish fixes up should be able to be hooked up to Shaggy and turned into a free fade-to-black-style instant taxi to a number of specific locations in the Valley or perhaps even Pandaria as a whole.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I would love to see it so that EVERY darn seed I plant doesn't come up with some annoying obstacle. Also - I'd love to see some of the odds and ends around the farm actually have a purpose other than to look like a farm.

You make all of these friends - but they don't do anything at the end of the day. You get sheep - they do nothing. You get a dog - it does nothing. You get a pig - it does nothing. Someone gives you a pet that has nothing to do with your farm. Even some of the stuff you can buy from the tillers @ exalted is useless beyond belief.

The bug spray/sprinkler are pretty nice but they're only applicable to the plants that need water or bug zapping...which in my case - those two have been the LEAST common "obstacle" I've encountered while farming.

Not saying you should do away with them completely - farming shouldn't be a dead giveaway. But maybe make it so that your best friends come and like can help you deal with your unruly croppage. Afterall - you helped THEM for weeks on end.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

I've noticed that when collecting items from your farm, the amount of vermin or weeds has gone down. But I find it extremely annoying that most of the time I have to fight 12 of 16 crops that proc vermin or birds.. or those stupid tenticles.. when planting.

I've also not seen the instant grow proc (don't even remember what it's called now) since the first day i started my farm.

making the instant proc happen more often and also cutting back on the number of vermin would be nice. or make it worth something... fighting stuff that doesn't give ANY loot sucks.. even if it was a grey item worth 1c i'd be happier. i also agree with all of the OPs suggestions. add in that the pool off to the side should be able to "grow" fish (hatchery)... :)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
12/19/2012 12:58 PMPosted by Snowfox
If you decide to help us a little there.. then please give us a tool for the tentacle weeds

Spray cans of Weed B Gone purchasable for gold (or even ironpaw tokens) once exalted would be great.
Reply Quote
55 Night Elf Death Knight
I haven't visited my farm in a month or so. I doubt I'll go back anytime soon unless Spirit of Harmony go BOA (please?).

Those pesky but adorable vermin were getting on my nerves, and the disarming bird needs to go away forever.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Wish List for farm:
1. Make it a real home for us. Give us a hearth stone and rest ability.
2. Let anyone in our group see our farm and explore it.
3. The Scarecrow we buy should be able to scare away the birds and our dog should help with the vermin. And I want to name my dog.
4. Food storage shed for cooking mats that is account bound. Willing to quest for it.
5. The back area of our farm should be opened up for us to landscape with trees and flowers. We could get new items for professions like benches (black smithing), fountains (engineers), wind chimes ( jewelers), silk butterflies (tailors) and glowing lanterns for leather workers. Of course there would be at least 3 new patterns for each item and more to be found out in the world.
6. Besides flowers for the garden we could also learn how to raise roses and cross breed our own for new varieties which we could plant or sell.
7. Quests from the different factions asking for items. Quest could come via mail.
8. Keep the farm on pace with the game.
9. Our chickens should lay small eggs we can gather. Maybe new recipes for using eggs?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Everybody knows you can't really farm until you sell your soul to Monsatan... I mean Monsanto.

>_>
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
http://mysticalos.com/images/MoP/farm_pests.jpg

honestly, i'd prefer tentacle weeds to, this.
Edited by Omegal on 12/19/2012 1:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I would love it if I could manage my farm via armory. That means I could do it on the train home instead of wasting valuable daily quest completion time. The less time I spend on in-game chores like dailies and farming, the more time I can spend on fun things like raiding and pet battles.

And while I can't do dailies on my mobile, I sure as heck can farm. :)

But that is my dream.
Edited by Zupan on 12/19/2012 1:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I would like it if Yoon would get off his furry panda butt and do something once in a while. Takin' all the credit while we do all the work...

The scarecrow item was disappointing. I figured it'd be usable to some degree for the farming stuff like the insect repeller or sprinkler, but instead it's just an expensive cosmetic thingie.

The wiggling and alluring crops wouldn't be bad at all if the creatures dropped something. Even a low drop rate item would be fine, maybe one of the dark soil reputation items as a 5% thing or something (anything) would make them a lot less exasperating when half your crops come up this way for a day.

Otherwise though, I can't really complain. I enjoy the farming stuff even as it is.
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
http://mysticalos.com/images/MoP/farm_pests.jpg

honestly, i'd prefer tentacle weeds to, this.

I usually do them in two sections of eight. Four of them at a time is about right. Two sets of four is vastly easier than one set of eight.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]